+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 47 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Ok, the whole Gyn/OB story about starting menopause and really being pregnancy confused was just plain stupid. Not liking his character, nor the actor who is playing him. Just not believeable. That's one bad doctor. Furthermore, just walking into the kitchen and telling her, also unbelieveable.[/QUOTE]

I agree completely - sooo unbelievable! Not sure if it is just his bad acting or the combination of the idea and his bad acting. Susan and her drama has me about sick of her - starting to wish her character would be written off. She is just too whiny for me. I hope that Mrs. McClusky continues to have a larger role, she is hilarious. I am also a bit intrigued by Lynette's mom.

One last thought - are they going to drag the Carlos/Gabby/Edie thing out allll season long? Don't know that I can stand that.

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2593793;
    Susan pregnant is not really a big deal. The thing that makes me wonder is that she said her period had been wacky for a couple months. She and Mike have only been married for like a month. I think the twist is going to be that it's Ian's baby. Mike and Susan being happy about her being pregnant with her husband's baby is way too easy a story line for this show, especially Susan. Plus, I don't think Susan and Mike had sex for quite a while before they got married. I just totally think there is going to a wrench here. And that wrench's name is Ian.
    Interesting speculation there. Yeh the card did say " One month later ",hmm.
    Personally I'd love to have Ian back. The whole idea of getting Mike and Susan back together was such a major letdown last season. An 8 year old could come up with that. So they'd better bring Ian back one way or another.

And quite honestly, Susan's role is getting really boring. Marc Cherry is really hitting creative wall with this one. This is what happen when you try to balance the power for 4 main charactors.

Also, not liking Nathan Fillion as a doctor. Have him in some rugged jeans , leather jacket on a motorcycle or something. The man is just not cut out to be a doctor in real life or on tv.

I watched last night only to see Nathan Fillion, who did an excellent job with the material he was given. In thinking about it, I realize that I like only the male characters on this deteriorating show.

Not one of the female characters has been left with even a hint of a quality that makes her likeable. Michal C. Hall can make you fell empathy for a serial killer; Josh Holloway can do it for a con man; Nadeem Andrews can do it for a torturor, Glenn Close for a despicable, win-at-all-costs attorney.

I can feel nothing but disgust with and contempt for any of these women. Even Lynette has lost me now, though it was good to see Polly Bergen. But, why would she not just tell the PTA mom that she just could not do it and why was Lynette's own business.

It's disappointing, but I'm probably done watching this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2593793;
    Susan pregnant is not really a big deal. The thing that makes me wonder is that she said her period had been wacky for a couple months. She and Mike have only been married for like a month. I think the twist is going to be that it's Ian's baby. Mike and Susan being happy about her being pregnant with her husband's baby is way too easy a story line for this show, especially Susan. Plus, I don't think Susan and Mike had sex for quite a while before they got married. I just totally think there is going to a wrench here. And that wrench's name is Ian.
    Very interesting thought - makes sense. Guess we'll see what Cherry does with this scenario.

FORT Fan

I really enjoyed last night's episode. However, I will agree with the previous posters that the storyline with Susan being pregnant is silly. No Doctor would misdiagnose that, that was just plain silly!!!

My theories on the Dylan story:

A) This isn't the real Dylan. Her memory of a guy coming into her room could have been when she was kidnapped to come live WITH Katherine because maybe the real Dylan is missing or died.
    B) Dylan's father tried to take her away from crazy Katherine but he was killed and buried somewhere in the house. The reason Katherine had to come back to the house is maybe her Aunt wants to sell the house and the body might be discovered. She did mention to her husband they had no choice but to come back even though she didn't want to.
    C) Dylan was kidnapped ala Elizabeth Smart (or any number of high profile news cases we've seen) and so Katherine had her memory erased. But by bringing Dylan back the mom risks her getting her memory back. Which is why I refer back to A. Remember, the doctor said "she's not going to remember" which could mean because it's NOT the same girl. But none the less Katherine wants the room locked because it holds bad memories for her and maybe the kidnapper/or ex-husband is hidden behind the sheetrock in that room.

I was really hoping Edie would be killed off but I read spoilers to the contrary so at least I was prepared for her to live.

All the women making a pact not to lie to each other but all the while still hiding things was stupid. It would have been much funnier if after they made the pact, each one blurted out their secret. They are all good enough friends to keep each other's secret and it would have been interesting to see how each handled the reveal.

I don't care who the father is of Susan's baby. She is a mess of a character. If it's Ian's I'm sure he'll sue for custody if he finds out. But then we'll find out after all is said and done that the paternity tests were switched and the baby is Mike's after all.

FORT Fan

Bring Dougray Scott back.

It was alright. Beat CSI an some other shows' season premieres. But overall way too over the top for all storylines. Definitely wasn't a huge fan.

Sexy Longhorn Girl 21longhorngal's Avatar

Ok I want Ian back too. I dont think Susan and Mike will be together for long. I think Dylan was stolen and there really baby died.

Quote Originally Posted by 21longhorngal;2594419;
    Ok I want Ian back too. I dont think Susan and Mike will be together for long. I think Dylan was stolen and there really baby died.
    Except she wasn't a baby when she lived there before... she was a young girl who went to school with Julie.

When her parents were in the attic room they mentioned that something had happened to their daughter there that she has apparently blocked out. They were discussing whether they should keep her (the way I had heard it, they were discussing Dylan, not Dana Delany's character ) out of the room.

+ Reply to Thread