+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Moonlight

CCL

Re: Moonlight

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;2689381;
    I thought the writing in last week's episode was great...and that they could have really used an editor last night ;-) They set the rules in the beginning...they should follow them.

- Mick gets shot...and bleeds. Profusely. Vamps aren't supposed to bleed.
    Maybe the vampires in Moonlight do. When Mick cut his arm open to get the bullet out in a previous episode there was blood. Every writer makes a vampire story and its elements his/her own. The writer(s) of Moonlight obviously like to subvert the "rules" of vampirism. Vampires in Moonlight can go out in sun, for example, where "tradition" has that they can't go out in daylight.

- She ordered her favorite wine? How can vamps have a favorite wine if they can't taste it?
    I did wonder about that but I do recall Josef and Mick drinking before, as Bearcata mentions. Maybe they can taste alcohol.

Did anyone notice if Coraline bled after Beth stabbed her with the stake? (I was distracted by the local ten-year-old ;-) )
    I didn't notice blood
    Click to see Spoiler:
    but a future episode has her in the hospital, recovering. Wonder if Beth is going to be in trouble with the authorities over stabbing Coraine?

I, for one, am over Moonlight until Coraline is off the show, or on it in a different capacity. I just find the way Mick interacts with her annoying, and not just because I'm a Beth fan (I admit my bias). It's like Josef says, she really is like a drug to him, and he becomes stupid/crazed around her.

Ok, I'm not really done with Moonlight. Just not as happy.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

Maybe the vampires in Moonlight do. When Mick cut his arm open to get the bullet out in a previous episode there was blood. Every writer makes a vampire story and its elements his/her own. The writer(s) of Moonlight obviously like to subvert the "rules" of vampirism. Vampires in Moonlight can go out in sun, for example, where "tradition" has that they can't go out in daylight.
    There was some blood, yes...but his head wound bled a lot. And two weeks ago, he asked Coraline (when he thought she was a vamp) how she could bleed when her arm was cut.

I did wonder about that but I do recall Josef and Mick drinking before, as Bearcata mentions. Maybe they can taste alcohol.
    I know they had had drinks, but Mick has stated that they can't taste. So it just seemed strange to me that there was a "favorite wine" when the last time she could have tasted it was 300 years ago.

I, for one, am over Moonlight until Coraline is off the show, or on it in a different capacity. I just find the way Mick interacts with her annoying, and not just because I'm a Beth fan (I admit my bias). It's like Josef says, she really is like a drug to him, and he becomes stupid/crazed around her.
    I think that his overriding need for a cure is his downfall, more than his love/crush/infatuation with Coraline. He didn't mention anything about his feelings last night when he went to her at the end of the show...he was almost destroyed because she had the cure and he didn't know what it was.

Ok, I'm not really done with Moonlight. Just not as happy.
    Yeah, I get that. Up until last night, I really liked the show, in spite of the various glitches. But I just don't see how they're going to be able to resolve this nicely...

Something else that's been bothering me, too, is the timing and Coraline's "status". Josef told Beth that Mick and Coraline were on-and-off for 30 years, until she kidnapped Beth. Mick killed her 25 years ago, yet she still looks the same. I can go along with the basic rules that they've laid out, but they want us to believe that Coraline stayed in the "party house" for 25 years, keeping tabs on Mick (in the shower, she said that she became human because he seemed to go for the human girls, which was not something they showed us), yet only figured out how to become human in the last year or so? Because if she's really human, she has to age...unless she has managed to achieve some new vamp/human status that no one else is aware of.

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini;2689889;
    There was some blood, yes...but his head wound bled a lot. And two weeks ago, he asked Coraline (when he thought she was a vamp) how she could bleed when her arm was cut.
    Ah, very good, I didn't think of that. They need to hire somebody to watch their continuity on this show. You've picked up on a lot, TripleGemini.

Something else that's been bothering me, too, is the timing and Coraline's "status". Josef told Beth that Mick and Coraline were on-and-off for 30 years, until she kidnapped Beth. Mick killed her 25 years ago, yet she still looks the same. I can go along with the basic rules that they've laid out, but they want us to believe that Coraline stayed in the "party house" for 25 years, keeping tabs on Mick (in the shower, she said that she became human because he seemed to go for the human girls, which was not something they showed us), yet only figured out how to become human in the last year or so? Because if she's really human, she has to age...unless she has managed to achieve some new vamp/human status that no one else is aware of.
    She may have known how to become human for some time but liked being a vampire and, so, never acted on it. She acted upon that knowledge now because she saw how close Mick was getting to Beth, and figured transforming into a human was a way to get him back (she did note his apparent fondness of humans in the show). From what I've read elsewhere
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the knowledge of the way to become human (at least in the Moonlight universe) ties back to the times of the French Revolution, and we know Coraline was around during those times.
    Last edited by CCL; 11-24-2007 at 09:20 PM.

IMO this show has turned out to be the "surprise" of the new shows for this season...much better than I even thought it would be...I didn't think I could like another Vampire detective story since Angel went off the air...for the person that asked about the vampires drinking...lol...Spike stayed drunk
    SAVE THE WHALES..THE OCEANS DIE..WE DIE!!!

CCL

I did love Spike...

Regarding the fleur de lis tattoo, I was reading somewhere that the image of Coraline being branded was shown to us via Beth's imagination, based on her readings. So Coraline may never have been branded and it might just be a tattoo. Or maybe she was branded and her skin healed (Mick did mention that vampires heal very well) leaving just a light imprint and she got the tattoo over that.

Regarding the fleur de lis tattoo, I was reading somewhere that the image of Coraline being branded was shown to us via Beth's imagination, based on her readings. So Coraline may never have been branded and it might just be a tattoo. Or maybe she was branded and her skin healed (Mick did mention that vampires heal very well) leaving just a light imprint and she got the tattoo over that.
    Oh, that could have been my misinterpretation. I knew that we were watching Beth's imagination when Coraline got branded, but for some reason, I didn't think C was a vamp at the time she got branded.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL;2690059;
    I did love Spike...

My impression was that Coraline was branded as a human being. I don't think scars you recieve as a human heal when you become one of the undead. I guess it depends on whose universe you are in.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Techsan by the grace of G texasgirl73's Avatar

I agree, the continuity is kind of wonky on this show. First vamps can't bleed, then they can. But luckily I'm able to overlook them for the most part. I'm kinda irritated that they've brought Coraline back as a human. I want him with Beth, although we know it will possibly end badly. And while I think he's obsessed with Coraline I think she'll ultimately end up turning bad. Don't you think she wants revenge on Mick because he thwarted her plans to abduct Beth as a child and then "killed" her?
    *Behind every great man is a woman rolling her eyes*

CCL

Quote Originally Posted by texasgirl73;2695447;
    Don't you think she wants revenge on Mick because he thwarted her plans to abduct Beth as a child and then "killed" her?
    Probably. Most people would be kind of miffed, to say the least.

I can't wait, I have missed my Friday night fix. I thought about rewatching some of the episodes just to keep things normal
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

+ Reply to Thread