+ Reply to Thread
Page 39 of 47 FirstFirst ... 29303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3000828;
    I read on another board that Lynette and Tom actually suffer a loss of a child. I am betting it will be the brat
    This is great news, if true. Maybe he can kill her.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3001393;
    This is great news, if true. Maybe he can kill her.
    I feel as though lightening will strike me dead when I say this, but I never thought I'd be happy at the idea of a kid being killed off on a show. It is weird, because I know that if any of my 4 kids turned out to be evil little psychos, I would still love them, but that girl I can't stand and want gone from the show in any way possible.

FORT Regular

I'm glad Edie threw Bree's trick right back her, I thought Bree was being a you-know-what by acting like a kid and gossiping with Edie's clients, never mind that she wasn't even aware of what went on between her husband and her [nothing at all other than a drunken kiss].
    Kayla.. ugh. I hate seeing that awful kid and her dad throwing tantrums whenever Lynette calls her out. How stupid are you when you side with one kid and not the other 4 but have the nerve to say, "There are different rules for my kid?". Is he not the father of the other kids as well? What an awful character. Needless to say, that conniving Kayla wouldn't have a place in my home.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

It's interesting though that Bree protected Andrew when he killed Mrs. Solis...but she threw Orson out of his arse after he tried to kill Mike.

And Lynette and Tom don't seem to think that any of their kids should be punished more. I mean it's a rough call--it'd be difficult to turn in your own kid for setting a building on fire, but those boys need to be punished for doing it. Kayla, too, obviously--but Lynette can't assume that the twins wouldn't have done it without her prodding. And let's say it was ALL Kayla's prodding that got the twins to set the fire...this shows how easily led (and stupid) they are. If there are no repercussions to their actions, what's to stop them from following another suggestion by someone else to commit another crime? You can't let them off just 'cause they're stupid. And I'm wondering what kind of upbringing those boys had that they think this is an acceptable option (setting a building on fire 'cause the owner may take Mommy away)...

I think as much as it would've broken my heart, I would've turned all three of those kids in with the hope that paying for their crimes would prevent them from turning into true criminals as adults. Hopefully the judge would have mercy on them. And Lynette and Tom should man up and pay for the damage done to Rick's building. It was their kids that ruined a man's business.

I really don't think letting kids off is the best thing for them.

I know--this is a show...but really...

The storyline with Lynette and Tom's kids doesn't jive well with me either. Kayla told Lynette if she had to talk to the doctor she would also talk to the cops. How was bringing the doctor to the house to talk to her any different than talking to him in his office?
    SciFi, Fantasy, & Horror @ The Sanctuary

FORT Fogey

I get it that this is a satire of a soap opera and meant to be dark humor. The characters and situations are not meant to reflect real life. Having said that I have the most difficult time with Carlos being blind. I only hope that it is a set up for him to regain his sight next season and not tell anyone. He will be a witness to a murder or some drama and catch Gabby up to no good, of course.

I can picturea a knock on the head restoring his sight, and coming home, excited, to tell Gabby only to find her with another man. He will fein that he is still blind and continue that excapade for awhile.

I have searched this board and cannot find the directions for spoiler tags. I think we all know what I refer to; Marcia and Terry have been doing the interview circuit so it is hardly a secret. It would give them the chance to get rid of Kayla without us having to witness it.
    Last edited by shoepie; 05-18-2008 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;3005171;
    I have searched this board and cannot find the directions for spoiler tags.
    When you are making a post, you should see two rows of things above...the first row will say "fonts," "sizes" etc.

The second row will show "B" (for bolding), "I" (for italics) etc. The last thing on the right will be a pair of brackets around white space. That's what you use to make spoiler tags. Like this:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hi there! Give it a try!

Hope this helps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow, all this time I"ve been typing in [spoiler] at the start of spoiler and the same thing with a / before the S at the end. Learn something new every day!

So, back to shoepie, since I don't watch those interview shows I have no idea what you are talking about. Spoil away!

Ok, here are some spoilers about what happens to Kayla etc. Do NOT read this unless you want to know...these are quotes from Marcia Cross:

Source: 'Housewives' to jump to the future - CNN.com

Click to see Spoiler:
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- It's true: "Desperate Housewives" will flash-forward five years.

Marcia Cross, who plays domestic goddess Bree on the ABC comedy-drama, told AP Radio in a recent phone interview that a flash-forward narrative device will offer viewers a glimpse into the future lives of the Wisteria Lane gang.

Spoiler alert: Read no further if you don't want to know what happens to some of the central characters.

Cross said her character makes "a big leap."

"She's gone out into the world and she's become a bit of a success," the 46-year-old actress said.

When asked if that success has anything to do with the catering business Bree started with her neighbor Katherine (Dana Delany), Cross replied, "It does have to do with the business. Bree definitely has made a name for herself."

And Bree -- the embodiment of preppy style -- will change her look.

"Let's put it this way, the (hair) flip has died and I'm so happy about that," Cross said.

She also revealed that Eva Longoria Parker's character, Gabrielle, "has had some children."

When asked what becomes of the troublesome Kayla (Rachel Fox), who is Tom's (Doug Savant) daughter, Cross said, "She hightails it out of town or is hightailed out of town."

The season finale of "Desperate Housewives" airs Sunday.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3005480;
    When you are making a post, you should see two rows of things above...the first row will say "fonts," "sizes" etc.

The second row will show "B" (for bolding), "I" (for italics) etc. The last thing on the right will be a pair of brackets around white space. That's what you use to make spoiler tags. Like this:
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Hi there! Give it a try!

Hope this helps!
    Oh my god, thank you! Right infront of my face! I have some things to add to the spoiler above.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Terry said that her character will change a lot and we will see that at the very end, in the last 2 minutes. ??? I think we will all be happy about her personality making a shift! She is no longer endearing in her ditziness to say the least. We will see her with a new husband.

Carlos is still blind at the end of the finale. I really do think my prediction happens. It would be very dull to write for him without his vision being restored and some ensueing drama.

Edie returns and is a changed person. The old woman across the street, whose name escapes me at the moment, will become very deaf. Why this matters is beyond me but we can be sure it is a plot device.

Someone will be killed and it is likely to be Katherines ex, the cop. There is some big scene with Adam and him.

+ Reply to Thread