+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3007961;
    And I know it's been said, but damn, Justine Bateman looks like hell.
    I know she's battled eating disorders and was anorexic during her "Family Ties" days. I think all the abuse her body took from food deprivation etc. has made her look prematurely old and haggard. She is still so danged thin, too. I honestly think she would looks tons better (her face would be fuller) if she gained just 10 extra pounds. (I know! Blasphemy, in Hollywood!!!)

Now that I know that it was her, I, too, was blown away by how horrendous she looked. She looked 20 years older than she really is.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought it was too funny when Gabby was fighting with drug girl, and told Carlos to call for the police. He opened the closet door and yelled "Help! Police!!" That was a great moment!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3008813;
    I thought it was too funny when Gabby was fighting with drug girl, and told Carlos to call for the police. He opened the closet door and yelled "Help! Police!!" That was a great moment!
    That's a classic TV moment if I ever saw one -- till I !!!

As regards the "five years later," the older girl who was making a mess of Gabby's stuff must've been adopted, because there's no way that she's age 5 or younger. (Unless Carlos pulled a Tom, and his "mistakes" came back to bite his wife in the ass . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

You call that MUSIC!!?? Ellender's Avatar

Can someone fill me in on what happened in the first hour of DH last week (May 11)? I didn't know it was a double episode so I tuned in at the regular time, only to find I'd missed an hour.
    Is there a link where I can watch that episode online? (I can't find it just by going to abc.com.) Failing that, is there an episode summary website -- one that gives more detail than what you can say in 4 sentences?
    Barring that, if anyone wants to post a brief summary (e.g., what the heck happened to Edie?), I would really appreciate that.

As for the season finale, I couldn't believe they had some other dude - not nearly as hot as Mike - with Susan. Do you think they really want to go there? James Denton (is that his name?) is just about my favorite part of DH.

Ummm it started at it's regular time (9pm EST) and ended at 11pm. But I'll try and briefly summarize the whole thing.
    Susan/Mike: Susan and Mike welcomed their new baby boy into the world. They had decided on the name Conner but then Mike received word that his grandfather had died so he guilted her into naming the baby after him which was Maynard. Susan agreed but then changed it back to Conner behind his back. After more guilting, she finally agreed to name the baby Maynard.
    Bree: Bree catered the gay couple's commitment ceremony with the help of all the other housewives after Katheryn bailed. Angered by Orson's attempts to follow her, she asked her pastor to hold her hand at a restaurant so that Orson would know that she's moved on. It backfired, however when the pastor tried to put the moves on her in the car. When she denied him, he threatened to expose her to the church. Orson fought him and the pastor knocked him out. She melted to Orson when he helped her get an ice sculpture to the commitment ceremony.
    Katheryn:Travis held Adam hostage to find Dylan. He then went to Katheryn's house when he thought he had killed Adam and tried to get her to tell him everything. Ellie came running in to hide from the police and Travis shot her dead. Bree was outraged when she thought Katheryn had merely stuck her with all the work for the ceremony so she barged in. Now Travis has 2 hostages and threatens to kill Bree if Katheryn doesn't tell him what he wants to know. Katheryn tells him that when she left him before (When Dylan was little), and she realized that he had found her, she was going to leave again. She had put a toy that he had given Dylan on top of a large Armoire in Dylan's room because she didn't want her to have anything from him. Later, Katheryn was awakened by her aunt screaming. She ran up and saw that Dylan was crushed under the now knocked over armoire. To keep it secret, they buried her in the woods and then Katheryn went to a Romanian orphanage to adopt a child that looked just like her. After a struggle, Katheryn eventually shot and killed Travis Wayne.
    That's all I can give you. I have to leave. I'll let someone else fill you in on Gabby and Lynette
    Last edited by nilesgirl; 05-20-2008 at 06:02 AM.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Okay. Now I can finish.
    Gabby/Carlos/Ellie: Ellie called Gabby and asked her to bring her a teddy bear that she left in the closet. The cops are staking out the house waiting for Ellie to return. When Gabby retrieves the bear, she finds thousands of dollars stuffed inside it. When Ellie realizes that Gabby found the money and plans on spending it, she shows up at the house. Gabby and Ellie fight over the duffle bag that's now holding the money and they make it outside. The cops try to chase Ellie but she mingles in with the crowd at the commitment ceremony. She wanders into Katheryn's house where she is shot dead by Travis.
    *note=I did forget to mention one thing about Katheryn's story. Adam crashed through the party to try and get to Katheryn.
    Lynette/Tom/Kayla: Kayla overhears the CPS people saying that if evidence appears of Lynette abusing Kayla, she could go to jail and lose her children. Kayla takes it upon herself to burn herself with a curling iron. Lynette comes home from visiting Susan and the baby in the hospital and is arrested for child abuse. Tom still wants to defend Kayla but Lynette finally tells him to step up and do the right thing. Tom sets Kayla up by tricking her into confessing to the whole set up while her psychologist is on the other end of the cell phone (Tom had set the phone down making it seem like the call was over). The shrink heard Kayla confess and then proceed to blackmail Tom into not doing anything. In the end, Tom sent Kayla to live with her grandparents.
    Flashforward: In the flashforward of 5 years later we see this: Katheryn gets a call from Dylan announcing that Paris is great and that her boyfriend proposed to her under the eiffel tower. Bree comes home and we see Andrew who seems to be some big executive now. Bree and Orson are back together. Lynette's child issues are even worse as it seems as though Porter has been in and out of juvie and now Preston has been arrested for stealing a car. Gabby has not 1 but 2 chubby little girls. Susan comes home to the waiting arms of some guy who's not Mike and Maynard is nowhere to be seen. No mention of Edie at all.

FORT Fogey

Moving them ahead 5 years using flash backs occasionally is an excellent idea! This show needed something drastic to move out it out of the stale plot lines.

Gabby with no make up and fat twins?! Oy.

I am all in favor of Susan finding a new husband. I liked Mike for awhile there but he tanked for me.

I read that Edie will be back a changed woman. Making Bree successful with a bit of fame is another excellent idea. It gets her out of the neighborhood. There have to be some fresh venues, situations and characters to sustain this show.

The only character I dont like is Tom, I never have. He has no backbone and is just a whimpy guy. Where is the interest?

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3008813;
    I totally LOLed on that one.

FORT Fogey

I read comments about Gaby's children being "fat." We barely saw the little girl who ran out of the room with the Vera Wang bunched up around her and I thought the little girl with the make up just had a cute, round face.

+ Reply to Thread