+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 47 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by Margaritaville
    the simple solution would have been to name the child Connor Maynard Delfino.
    That's exactly what I said! Connor Maynard.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl;3007115;
    That's exactly what I said! Connor Maynard.
    I thought that as well.. Sadly the whole time they were going back and forth about it, all I could think of was Maynard James Keenan from Tool (a band i hate with all my being). I wonder how many he would have gotten his butt kicked on the playground He PICKED Maynard, lol
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Susan's new husband (?) looked faintly familiar to me in the quick glance I got. Is that because he's been on the show before, or have I just seen the actor elsewhere? Does anyone know?
    I was out and taped, but got home in time to watch the last 15 min....wow... so more comments when I've seen more.
    and I think I liked Bree's hair loose better than in that tight little knot.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I know...I really don't understand why they didn't make Maynard the middle name either...That's what middle names are for! I wish Susan had stood her ground about the naming of the baby...It's THEIR baby and THEY should choose a name they both like. She clearly didn't like Maynard, and Mike should've been sensitive to that. If they couldn't decide between Maynard and Conner, why couldn't they just name the baby Mike Jr. That should shut Mike up.

Both my father and my FIL had first names they didn't like and got around it. My dad was A. Milton ( both names were.. mehh) and My FIL was J. Warren. Most people never even knew what their first names were. Hopefully Maynard has a Middle name and he can be M. xxx Delfino, at least when he gets to school!!

Bree's son = Andrew
    Tahoe bound....

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by skyhigh79;3007258;
    Both my father and my FIL had first names they didn't like and got around it. My dad was A. Milton ( both names were.. mehh) and My FIL was J. Warren. Most people never even knew what their first names were. Hopefully Maynard has a Middle name and he can be M. xxx Delfino, at least when he gets to school!!
    You know, I know a lot of people by the names they are called...Jack, Claire etc. That isn't their given name! Their first name (on their birth certificates) are completely different from what they call themselves. I think too much time was spent on that storyline. And if push came to shove, I would pull the "I gave birth" card.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3007164;
    Susan's new husband (?) looked faintly familiar to me in the quick glance I got. Is that because he's been on the show before, or have I just seen the actor elsewhere? Does anyone know?
    I was out and taped, but got home in time to watch the last 15 min....wow... so more comments when I've seen more.
    and I think I liked Bree's hair loose better than in that tight little knot.
    He is Gale Harold, he was on Queer as Folk for 5 years. He is also on the Grey's Anatomy episode Crash in to Me ;ast year. As far as I know he has not been on DH before this.. but is confirmed to be on for the next season.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3007053;
    The only part I loved of this episode was the confirmation that the Scavo twins are much more troubled than Kayla. Take that Lynette!!!
    More troubled than the kid who burned herself and called the police to turn in Lynette? I don't know how. They clearly are getting arrested in the future but we don't know for what.
    "I miss Darva Conger." - Phonegrrrl

Quote Originally Posted by Mariner;3007322;

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;3007053;
    The only part I loved of this episode was the confirmation that the Scavo twins are much more troubled than Kayla. Take that Lynette!!!
    More troubled than the kid who burned herself and called the police to turn in Lynette? I don't know how. They clearly are getting arrested in the future but we don't know for what.
    Lynette didnt come off to worried.

Kayla on the other hand was HURTING others.. and saying she would do it again. I agree, Kayla is one screwed up kid, even hurting herself. The boys, well we all kinda knew they'd be in jail.. or the like If i had my choice, i'd rather my kid take a car for a joy ride then call CPS on me and have me arrested. I think Lynette sees this as a walk in the park over dealing with Kayla.

An example of the name thing is the wrestler Shawn Michaels. His actual name is Michael Shawn but he hates the name Michael so everyone who knows him calls him Shawn. I went to college with a guy named Scott. At one point before he moved out west, I asked him what his middle name is and he said "Scott." So I said "You're Scott Scott?" He said that no his actual first name is Richard but he preferred Scott so everyone calls him Scott.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread