+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Meerkat Manor

Re: Meerkat Manor

I had never watched this show, but based on reviews I have read and knowing that Sean Astin is narrating, I decided to try it this weekend.

Now, I am so dismayed that I haven't watched from the beginning. What a heartwarming, educational, and entertaining show this is. It's going into my movie rental queue.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Love me some Meerkat Manor!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Has anyone seen the new commercial about Zaphod? (Flower's "widower")
    It is in song to the tune of "Shaft" and it's hilarious. It goes on about his being a roving male who's hot to trot, so to speak. Too funny.
    ~~~~

I can't think when I have to think. ~~moi~~

I couldn't help thinking that the episode with Zaphod and Lola finding each other should have been titled 'Meerkat Interrupted'.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

I like this show too.
    I think there might have been a previous thread somewhere, perhaps in the other reality shows section. I remember people griping because in the one season finale was the Shakespeare fight. The teasers for the next season premiere said there would be clues to the fate of Shakespeare, but they really glossed over it.
    I've missed some episodes here and there, and it seems that now the rival groups have changed. There used to be 2 main rival groups, but now the rival group is a different one. Can anyone explain how this happened?

Quote Originally Posted by radar;2616071;
    . . . I remember people griping because in the one season finale was the Shakespeare fight. The teasers for the next season premiere said there would be clues to the fate of Shakespeare, but they really glossed over it. . .
    Yeah -- one day Shakespeare was there, and then all of a sudden, *poof!* he's out of the credits and nowhere to be found. Not even a good death scene, memorial, or even a mention as to what happened to him. Did he die, or did he just ask for too much money and not get his contract renewed?

Shakespeare was my favorite. I have a little stuffed toy meerkat from the San Diego Zoo, and guess what its name is. Yup -- Shakespeare! (Yeah, I should be locked up . . .)
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

When I started this thread, I asked a mod if there was one already. I was told "no" so that's why this is here now.

I wasn't happy about Shakespeare's ending, either. What a bummer that was. One thing about AP is that they promise things in commercials that aren't delivered.

Mitch is so much like his adorable and dependable uncle.

I believe there are only 2 more episodes. The next season starts late next summer. Aggghhhh, the wait is unbearable.
    ~~~~

I have never watched this show, not because I haven't wanted to, but because I am such a cry baby when it comes to animals. My Dad is a big fan of this show so I know the names and personalities of the animals. I was very sad when I read about Flower passing away in my people magazine.
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

If anyone has the link for the People article, I'd love to have it. I put "People magazine flower meerkat" at every possible combo in the search and came up with zip. People's own search didn't help, either. From what I've read here and there on the net, it was a touching tribute.
    ~~~~

Flower passing was very sad for me. Even if she was a b***h sometimes she was still a very good mom and a very good protector of the pack.

I have to say that this is one of Animal Planet's (and possibly of the entire Discovery package's) best creations EVER! The way we are looking on upon these creatures as if it were an episode of "Desperate Housewives" is incredible! It also helps that meerkats are soooooooooooo adorable!!

+ Reply to Thread