+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 2728293031323334353637383940414243444546 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2988172;
    That little Kayla deserved that slap. My husband doesn't like Lynette so he's happy to see someone give it right back to her the same way she dishes it out. He says Lynette is a master manipulator.

So, I guess that homemade grave site we saw a few episodes back that Katherine visited was the real Dylan.
    That would be my guess also - I am disappointed in this season. I am losing all interest in the show and may even join the ranks of those that have dropped it. All of Lynette's storyline have been awful, it really seems as if Cherry really has wanted us to dislike her and her family.

The entire quality of the show has really gone toward the desperate side and in a humorless way. I will watch through till season end of course, but may not care what happens enough to return in the fall (or whenever depending on whether there is an actor strike in effect).

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;2988727;
    But creator and executive producer Marc Cherry was slightly more forthcoming. Yes, Edie's gone, he told The Associated Press on Friday. Then he added: "She won't be back for a few years."

What could that mean? Hadn't Cherry already announced he will bring his series to a close at the end of the 2010-11 season, just three years from now?

Well if he jumps the show ahead 5 years like the rumours have been saying he will then she'll be back next season. Nice word play.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey

So I guess it is safe to say that Edie's future is totally up in the air.

Didn't the commercial say the finale is two hours? I hope it is a good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2988865;
    All of Lynette's storyline have been awful, it really seems as if Cherry really has wanted us to dislike her and her family.
    It's working. I used to like Lynette (and Tom, too, until the affair thing), but now? Meh. The fact that Lynette would let that little witch Kayla order her around and demand that she buy the expensive dress, corn dog, etc. just doesn't sit well with me. The slap was nothing. She should have lit her little behind up. I wouldn't have been able to sit for a week if I talked to my parents like that.

And Mike's mom needs to go back to Hickville.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Who would have thought Mikes mom would be such a hick? She is making Mike look bad in my eyes. Not so much that he shares things about Susan to her, but the way he acts around her. He turns into a big redneck around her. And starts using a southern accent that I never noticed before.

The doctor Lynette took Kayla to bothers me. I'm sure a child psychatrist (sp?) would be alert to manipulative children and wouldn't be so quick to think Kayla the angel she's acting like. And Toms reaction. I know he loves Kayla and feels sorry for her but at the same time he should be wanting to protect his other children as well. Right now they are in physical danger from Kayla. His main concern seems to be protecting Kaylas "feelings".

Mikes mom had me killing myself laughing! Because of those of you who posted in General Discussion about things you say in the South.
    An insult + 'bless her heart' is not really an insult. I was
    And all grown ups revert to their childhood roles around their parents. I was shocked the first time I went home with my husband
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

FORT Fogey

Mike's Mom was in no way a "hick." She was a well dressed Southern lady who came across as smarter than most of the rest of them on the show. She shared quite a few words of wisdom with Susan and how sweet was it that she made her a recipe book.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy;2992240;
    Mikes mom had me killing myself laughing! Because of those of you who posted in General Discussion about things you say in the South.
    An insult + 'bless her heart' is not really an insult. I was
    And all grown ups revert to their childhood roles around their parents. I was shocked the first time I went home with my husband
    Mike's mother reminded me of my future MIL. Although she is a New Englander, she does much of the same stuff and my boyfriend did exactly what Mike did and revert to a childlike state. I was totally telling my bf last night that I could totally use that trick and pretend to be in labor just to get away from her, lol!

Susan's trick of faking labor in the restaurant was hilarious, it's the level of humor I expect from the show. I wish the rest of the storylines hadn't fallen into such ruts right now. I'm hoping for a season finale that packs some clever ideas in with the inevitable cliffhangers. And please, some sharp wit!
    "Whatever you are, be a good one." Abraham Lincoln
    What is an "MFWalkoff?"

Mike's Mom was in no way a "hick."
    Mike's mom is indeed a hick. The backhanded compliments (rude insults, really), use of the word "Mee-maw," and insisting that Susan call her "mama" -- among many other of her ... uhh ... verbal and behavioral qualities -- qualify her as a hick!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread