+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738394041424344454647 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Being a city girl an all, I'm not too knowledgeable about back country ways, but Mike's Mom sure seemed like a red-neck, at least in the generalized way they are usually portrayed!

Loved the explanation that by adding "bless their hearts" or some variation of that made an insult acceptable
    Tahoe bound....

FORT Fogey

I still watch but without much joy. I will stay with it until the end but it never recovered from Cherry's mistake at the close of season one. That being, solving all the mysteries.

I hate the arson story line too, but luckily Cherry keeps things light and moving forward so we won't have to suffer that for long. Unfortunately, this is just the begining of a string of bad seed antics for Kayla. He can't kill her so she either has to experience a turn around or continue to wreak havoc.

A small detail but one that bugs me is Lynettes hair. We all know that when a chemo patient gets the least bit of new growth they dump the wig and go for a short hair do! AND hair grows back curly for awhile and looks healthy. Showing Lynette with stupid, short, moth eaten wig annoys me.

All the characters go in and out of favor, for me, but the one I have never liked is Tom. Lynette continues to be my favorite along with Bree. Susan has always driven my husband up the wall.

I understand Edie leaving either permantly or for a long period of time. She is a one dimentional character and there is no one left for her to bed. Where can you go with her?

I thought we were going to see Katherine murdered by her ex but with Edie leaving that would leave them short on characters.

I wish they would use Julie more. She is old enough now to get a plot line all to herself.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2997695;
    Mike's mom is indeed a hick. The backhanded compliments (rude insults, really), use of the word "Mee-maw," and insisting that Susan call her "mama" -- among many other of her ... uhh ... verbal and behavioral qualities -- qualify her as a hick!

None of those things make her a hick. My son calls my Mother MeMa and we are certainly not hicks.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie;2998462;
    Unfortunately, this is just the begining of a string of bad seed antics for Kayla. He can't kill her...
    Oh, he could if he really wanted to. I know I could do it, and all the snivellers who get upset about anyone under the age of 14 being taken down be damned.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by shoepie
    Unfortunately, this is just the begining of a string of bad seed antics for Kayla. He can't kill her...
    And by Rattus:
    Oh, he could if he really wanted to. I know I could do it, and all the snivellers who get upset about anyone under the age of 14 being taken down be damned.
    Amen to that!!!
    Bree and/or her son could do it easily.
    Bree could do it with finesse. And muffins.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

I read on another board that Lynette and Tom actually suffer a loss of a child. I am betting it will be the brat

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01;3000828;
    I read on another board that Lynette and Tom actually suffer a loss of a child. I am betting it will be the brat
    But would that really be suffering to lose Kayla? I think it's a testament to that little actress's talent that we all hate her so much! I seem to remember that when she was first introduced, she seemed like a sweet kid stuck with a psycho mom...

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Apple doen't fall far from the tree
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;3000860;
    But would that really be suffering to lose Kayla? ...
    Hell no! It would be a reason to throw a party.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

FORT Fogey

If something happens to Kayla and Lynette has anything to do with it (remember the possum and the attempt on Ida's cat?) I hope Tom throws her to the curb once and for all.

+ Reply to Thread