+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

As expected, the new season is just not the same without Sean Astin's narration. I have always liked Stockard Channing as an actress, but her narration did not have the same heart. It was Sean who made us really care about and understand these animals. We lived their journey through his eyes and heart and voice.

So, we have yet another idiotic decision made by the MBA's who are destroying the entertaining industry. Leave the creative decisions to the creative people please.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

It was bad enough to not hear Sean Astin's voice last night, but now things have been made even worse with the announcement that one of the meerkat's was hit by a car and killed after production of this season's shows ended. I wish I hadn't seen that article. Even though it won't be part of the shows, just knowing we've lost another one is heartbreaking.

I'll put the name of the meerkat who was killed here as a spoiler for those who haven't heard and want to know now, but please don't look if you want to be able to enjoy this season as much as possible without Sean Astin's wonderful narration.

Click to see Spoiler:
    Rocket Dog is the meerkat who was killed by a car going through the desert. Apparently it was a "hit and run" type accident, which makes it even sadder.
    Last edited by freethinker; 06-07-2008 at 05:25 PM.
    Love lives forever <3

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Some of us just don't like change at all, do we? I understand.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;3043232;
    Mozart's death was very hard to watch, and I watched it in the reruns yesterday too. And wept. I know she broke the rules and everything, but she had such a hard life. She was on the verge of turning it around and maybe could have joined Wilson's family but she ended up dying alone. And that was just so sad
    OK, reading this a "Martian" would have no idea that you are talking about meerkats! I am really tempted to start watching this show, but am afraid of getting hooked like you all!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3043714;
    Some of us just don't like change at all, do we? I understand.
    Sometimes change can be a very good thing. The change from Sean Astin to Stockard Channing isn't one of those times though.
    Love lives forever <3

freethinker: your spoiler was so sad. Survival is hard enough for these tiny animals without that kind of hazard.

pws: fair warning, you will indeed get hooked if you watch from the start of season 1. I am not particularly an animal lover -- I like animals, but I'm not fanatic about them. I had seen Meerkat Manor in the tv listings but had never watched until I started reading the comments here. I started watching, then rented the DVD's for the entire three seasons.

proshay: I've always embraced change -- I tend to get rather bored when things remain stagnant, but this particular change is not a good one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Change is what it is. For some reason, I've never been particularly bothered by it. Probably the way I was raised. I guess I adjust easily.

It is what it is. My thinking is that we need to deal with it and move on. Hanging back is doing nothing but distracting from our pleasure with the show. The reality of nature is what it is.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Did anyone watch the first episode? I fell asleep and missed it entirely. A recap would be greatly appreciated. I can't seem to find the reruns, too, but I'll still look for one.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I adored this show in the first season and i have to agree regarding Sean no longer telling it just seems so different
    I do still love watching it I can not wait to see how these families make out.

That spoler breaks my heart. Thank you for sharing it.

I don't know if this is right or not, but my TV schedule for tonight is showing the newest episode coming on at 8:30 instead of 9:00 with no repeat of last week's show like usual.

I hope it's wrong because I missed the last 10 minutes last week and was hoping to catch up.
    Love lives forever <3

+ Reply to Thread