+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2704779;
    btw, I ordered 2 pair of earrings from Lorena Designs. I special ordered them in posts without the dangly balls at the bottom (looks like poop!)
    lol, I hadn't noticed until you mentioned it, roses, but you're right... the dangling things do look a bit, um... biologically functional.

Looking at them again, I think they'll look great without that part on the bottom. I'm glad they worked with you, perhaps you've helped them with their next creation!
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Thanks, Nemeses, but the poop idea came from another poster here. I wish I could take credit for that - er - maybe I don't. lmao

Long live Zaphod!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PK...;2592146;
    That is so sad - I read the news article this morning...

I attempted respond at that time, but I was too choked up... (And I will have to make this fast, or I will crumble again...)

I started watching this season, but found it just too heartbreaking to bear early on, and took it off my DVR... That is simply too much reality for me... I don't need to look for things that make me cry... <sniff>
    Same here. I like the show and used to watch it every once in a while, but then stopped watching it - it's just too depressing!

I just received Season 2 on DVD and the first disc shows a brief trailer for the full length movie that is is production. I've seen it called both, "Meerkat Manor: Queen of the Kalahari" and "Flower: Queen of the Kalahari."

It did not give any release date, but just said the usual, "Coming soon to theaters."
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yikes! I got the earrings in the mail yesterday. The art work is nice. That's about all I can say that's positive.

I believe the movie'd debut is set for the summer. It sounds like a good movie for children, at least I hope it will be. Hopefully, it won't spur a mad rush to adopt meerkats as pets. I've read they're horrible pets as they pee all the time, wreck the house, and have a really nasty odor. :nono
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2720305;
    . . .I've read they're horrible pets as they pee all the time . . .
    Yeah -- it seems like in every scene, at least one of the meerkats is "scent marking"!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

They're just being meerkats!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2721367;
    They're just being meerkats!
    Apparently we are lucky TV is not yet "smellovision"! Or maybe out in the desert things dry out so fast the smell doesn't last....

The Meerkats Return! The meerkat movie, "Meerkat Manor: The Story Begins," celebrating the life of Flower, and narrated by Whoopi Goldberg, will premier on Animal Planet on May 25. On May 30, there will be a "behind the scenes/making of" show, and Season 4 is set to premier on June 6.

I'm looking forward to seeing the meetkats again.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Me too! I miss Shakespeare.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

+ Reply to Thread