+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3007053;
    The entire episode was based way too much on Katherine for my tastes.
    I would blame that on the writer's strike. They only had 17 episodes to wrap up the major stories and leave us with the flash-forward teaser, instead of the usual 22-24. I would bet a lot of the stories ended up getting rushed or cut down.
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Fogey Add It Up Champion famita's Avatar

I really enjoyed last night's show-it actually held my interest without making me cringe.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3007293;
    He is Gale Harold, he was on Queer as Folk for 5 years. He is also on the Grey's Anatomy episode Crash in to Me ;ast year. As far as I know he has not been on DH before this.. but is confirmed to be on for the next season.
    my daughter, who doesn't watch this show, was walking through the room during that final scene and she squeeled ... she loves gale harold. and she said "brian's gone straight!"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3007322;
    More troubled than the kid who burned herself and called the police to turn in Lynette? I don't know how. They clearly are getting arrested in the future but we don't know for what.

I believe it said one of the boys was arrested for stealing a car, Lynette questioned which child because one just got out of juvenile. The Scavo twins are breaking the law. Kayla just stretched the truth. Lynette did hit her.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

While I don't condone child abuse, I also don't think that a parent disciplining their child--even if it's a spanking--is a crime. I'm 40...so when I was growing up, most of the kids I knew were spanked when they were naughty, some with belts or switches!! These days, it'd get you arrested. I don't think parents should punch their children or beat them...but if Kayla threatened a baby (Penny), then I probably would've slapped her, too. Lynette is not a child abuser. She hit the kid once. Yes, she was wrong--but one hit doesn't make her a child abuser. I said earlier that I thought the boys should've been punished earlier for setting the fire--and Kayla should've been punished, too. Just because you don't carry out the action doesn't make you innocent. Anyhow, I'm guessing the writers will show that Kayla turned into an even more evil child in the future...or she became a born again Christian and turned over a new leaf and she and Lynette have a good relationship now. That'd be nice.

Kayla talked the boys into committing ARSON!!!! Then convinced them to jump off the roof??? Then she not only blackmailed Lynette but then she tried to blackmail Tom. She's a snot-nosed, incouragable little b**** who deserved to get a slap across the face. And, by the way, filing false charges against someone is against the law and can get you into big trouble. The girl needs a boarding school or something. Do you honestly think she's going to be any better behaved with granny and grampy? 'Cause I sure don't. She did this stuff because she knew she could get away with it. I'm so glad she's gone!
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Regular

False claims about a crime are punishable by law. That girl annoys me because I have no doubt characters like her exist in real life; she wasn't just a creation of Cherry's imagination. I'm glad Tom finally decided to man up, putting up with crap just because she's your kid is asking for more trouble in the future. [speaking of which... perhaps punishing the twins would have payed off for the Scavos rather than getting bossed around by an evil kid?] Especially when your wife is the one dealing with the consequences-- a woman who doesn't even have blood relation with her, or owes the kid anything.

That flash forward to 5 years just left me feeling empty and blank, frankly... I don't think it will we be the same DH again.

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carelesshomage;3007910;
    That flash forward to 5 years just left me feeling empty and blank, frankly... I don't think it will we be the same DH again.
    me too! i was actually asking to myself "is the show over for good???" i can't imagine them fast fowarding five years and starting a new season at that point?

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3007723;
    I believe it said one of the boys was arrested for stealing a car, Lynette questioned which child because one just got out of juvenile. The Scavo twins are breaking the law. Kayla just stretched the truth. Lynette did hit her.
    Kayla went way beyond stretching the truth. Besides talking the boys into burning down buildings and jump from roofs, she threatened to harm a toddler and burned herself on purpose to frame Lynette. That is one sick, twisted freaking kid. I just hope she doesn't burn down the grandparent's house. She needs to be committed.

I think the five year jump was jarring, to say the least. I hope they can do it well enough that we don't feel like we "lost" the five years.

And I know it's been said, but damn, Justine Bateman looks like hell.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

It was a quick story line for Justine Bateman. They killed off quite a few story lines in that episode. Very neatly killing off the psycho dad and drug dealer in one fell swoop.

I thought that Gabby couldn't have kids after the miscarriage? That is why they had the whole story about the surrogate. Wonder where the kids come from in the flash forward?

The only thing I felt seemed like the original DH was the end where all the housewives came together to protect Katherine.

I was also glad that Kayla got shipped off! Glad Tom sorta redeemed himself.
    Tahoe bound....

+ Reply to Thread