+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Who in the world is
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Ken? Is this someone we've met before or speculation from spoilers?

FORT Fan

Is Edie not coming back?

The rumors have been that Nicolette Sheridan is off the show, hence Edie's departure last week. But now that the show is supposedly fast-forwarding the story 5 years this fall, (and because Marc Cherry likes to be coy with the press), it all could have been a smokescreen, and perhaps Nicolette will be back.

I have avoided reading Marcia Cross' spoiler quote so far, so I don't know how right/wrong I am. I'd like to try to be surprised in the fall (I realize it will be next to impossible but a man can try)
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this whole flash forward thing. I guess it makes sense in some ways, but in others it's like a completely new show. I'm going to try and reserve judgement until it comes back in the fall, but I definitely think Wisteria Lane won't be the same.

I should hope that they will do it so that episodes are sometimes split between scenes from the "future" and scenes from what would be considered the "present". It's a good storytelling device if done right.

We've gotten used to them flashing back in time to when Mary Alice was alive. Hopefully this won't be as jarring as it seems...
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Quote Originally Posted by MFWalkoff;3006658;
    I should hope that they will do it so that episodes are sometimes split between scenes from the "future" and scenes from what would be considered the "present". It's a good storytelling device if done right.
    The article I read indicated that that is what they're going to do. The article also indicated that we won't see Edie....at least not in any scenes set in the present. No word on whether or not she'll show up in the future. I'm not all that broken up about that - she's never been a favorite of mine. The character is pretty one-note.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I luaghed so hard with Gabby's flashforward. I was kind of expecting Travis (or whatever his name was) to kill Katherine once everything was out. She spilled the whole story and I was like "Well, now that her story is over, I guess she doesn't need to be alive anymore.) I wanted to hit Tom until he finally sent Kayla away. I was like "Awww...Kayla has to leave. (with a whole lot of sarcasm)" I don't find Maynard as horrible a name as the Wisteria ladies did but I do like Conner better. That was a different way of spelling Conner, too (on the balloons). I'm used to it being spelled with an O (Connor). Gay couple fighting over the ice sculpture was funny. I also found Lynette's flashforward very funny. "No. It wasn't Porter. It was Preston." ROFL. The only flashforward I didn't like was Susan's. Not happy that she and Mike don't make it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Isn't it amazing how they managed to make Gabby look chunky? Well, not really chunky, but it just goes to show what makeup and clothes can do. So Lynette's payback is going to be the devil twins... funny and sad.

I curious about Katherine's story, obviously she will be back. I wonder what will become of Adam?

I think Susan's daughter will not be back next season. She hasn't had much storyline this season and now she is going off to college. I have a hard time thinking of her as 18. She looks much older. Was good to see Andrew will be back too!

And of course, what happens to Mike? And Maynard?
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

The only part I loved of this episode was the confirmation that the Scavo twins are much more troubled than Kayla. Take that Lynette!!!

I do not like the whole flashing forward thing at all.

The entire episode was based way too much on Katherine for my tastes.

The whole Maynard thing was insane... How is it that Mike didn't think of naming his son after the grandfather until after his grandfather died? Especially if his grandfather had been so very special and meaningful to him? I don't get it. Anyway, the simple solution would have been to name the child Connor Maynard Delfino. That way the child has the family name without being beaten to a pulp in the schoolyard daily. Duh!

I was glad to finally see Katherine's story resolved, but had to roll my eyes at the Romanian orphanage bit. A bit ridiculous. I was a bit disappointed in the flash forward scene with her - she didn't have a wedding ring on I really hoped that she and Adam would reconcile after he rushed to save her like that.

Gabby with the two chubby girls will be hysterical!! Cannot wait for that!

Susan isn't with Mike?? After all that drama of the two of them??? I just don't get it. I just might fast-forward her scenes, especially if she is as annoying as she has been this season.

I loved the scenes with Bree and Orson last night I knew they would be able to work it out! They really are a great match. And I am really happy that Bree's son (his name has slipped my mind) will still be on the show! I really enjoy his scenes - hopefully he will have more scenes next season.

+ Reply to Thread