+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 47 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

Just another point of view here - but just because Mike has painkillers doesn't mean he is an addict. Although the fact that they are not in a prescription bottle is disconcerting. If he injured his shoulder as he stated, and could not take time off, it is very likely indeed that the physician would prescribe painkillers to help him out. He did not have massive quantities from what I could tell. It seems to me that Susan went waaay overboard on this one. But I guess that was the storyline - they just could have written it better if they want us to believe he really has a problem.

FORT Fogey

i know i am 4 season late but is DH supposed to be a comedy drama?

lol--- more comedy than drama

PWS
    FORT Fogey

He hides them in a flashlight.... I don't think they came from a doctor. And according to Bree who looked them up they are something highly addictive. He may not know he has a problem, but he clearly does....trust you saw that little end thing where he was taking the sink apart to retrieve them from the sink trap (as soon as he dumped them in the sink and didn't really wash them down I thought...he's a plumber, he's going to get them back). You have to be desparate for the drugs to take drugs that have been sitting in a sink trap for hours.
    re the preview
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I hope Lynnette's house isn't destroyed... they've had enough trauma. If she's so upset it does seem possible it is her mom who died. I would hate for it to be any of the little old ladies on the street... I love their comments. And it makes sense Victor dies.... Unless of course some other boat has picked him up. Then Gaby and Carlos will be in real trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2662429;
    He hides them in a flashlight.... I don't think they came from a doctor. And according to Bree who looked them up they are something highly addictive. He may not know he has a problem, but he clearly does....trust you saw that little end thing where he was taking the sink apart to retrieve them from the sink trap (as soon as he dumped them in the sink and didn't really wash them down I thought...he's a plumber, he's going to get them back). You have to be desparate for the drugs to take drugs that have been sitting in a sink trap for hours.
    re the preview
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I hope Lynnette's house isn't destroyed... they've had enough trauma. If she's so upset it does seem possible it is her mom who died. I would hate for it to be any of the little old ladies on the street... I love their comments. And it makes sense Victor dies.... Unless of course some other boat has picked him up. Then Gaby and Carlos will be in real trouble.

Duh - I feel so stupid I did not make the connection with the pills down the sink and him taking the sink apart. MOST pain-killers are listed as highly-addictive in the books, thus making them controlled substances.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2662429;
    He hides them in a flashlight.... I don't think they came from a doctor. And according to Bree who looked them up they are something highly addictive. He may not know he has a problem, but he clearly does....trust you saw that little end thing where he was taking the sink apart to retrieve them from the sink trap (as soon as he dumped them in the sink and didn't really wash them down I thought...he's a plumber, he's going to get them back). You have to be desperate for the drugs to take drugs that have been sitting in a sink trap for hours.
    I thought the same thing. But I also thought, if Susan was savvy enough not to trust him to begin with, why didn't she pick up on the fact that he did not run the water and click on the garbage disposal? (Although if he had done that, would not stop an addict from just getting more drugs later and then being sneakier about hiding things.) Helloo, he's a plumber; of course he was just going to retrieve them from the drain!

Other characters: bored with Carlos and Gaby. Like the new chick, good actress, but don't like whoever they cast as her daughter. Glad they gave Lynette some sisters, as I really don't like Lynette, but I do like her family. Love Kyle MacLachlen (sp?) as usual, and for some reason always like watching Bree's storyline even when she does something "bad." He was right about the circumcision, although it is not good dinner conversation!

Premium Member

I'm really sick of Gaby. That whole thing with the boat is ridiculous, and I hope Victor swam off and hid so he can come back to get them both.

If Victor were alive, he could tell the authorities what happened. (If he is unconscious, then he drowned.) So, the scene of Edie saying it was murder means he's dead.

Sheepishly raising my hand as well as not having understood the significance of Mike working under the sink.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2662462;
    . . . if Susan was savvy enough not to trust him to begin with, why didn't she pick up on the fact that he did not run the water and click on the garbage disposal? . . .
    I think the key word here is "Susan" . . .
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

What's to stop Dylan from going to an internet cafe or even to Julie's house to look up her father where Katherine won't find her? Well, she probably would find her at Julie's. But if Julie were to bring her to someone else that Katherine wouldn't know about, then Dylan could ask them to use their computer. She could simply explain that she needs to research her father and that her mother was hogging the computer so she couldn't use hers.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

+ Reply to Thread