+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Moonlight

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Moonlight

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2646026;
    Loved Josef having more of a role in tonight's episode. I didn't connect their drinking with the lack of taste, but caught the pink lining. I'm loving Mick more and more!
    I'm kind of torn between wanting Beth with Mick right now and wanting her to stay a little more true to her boyfriend. I really like him too! (Just not as much as Mick). He's a good guy and I don't want him out of the show.
    I don't know...she's already kissing Mick when she's sober...and hunting him down when she's high...doesn't bode well for the boyfriend unless she has some kind of frightening wake up call encounter with Nick.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;2646130;
    I don't know...she's already kissing Mick when she's sober...and hunting him down when she's high...doesn't bode well for the boyfriend unless she has some kind of frightening wake up call encounter with Nick.
    Good guy boyfriend also is not an idiot - he suspects what is going on with Beth. She is really confused, but I also like the connection between Beth/Mick - I guess it is too late for a best friends connection between them. If one of them were to die, then she would could live happily ever after.

For Beth to stay as young looking as Mick, she would have to turn and I can't see her doing that; if she doesn't - then sooner or later she will age and boyfriend is only one to grow old with.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, there has to be something happening to slow down the "chase"...all the best shows have a way to prolong the pre-hook up phase...if they hook up and are a romantic team hunting criminals it won't be at all the same. I see next week his ex-wife (do vampires divorce?) is back... maybe it has something to do with her....maybe she threatens his new love unless he backs off her...maybe she makes him realize the dangers of commitment....

I have not read the posts, because I do not want to spoil anything. But, I was wondering how many of you really like this show. I didn't know if it was worth it to go back and watch them from the beginning, or if it was another Jericho, doomed to be canceled. Any suggestions???

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom;2652254;
    I have not read the posts, because I do not want to spoil anything. But, I was wondering how many of you really like this show. I didn't know if it was worth it to go back and watch them from the beginning, or if it was another Jericho, doomed to be canceled. Any suggestions???
    First of all outside of the Sci Fi Channel there is very little to watch on Fridays. I am always up to watch a sci fi/paranormal show. That said, I did not have great expectations for Moonlight as some of the commercials indicated a very old fashioned treatment of vampires and I thought it would die a slow death. Surprisingly, the show has steadily improved since the premiere. I honestly think it might survive and have a second season. Yes, its is worth watching.

One reason I think it will survive is that it is styling itself more as a relationship show vs a supernatural show and that probably helps it be acceptable among the less adventurous in the viewing audience.

I also catch Blood Ties on the Lifetime channel, at 11pm EST (Friday) which is also another vampire series.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by 2boysmom;2652254;
    It's always hard to tell. It has been doing quite well in the key 18 - 49 demographic. And the brass at CBS seems to be supportive of it (I'm judging this based on a comment from some CBS honcho I read and on the fact that they've already ordered more scripts. Mind you, I'm not sure if the extra scripts were actually written before the current writer's strike came into effect. And who knows what effect the strike will have on either this show, or other shows).
    I personally love the show and would recommend it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I love the show. It tries to show that vampires run the range of good and evil like humans because, in fact, they are humans with a "disease" that renders them sensitive to sunlight, must have blood to live, and live unusually long lives, but can be killed. I agree that it is more of a relationship show rather than supernatural and the chemistry between the leads is terrific.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree---the chemistry seemed a little off at first, but is definitely growing, and the show is getting better as more gets revealed. There are also good secondary charactors to play with as well. Get online and watch the early shows before they take them off...haven't been all that many yet, what with one thing and another, and get caught up. I might not watch it on a Thursday night, but it's definitely worth it on a Friday... and at this point even on a Thursday I think I'd at least tape it. It gets better as it goes along, so hang in there.

I had such low expectations at first, so I was pleasantly surprised by the first episode. Since then, it's just grown. Definitely a must see Friday nighter and well worth taping if you're going out on Friday.

CCL

I did enjoy last night's show but I'm not sure I want a long storyline about Coraline trying to exact revenge on Mick. I like the show being focussed on the dynamic between human and vampire, figuring out how Mick and Beth can relate and move forward. I know they are going to throw wrenches into the Mick and Beth relationship, but I'm not sure I want Coraline to be one of those wrenches (not on a permanent or long-term basis, anyhow).
    Modern day Morgan/Coraline was well-acted but I didn't think the portrayal of Coraline in flashbacks was done well. She didn't seem very alluring, no where near what she should have been like. Mortal Mick was kind of geeky.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread