+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Moonlight

Re: Moonlight

I like this show but cannot stand Coraleen. UGH!!! I don't even like watching scenes she is in that are pertinent to the plot; like Mick taking her blood and her dying.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

For some reason, I totally did not recognize Coraline as Shannyn Sossamon (Lady Jocelyn in A Knight's Tale). I still don't totally see it!

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2724581;
    I like this show but cannot stand Coraleen. UGH!!! I don't even like watching scenes she is in that are pertinent to the plot; like Mick taking her blood and her dying.
    your opinion is in the vast majority, definitely. but for some reason, i really like her. i like the actress who portrays Coraline, but the character is intriguing to me. perhaps as she's more mysterious and guarded and not black and white good or evil. but i really like her.
    "A prayer for the wild at heart, kept in cages."

I liked human Coraline but not the vampire side. I hope we don't have a recurring Coraline through out the life of the series.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by Mike'sgirl;2734301;
    I liked human Coraline but not the vampire side. I hope we don't have a recurring Coraline through out the life of the series.
    I agree. I think they want the audience to find her alluring/interesting/mysterious but I don't find that at all. Like when she was holding on to the child Beth in the first episode's flashback, telling Mick that they could be a family now ... I think that they wanted us to feel for Coraline at that point but I just didn't at all. I don't know if the failure to make Vampire Coraline a compelling character is a failure on the part of the writers, or the actress or whatever, but it's just not working for me.
    Last edited by CCL; 12-26-2007 at 10:56 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Man, from the spoilers I'm reading, it's going to be VERY interesting. Apparently
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Beth figures out that Coraline is her monther
    . Yikes!!

CCL

No! Eek. That would just be wrong in so many ways...
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Didn't we see Beth's mother in that first episode? She went to hire Mick to find her daughter (Beth) that was kidnapped.... or did I completely misunderstand that first episode?

No more Coraline, no more Coraline! That's my chant!

Heavy spoilers about the next two episodes from SpoilerFix.com: Moonlight
    Spoilers for the entire episodes and what happens so only click at own risk!!

Click to see Spoiler:
    Episode 1.11 - Love Lasts Forever [Airing January 4]: While involved in a case against an El Salvadoran gangster, Josh is warned by the bad guys and then they treaten him with harm to Beth. He asks Mick to watch over Beth. Trying to figure out why Coraline chose Beth as a little girl, Beth and Mick take a vial of blood to the lab to be tested. The doctor thinks it's from a child because it's absolutely pure. When she tells them the blood type is extremely rare, Beth guesses correctly, telling them she knows because it is her blood type. Later, Mick and Beth are caught in gunfire but escape. Josh is kidnapped then shot and killed in front of Mick and Beth before Mick can save him.

Episode 1.12 - The Mortal Cure [Airing January 11]: An old vampire comes to Mick's office asking about finding Coraline. Mick denies seeing her recently but senses that the old vamp is trouble. He goes to the hospital to try and learn more about how and when Coraline escaped. Mick, Coraline and the old vamp meet up several times, the old vamp nearly killing them both each time, as he is insanely strong and unlike anything Mick has ever seen. Coraline tells Mick how she knew him and that the old vamp is her brother. Beth has asked Mick for some space after Josh died. She finds some information in Josh's things about a meeting with a woman she doesn't know, assuming he was cheating on her. When she meets the woman in Josh's place, she tells her that Josh had hired her as a consultant. She also tells Beth that Josh had been planning on proposing. Beth goes to investigate the woman's office and finds that she was investigating vampires.

Thanks CanadianAngel! I was curious.
    I did rewatch that 101 first episode at CBS last night and Mick did wonder why Coraline chose to kidnap Beth. My impression from watching it again last night is the same though, Coraline intended to turn little Beth, so that they could be one happy vampire family.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    I am not sure if there is more of a connection between Coraline and Beth, but having worked as a Blood Bank technologist for 10 years there is really no blood type that is that rare. AB Negative would be the rarest type, and yet it is still provided for fairly well at Blood Banks. The most common type being O positive. It will be interesting to see how that plays out though. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread