+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

I won't post the entire episode until the later show is over. However, Zaphod gets back to the Whiskers safely. Wilson, a roving male from the Commandos, is picking up where Carlos left off. What a Romeo.

This wasn't the season finale. I believe next week or two will be. <sniff sniff>
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I cried harder last night than I did when Flower died. Mozart had such a hard life. And she almost got another chance. Just broke my heart. Nature is just so cruel.

I hope it's OK for me to post this without spoiler tags. It has aired, even on the west coast now

Mozart was my favorite

Mozart was a loyal sister to Shakespeare, but not to Daisy. I did like how she stayed by Carlos' side, too, when he was dying. No animal deserves to die alone. That was very sad. It was sweet of Wilson to go look for her.

I like Sean Astin's narration, but I can't help but think of his loopy dad, John Astin. He is a hoot.
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytop Chick;2632459;
    I cried harder last night than I did when Flower died. Mozart had such a hard life. And she almost got another chance. Just broke my heart. Nature is just so cruel.
    I don't know how the production people can work on this show. I know the whole point is to show both life and death, and everything in between, as it happens, but it's got to be so hard to just sit back and watch without interfering in some way.

I know I couldn't do it - especially this season, which has got to be the saddest ever.
    Love lives forever <3

It's getting close to the season finale. I'm watching the rerun of last week's episode where Mozart dies. (sigh)

Updates to come....
    ~~~~

Well, it was a stunner. Maybelline led a revolt and took half of the Whiskers for her own. She started a fight with the Lazuli and succeded big time. Rocket Dog's group is a bit smaller. The narrator, Sean Astin, said it looks like this split is for good (at least that's what I think he said, or hinted).

I'm trying to find a pair of Meerkat earrings for a Christmas present, but to no avail. I've seen a lot of tee shirts and mugs, etc, but no earrings. If anyone sees anything like that, please send me a note. Cafe Press has stuff, but no earrings.

See you all next season. It should start around August. There's a web site about the Kalahari Meerkat Project and it's going to be posting a family tree soon. I don't have the link, but put those words in search and you should find it. It also has updates on all the meerkats.

There were quite a few put to sleep because of TB. The researchers are trying stop it before it becomes an epidemic.
    ~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by roses4me;2644817;
    I'm trying to find a pair of Meerkat earrings for a Christmas present, but to no avail. I've seen a lot of tee shirts and mugs, etc, but no earrings. If anyone sees anything like that, please send me a note. Cafe Press has stuff, but no earrings.
    Here are some meerkat earrings, roses:

Dee Jewelry - meerkat earrings, necklaces, etc

Lorena Designs

Oh, and although I didn't see earrings specifically at this site, you've got to take a look at the meerkat items they have there... there's an adorable plushy meerkat there, among other meerkat items.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Thanks for the pictures. The bottom pair is probably what I'll order. Since my sister is too old for stuffed animals, I better stick to the jewelry. Meerkats are just too cute for words.
    ~~~~

Mozart's death probably hit me the hardest. She had such a hard life and deserved so much more from life. She stayed by Carlos' side as he died, and stayed with Kinkajou in her final days, even though Kinkajou defeated her as Alpha Female and killed her pups. The lone bright spot was for her to get some love from Wilson. It's comforting to know that in her final days she had some joy. But it's so sad to know that she died alone.

This season has been so sad!

I guess Rocket Dog should have exiled Maybelline after all. By not doing so she splintered the Whisker's group.

I miss the old times on the Manor!

I wonder why there was no mention of Mitch in the last episodes of the season. I wonder which group he ended up with. Of the meerkats left, he's my favorite.

Here's a link to the group that is monitoring and studying the meerkats:

Current groups

This is the page that shows the current groups. You'll notice that Zaphod is the dominant male for the Whiskers' splinter group that Maybelline started. The site said most of the males went back to Rocket Dog's group. It looks like Maybelline isn't around anymore. At least Zaphod has a sweetie now, unless Monkulus is a daughter. There are too many offspring to keep in my memory bank!

btw, I ordered 2 pair of earrings from Lorena Designs. I special ordered them in posts without the dangly balls at the bottom (looks like poop!) She put in an additional link at the top so they'd move freely. They should be arriving in about 7-12 days. I'll let anyone know how they look if you want to IM me here.

I'm already for the new season!
    ~~~~

+ Reply to Thread