+ Reply to Thread
Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3010914;
    Yeah, well, that part was wrapped up just a bit too quickly and conveniently. (I did see last night's 2-hour show.)
    Don't forget that Ellie was dead, too, from a shot from a gun that was last in Lynnette's hand. Does anyone really think the police would just let it slide like that, without more of an investigation, when 2 different people were found dead from the same gun, which had Lynnette's fingerprints on it and which she admittedly used to kill Katherine's ex, Travis?
    Also, the police guy - Travis's buddy and police colleague - was he really "onto" what Travis was all about? (Katherine never did fill out the "paperwork" that she suspected he would "conveniently lose.) If not, did the housewives un-sworn-in testimony convince him about Travis? And if not that, could he have let Katherine go, while planning some later payback?
    I know Ellie was a drug dealer, but would the police necessarily just write off her murder without an investigation?
    The writers could revisit those killings and an investigation and prosecution later if they want to. Katherine wasn't charged and then cleared. She could be charged with either of those killings at any time.

If the writers choose to just let it be neatly wrapped up the way they left it Sunday night, I'd say they're being lazy. Probably yet another sad consequence of the lengthy writers' strike.
    I'd also chock that up to the shortened season due to the writer's strike. They lost 5 or 6 episodes this season, so I'm sure they had to truncate all the stories like crazy, just to get to the finale and still be able to do the flash-forward thing on schedule.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3012217;
    Maybe Mike went home with his mother? He certainly wasn't doing his wife any justice when he should have been defending her and shutting mommy down!
    I liked Mike until his "mama's boy" side was revealed in the episode before last.

When my inlaws tried to pull that same kind of B.S. (different topics, same methods) with the backhanded compliments, insults followed by "bless her heart," and unsolicited advice, I nipped their behavior right in the bud by calling them on it outright and telling them I wouldn't put up with it. Then when they whined about it to my husband, he refused to be manipulated and stood up to them, and made it clear that he was on my side. (Soooooo glad I didn't marry a Mike or Tom!)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

This is really strange. Pretty sure I caught the episode on May 4, but when I tuned in on May 11, they seemed to be in progress and I seemed to have missed some developments.
    I saw the whole show May 11 (9 to 10) and all of the May 18 2 hour show. But I never saw Mike's mother arrive (unless it was only a minute or so), never saw Andrew return (except in the "flash forward" at the end of the finale), never saw the bit where Kayla gets the boys to set the fire -- didn't even know they had done it -- or where Lynnette slaps her and then she and Tom get into an argument and Tom takes Kayla's side. I didn't even know where the heck Ellie came from or what she was doing in Carlos and Gaby's house. Somewhere along the line I obviously missed something. (Maybe I did miss the May 4 episode after all.)

Anyway, is there a website where they have recaps of all the episodes?

FORT Fogey

Andrew has not been gone. He has been shown working at the pizza place during the year.

The scene where Kayla convinced the devil spawn twins to set the fire was never shown. The audience found out about that aftter the fact.

We didn't actually see Kayla telling the kids to set the fire. There was an episode (the Season premiere?) where Lynette and family were at a function (not sure what but it was after Tom and Rick had gotten into a fight at the Scavo's restaurant). Anway, Tom disappeared and then Andrew called Lynette and told her Rick's restaurant was on fire. Tom suddenly walked back in and Lynette thought it was him. Anyway, something ended up making the boys confess to starting the fire. The next day, they were outside and Lynette heard them telling each other that they didn't see why they were the only ones in trouble when "it was her idea." Lynette asked them who they were talking about. Cut to Lynette walking into Kayla's room and asking her about it. She confessed that she and the boys overheard Tom and Rick having a verbal disagreement and the boys were afraid that Rick was going to take Lynette away from them so Kayla told them they should set his restaurant on fire just to scare him away. I didn't see Kayla telling the boys to jump off the roof. Mike's mom was there for almost 20 minutes. Mike, Mama and Susan went to a restaurant and Mama was so rude and annoying and Mike didn't do a thing to shut her up so Susan faked her water breaking just to leave the restaurant. Back at the house, when Mike was just about to finally rip into his mother for the way she treats Susan, Susan really did go into labor and they went to the hospital sending Mama home.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3010730;
    What was also interesting about Gabby's kids is that they seemed older than 5, as if they came with a marriage or she adopted, or possibly inherited them from a dying relative. Even if they were only 4-5, it means Gabby would have to be pregnant at the time of the season finale, which was never hinted at. (Other than her ironic comment to Carlos about how they would never have kids..."my shoes are my children!"
    The one with the makeup on the bed was definitely older than 5 and I think she had to have been adopted. The one running away looked younger and they didn't show her close up, but she could have been younger. It could be they finally adopted and Gabby had a surprise pregnancy. Remember she supposedly was not able to have kids after the fiasco with the first pregnancy and well, doctors aren't 100% right all the time. I had a friend in the same boat--she was in the process of adopting a child and then found out during the process that she was pregnant--so they ended up with 2 children at once--the one she adopted was 2 by the time she came home with them. But where was Carlos? Was he just gone or did they split up? But anyway, wow did Gabby let herself go.

I am glad that Susan will have another guy. I was so over Mike at his whole Momma's boy thing. I had issues with my in-laws--they had issues with my race, my country of origin, and everything about me. When me standing up to them didn't work, my husband flat out told them that they weren't welcome in the house. I would not have put up with that. Also, I think Maynard is a horrible name and while there was history with that name, couldn't it have been a middle name--like Conner Maynard?

I thought the whole thing with the psycho husband Wayne being killed was too neatly made up. I do think the part about the cops all protecting their own is true and that they would turn a blind eye, but would they really take all their words for it for what happened without investigating? Or do they only investigate if something seems out of the ordinary? Maybe I watch too many forensic shows, but it seems like forensic evidence might put some doubt on the story and that they would at least investigate routinely.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 05-21-2008 at 12:47 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I wanted Wayne to take a head shot; I didn't think the chest shot was dramatic enough!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I think Carlos is still in the picture... although we didn't see him. There was a scene where she said, "Carlos is the love of my life." The way it was scripted, it was meaningful. Gabby could have gone off without him when she learned he was blind, but she finally realized she had met her match.

The flash forwards couldn't clear up every situation, just enough to pique the curiosity. No huge cliffhangers either.... well except for who was Susan married to and where/what happened to Mike.
    Tahoe bound....

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3013717;
    I wanted Wayne to take a head shot; I didn't think the chest shot was dramatic enough!
    I kept saying "Right between the eyes, Katheryn. Come on. Right between the eyes."
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellender;3010914;
    Yeah, well, that part was wrapped up just a bit too quickly and conveniently. (I did see last night's 2-hour show.)
    Don't forget that Ellie was dead, too, from a shot from a gun that was last in Lynnette's hand. Does anyone really think the police would just let it slide like that, without more of an investigation, when 2 different people were found dead from the same gun, which had Lynnette's fingerprints on it and which she admittedly used to kill Katherine's ex, Travis?
    Also, the police guy - Travis's buddy and police colleague - was he really "onto" what Travis was all about? (Katherine never did fill out the "paperwork" that she suspected he would "conveniently lose.) If not, did the housewives un-sworn-in testimony convince him about Travis? And if not that, could he have let Katherine go, while planning some later payback?
    I know Ellie was a drug dealer, but would the police necessarily just write off her murder without an investigation?
    The writers could revisit those killings and an investigation and prosecution later if they want to. Katherine wasn't charged and then cleared. She could be charged with either of those killings at any time.

If the writers choose to just let it be neatly wrapped up the way they left it Sunday night, I'd say they're being lazy. Probably yet another sad consequence of the lengthy writers' strike.
    This show is a satire, a total spoof on soap operas! There is no need to tend to those details; CSI and Law and Order do that. This is a black comedy; not a drama. It is not meant to be taken seriously.

+ Reply to Thread