+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

Quote Originally Posted by psycobabe007;2619255;
    I have to say that this is one of Animal Planet's (and possibly of the entire Discovery package's) best creations EVER! The way we are looking on upon these creatures as if it were an episode of "Desperate Housewives" is incredible! It also helps that meerkats are soooooooooooo adorable!!
    Yeah, AP has a lot of great shows, but this is one of their better ones. I don't think I could relate to the Desperate Housewives analogy, though, since I hate that show... but it does go to prove yet again that real life is always more interesting than fiction... even among the animals.

I was reading that they're planning to make a Meerkat Manor movie also, so if they do, I hope it turns out well.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2619292;
    Yeah, AP has a lot of great shows, but this is one of their better ones. I don't think I could relate to the Desperate Housewives analogy, though, since I hate that show... but it does go to prove yet again that real life is always more interesting than fiction... even among the animals.

I was reading that they're planning to make a Meerkat Manor movie also, so if they do, I hope it turns out well.
    I was more going for the soap opera-ish comparison. Part of what makes Meerkat Manor so different is the narration.

A heads-up (or a warning, depending on how you feel about the episode) for those who have not seen the episode where Flower dies. At least in the Animal Planet feed in my area, they're re-airing the final episodes leading up to that right now. The actual episode where Flower dies airs in about an hour here. So if you wanted to see it because you may have missed it the first time, you might check your AP listings and see if it's showing where you are now, too.

Not looking forward to seeing it again, but I will watch.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I cried and cried after Flower's death! I love this show so much. This is definitely one of the best shows on TV. It certainly deserves an Emmy.

I wonder if the "surprise return" is Yousarrian. We haven't heard from him all season.

I hope Mozart finds a home.

Only 2 more episodes to go. <sigh>
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

Premium Member

They had a marathon here so I'm getting to see the shows I missed. I loved how they aired it as a tribute to Flower and called it "Flower Power". This is not a show that I can watch while I'm doing other things, I am glued to the TV through the whole show. The dynamics of "meerkat society" is so fascinating.

I just watched the latest episode I recorded on Friday. I'm getting really bummed at all of the deaths this season. Poor Kinkajou! I feel so sorry for Mozart on her own again, especially since the Whiskers won't let her back in the group. I really miss the good old days when things were happier on the Manor. I know this is how nature works, but it doesn't take away the pain of it.

Sneak previews said Mozart may find a mate, but their previews have been wrong before.

I was thinking that Mozart could tiptoe in the burrow late when everyone else is inside. She could roll around in the scent and not be considered an enemy, although I still can't get past her booting Daisy out of the mob in front of Flower. Of course, that led to Mozart's eventual permanent ouster.

It's a great show, that's for sure!
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I sure hope tonight's episode has some good news for Mozart! That poor little meerkat deserves some good news for all of the bad things that have happened to her.

Sadly, I never even thought to check this board for fellow Meercat Manor fans. I am so happy that there are more who love this show as much as I. When Flower died, I cried as though I had lost my own kitty.
    I will have to dvr tonight's show. Is it the season finale?

+ Reply to Thread