+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

The latest commercial says that there's surprise return. I hope it's Mitch.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3168486;
    I didn't even know this thread existed! I love Meerkat Manor!!!

Where would Mitch be returning from? He was just on last week. I think the one returning is Wilson. Not a huge surprise in my book, but he's not a weekly fixture. I wish he'd just permanently hook up with some of the ousted females.

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;3168486;
    Maybe it will be Shakespeare. They never did reveal what happened to him, even though they played it up on the commercials like they would.

I haven't really been watching as I can't stand the new narrator. I thought Mitch was missing from reading another web site. I'm glad it's wrong and he's safe. I seriously doubt it would be Shakespeare since he's been gone so long. The Kalahari Project said they're fairly certain he's a roamer and found a mob of his own or didn't survive the TB that's been going around. At the request of AP, they stopped providing updates until the end of the season.

You could be right about Wilson. I hope it's him.
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by radar;3169765;
    Maybe it will be Shakespeare. They never did reveal what happened to him, even though they played it up on the commercials like they would.
    I *heart* Shakespeare! I'd be thrilled if he were the surprise returnee!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Aw, Shakespeare. Wherefore art thou, Shakespeare? That would be a wonderful miracle to have him show up again!

Hey, maybe the surprise return is Sean Astin! I miss him too. Stockard's not bad, but Sean was just perfect as the voice of Meerkat Manor!

Here's a link for someone who visited the Meerkat Manor site in the Kalahari. I thought you'd like the pictures.

MobileMe Gallery

Enjoy!

The AP message boards are running rampant with rumors there won't be a Season 5 because of poor ratings. Well duh! Firing Sean Astin was the dumbest thing AP has done in years.
    ~~~~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I have to admit that I used to be an avid watcher, and I have stopped...but I'm not sure why. If they have a marathon of this seasons shows, I will watch it. They are fascinating creatures.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I keep missing this year's shows ever since AP started showing them at 8:30 instead of 9:00. I really wish they'd go back to the old format of repeating the previous week's show at 8:30 and then run the new one at 9.

I have managed to catch some of this year's episodes, though, and although I've really tried, I'm just not enjoying them as much because the narration is so blah.

I miss Sean Astin!

ADDED: Was just reading some of the blogs over on the AP site and it sounds like AP showed the final 3 episodes of MM this past Friday night...if that's true, then I missed them all.

And sadly, there have been so many deaths this year - some shown, others after filming ended - that it wouldn't surprise me at all if this had been MM's last season.
    Last edited by freethinker; 08-25-2008 at 01:07 PM.
    Love lives forever <3

I got on here because our DVR description said the last of the 3 episodes was the "series finale." I was hoping it was a poor choice of words, and they really meant "season finale." Boo. I've been watching every week. I'll miss those guys if it's really the end.

+ Reply to Thread