+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 24 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Moonlight

Re: Moonlight

I thought that was really weird too, but I brushed it off as a mistake. Maybe she meant something else. Or maybe no one was paying attention to that part.

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

Who cares about getting the legal system jargon right...just show more of Mick in those "distracting" shirts in front of a cheesy sunrise! I thought the episode was creepy too, that cult leader was evil looking.
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2679053;
    Who cares about getting the legal system jargon right...just show more of Mick in those "distracting" shirts in front of a cheesy sunrise! I thought the episode was creepy too, that cult leader was evil looking.
    Very Charles Manson...ugh, now there was a guy who would have been a convincing vampire.....

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Meant to say, there was one thing that bothered me about this last show, where she connects the man who made her feel safe as child with Mick....a little Freudian Electral Complexish....the daddy figure from her childhood is now her love interest... a bit of ick there. Reminds me of the book from my childhood called, I think, Daddy Long Legs, about an orphan girl who was supported and kept in good schooling by a mystery man, adult, whom she never saw (just his shadow elongated by the light, hence the name of the book), and whom she later meets and falls in love with....

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2679053;
    Who cares about getting the legal system jargon right...
    I care. I'm willing to suspend disbelief as it pertains to vampires, demons, space cowboys, sewer-gators and the like, but if they're going to talk about things that happen in real life, I want them to get it right. Otherwise I spend the entire rest of the program pondering things other than the supernatural and I totally end up missing the end-of-show cheesefest.

And you're not alone, PWS. I've also been getting a bit of an Electra Complex vibe from Beth.
    Last edited by Rattus; 11-20-2007 at 12:34 PM.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2682433;
    I care. I'm willing to suspend disbelief as it pertains to vampires, demons, space cowboys, sewer-gators and the like, but if they're going to talk about things that happen in real life, I want them to get it right. Otherwise I spend the entire rest of the program pondering things other than the supernatural and I totally end up missing the end-of-show cheesefest.

And you're not alone, PWS. I've also been getting a bit of an Electra Complex vibe from Beth.
    Great minds think alike! I wonder if it will bother Nick (would you love me if I hadn't been imprinted on your prepubescent mind as a savior?) or if the vampire love life world is so bizarre already that this is just one more kink in a kinky world.
    And I, also, am bothered by the real world errors...that parole thing bothered me as well...you don't go from being considered for parole to the death chamber unless you committed some further crime in prison like killing a guard. And they never mentioned anything like that.

CCL

I didn't even notice the parole thing. But I can understand how small details like that would be grating.
    I was trying to figure out who Nick was from PWS's post. She means, Mick of course. How silly of me! Yeah, I can see how it can be a bit icky that Mick has been "watching over" Beth since childhood and now she's his love interest. But things change in life, I guess. You hear all the time about people who were best friends for years and then one day they see each other anew and become romantically involved. I'm sure when Mick was watching over her as a child he didn't even consider Beth in that way. And, really, his romantic feelings only developed after he came to be in close contact with her as an adult so...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2682929;
    Yeah, I can see how it can be a bit icky that Mick has been "watching over" Beth since childhood and now she's his love interest. But things change in life, I guess. You hear all the time about people who were best friends for years and then one day they see each other anew and become romantically involved.
    I dunno - kind of reminds me of Woody Allen and Soon Yi *shudder*.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2682929;
    I didn't even notice the parole thing. But I can understand how small details like that would be grating.
    I was trying to figure out who Nick was from PWS's post. She means, Mick of course. How silly of me! Yeah, I can see how it can be a bit icky that Mick has been "watching over" Beth since childhood and now she's his love interest. But things change in life, I guess. You hear all the time about people who were best friends for years and then one day they see each other anew and become romantically involved. I'm sure when Mick was watching over her as a child he didn't even consider Beth in that way. And, really, his romantic feelings only developed after he came to be in close contact with her as an adult so...
    Ooops!!! Drat--hate that we can't go back and fix stupid typos!
    I was actually thinking about it more from her side than his...not thinking he's a child molester, more that she's so very postively influenced by the fact that he was the adult who kept her safe. Usually our romantic partners were kids when we were, so that's not part of the package....the adult who keeps us safe is a parent figure. Now she's combining her romantic partner and her parent figure....
    I'm not seriously turned off by it yet, but if it keeps coming up....as it may as Coraline is going to be around for a few episodes....

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2683102;
    I dunno - kind of reminds me of Woody Allen and Soon Yi *shudder*.
    Rattus no!!! I don't want to be picturing Woody Allen when I'm enjoying my Moonlight. Darn you!
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread