+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

I'm excited about the new season. However, I'm not looking forward to Whoopi's narration. Why didn't they use Sean Astin or, at least, his mom Patty Duke?

Have you heard the narrator on Lemur Kingdom? He's terrific!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Glad that my babies are on the way back!!! The lemurs really helped me during my wait. The chimps are helping, too!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I am excited about the new season. But for me, it won't be the same without Mozart.

I'm afraid it won't be the same without Sean Astin, too. It seems that they've replaced him with Stockard Channing as the narrator for Season 4. While I like Stockard Channing and think she's a talented actress, I will always associate this show with the outstanding job done by Sean Astin. Trust the networks to fix what isn't broken.

In any case, tonight is the movie prequel about Flower's rise with Whoope Goldberg narrating. This will be followed by a "making of" show, and Season 4 will start in a week or so.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

What, no Sean Astin? Are they nuts? Sean Astin was interviewed on a radio show and he said AP decided to have a woman be a forceful voice for the new female leaders of the Whiskers and its splinter group. What a bunch of bull.

I'm not liking Whoopi today. The movie is on now and I'm trying to watch but it's like fingernails on a chalkboard. I remember she came out in support of Michael Vick. She said dog was fighting a cultural occurence. (or words to that effect)

AP is run by idyits, it appears.

If anyone has seen the entire movie, would you kindly give a recap here?
    Last edited by roses4me; 05-25-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: added stuff
    ~~~~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I find Whoopi's voice soothing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3023317;
    I find Whoopi's voice soothing.
    I love Whoopi in movies, but since she supported Michael Vick, I'm not crazy about her. I'll get over it, lol, but for now I'm steamed about that and AP replacing Sean Astin.
    ~~~~

I generally like Whoopie, but as I watched the Meerkat movie, I felt it had lost a lot of its heart. Whoopie's voice was pleasant, but it just didn't resonate the same for me. I anticipate the same will be true of Stockard Channing, who has always been an actress I've liked. Sean's voice and expression can't be replaced IMO and I think the network or procuders or whover made this decision needs an intelligence injection.

Nevertheless, I did love watching Flower from birth to leadership.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

I don't know how you all can watch this show. I watched the two episodes where Kinkachu and Mozart died, and I bawled like a baby. Hell! I'm still not over it. No way I'll ever watch this again.

Why on Earth would they replace Sean Austin?

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;3043085;
    I don't know how you all can watch this show. I watched the two episodes where Kinkachu and Mozart died, and I bawled like a baby. Hell! I'm still not over it. No way I'll ever watch this again. Why on Earth would they replace Sean Austin?
    Mozart's death was very hard to watch, and I watched it in the reruns yesterday too. And wept. I know she broke the rules and everything, but she had such a hard life. She was on the verge of turning it around and maybe could have joined Wilson's family but she ended up dying alone. And that was just so sad

+ Reply to Thread