+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

I sadly suspect it is the series finale. Whoever made the choice to replace Sean Astin killed the show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3178304;
    I sadly suspect it is the series finale. Whoever made the choice to replace Sean Astin killed the show.
    I'm wondering if they're going to end the series since the study is still going on in the Kalahari. It's a long-term commitment for the scientists.

Whoever the nut job was that didn't use Sean Astin for the movie and the new season needs to be hung from his thumbs in a Turkish prison covered with flesh-eating ants. lmao
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3178702;
    Whoever the nut job was that didn't use Sean Astin for the movie and the new season needs to be hung from his thumbs in a Turkish prison covered with flesh-eating ants. lmao
    How about this punishment: Put him in a small room, have the Whiskers scent-mark him, then put The Commandos in with him.

I thought Stockard Channing did a fine job. It's the story that I'm most interested in. However, I did miss Sean very much. His voice and delivery is just perfect for the show. Whoopi was awful in the movie, IMO. It was hard to sit through that.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If there is a marathon, would somebody please come in here and let everybody know? I'd hate to miss it!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3178702;
    Violence is usually a turn-off for me, but I'll give heartfelt on that one. (Pun intended).
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Alas, our favorite kats are not being filmed anymore. AP will not continue the series. I'm so sad to read this, but I can't say I'm not surprised. Last season's ratings tanked. It was fun while it lasted.

I read this on the AP message boards. Sometimes producers come in and answer question.

Let's hope they continue Lemur Kingdom. I like that show.
    ~~~~

FORT Newbie

Folks, don't give up hope yet. AP has a 5 year contract withh the Kalahari Meerkat Project and only 4 have run. MM is AP's highest ratest show, and they have not announced it is cancelled. Also, the KMP still has a website closed to all but members, and they just recently have been very testy about members revealing information to the public (so as not to leak spoilers before shown on the show).

The rumors started when "series" finale was used as well as "season" finale for the final 3 episodes. The AP MM message boards have members from all over, and it was explained that "series" finale is used in the English version, and "season" in the US. It was suggested that whoever does the press releases mixed them up, or forgot to change the US ones. (The English version also uses different names for all the meerkats, so trying to follow on the message boards can be really confusing.)

The latest rumor was that someone met the director of Family Earthlings (I think that is the name) who said all the film crew left in March, and wouldn't be back, and that she wasn't going back either. However, the film crew leaves every year in March (which is the start of winter in the Kalahari) and then returns in Sept/Oct to film in the summer for six months.

None of this is conclusive - it may or may not be the end. But it's not been announced. However, e-mail to AP to keep the show certainly can't hurt.

Thanks to On Demand, I just finally got to see the last 3 episodes of the season, and I would really hope they wouldn't end the series with the sad, dreary episode that was the finale.

Of course by now everyone probably knows that Rocket Dog died, but the last episode provided a good lead-in for Sophie taking over the dominant female role in the Whiskers, even though RD was still alive when the show was filmed. I would hope they'd at least do one more episode that would give RD the tribute she deserved and let us know if Sophie assumed the role of leader.
    Love lives forever <3

December 9, 2008 is Zaphod's 10th birthday. He's still alive and well and head of the Aztecs. They're an off-shoot of his original Whiskers clan. His niece, Monkulus is the head female of the Aztecs. He doesn't chase after roving males trying to mate with her. Ironically, he did just that with his daughters.
    ~~~~

Meerkat Manor and Meerkat Manor: The Next Generation are currently being aired again on Episodes 1 and 2 are running today and tonight, episodes 3 and 4 tomorrow night.

It's been a long time and I think I'll watch again, but probably not the Next Generation series.

+ Reply to Thread