+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives Season 4

FORT Fogey

Re: Desperate Housewives Season 4

McClusky gets in at least one good line in every episode. She is always funny!

As for Lynette, I hope the possum's brother comes and tears up her garden. I hated that scene with the poor dead guy laying there.

Marcia Cross is absolutely the best as Bree! I cannot wait to see how they handle the arrival of Baby Hodge to Wisteria Lane.

I thought Mike's meds were for hypertension. That he was really talking about himself when he told the counsellor that his dad had hypertension, but it was being treated so he didn't have it any more.

As to the baby - remember when we suggested it might be mulatto? Doesn't seem to be the case.

LG.

regarding Susan needing medical history information for her pregnancy, they missed the mark in the point of "genetic counselling" for expecting moms of "advanced maternal age". I was AMA for my son and went through genetic counselling and they ask about medical conditions that are purely genetic and those genetic conditions that become more likely as the mother get older, like Downs Syndrome, Trisomy 13, and some other genetic conditions like huntington's, tay sachs, PKU, cycstic fibrosis, etc. In genetic counselling they are not really interested in whether people in the family later in life develop hypertension or cancer or heart disease because the point of genetic counselling is to find out whether the fetus has some genetic condition that is so devestating that the parents may want the option to terminate the pregnancy. Regardless of personal views of abortion rights, I don't think I've ever met anyone that would recommend abortion just because someone might develop hypertension some day. That's the information they're looking for, and interviewing family member is really not necessary. Just more reason for Susan to be an annoying busybody.

Why did Bree claim that the "water" on the rug at the Halloween party was part of Danielle's costume rather than her own water, as they've now got the baby and will need to act like Bree gave birth that night. Oh well. For a first-time mom to have her water break (without even being in labor) to delivering a baby within 20 minutes is also ludicrous, but I did like the shot of Frankenstein Doc holding the newborn.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

FORT Fogey

I guess Bree gave the first answer she could think of which was very funny. She could hardly say it was her own or everyone would have wanted to rush her to the hospital.

LG.

Quote Originally Posted by SavhLaney;2649167;
    I guess Bree gave the first answer she could think of which was very funny. She could hardly say it was her own or everyone would have wanted to rush her to the hospital.

or they would let her and her family leave so she could go to her own doctor to deliver her baby? I've had kids. It doesn't happen that fast that you should run out the door to the hospital the first sign of labor.

Not that I expect this show to be realistic, mind you.

I am not sure how I feel about Gabby's reaction to finding out Carlos had $10 million dollars. She finds out he had hidden embezzled money: first she's happy there is money, and then she's mad that he didn't CONFESS TO A CRIME in order to report this as an asset so that she could TAKE HALF OF THIS ILLEGAL MONEY as part of her divorce? WHA? Um, Gabby, you wouldn't have gotten half, as the government would have seized it all because it was embezzled money from a crime. Good grief. So she's mad and won't be with him? Serves her right for being a half-wit I guess.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

So, the guy Carlos hired to do something about the Edie situation was just moving his money?

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2651402;
    So, the guy Carlos hired to do something about the Edie situation was just moving his money?
    That was a great twist, that option had not even occured to me! Good for Carlos, and Gabby needs to remove her head from her behind. Be happy that he has all that $$ stashed and live happily ever after! Duh!!

Also, I must admit that I really enjoy watching Andrew now that his anger issues are over. It is really fun to watch him interact with Bree and Orson. Maybe we will see a similar change in Danielle now that she has given birth?

I think Danielle is being written out of the show. (Remember, she agreed to go to college in Florida.)

FORT Fogey

Hopefully so, Danielle has never really been an integral character anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Brooks;2648922;
    I thought Mike's meds were for hypertension.
    I'll bet his meds are either Xanax or Valium -- to prevent him from wringing Susan's neck on a daily basis.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread