+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Big Shots on ABC

Big Shots on ABC

I didn't see a thread for this show... from abc.com:

The lines between boardroom and bedroom blur in Big Shots, the story of four friends who are at the top of their game... until the women in their lives enter the room. These competitive but dysfunctional New York CEOs take refuge in their friendship, discussing business, confiding secrets, seeking advice and supporting one another through life's twists and turns.

James Walker (Michael Vartan, Alias) is the group's moral center, but his professional life almost crumbles in an instant, thanks to a corporate shakeup at AmeriMart Industries. However, his work woes pale in comparison to what he later learns about his wife.

Brody Johns (Christopher Titus, Titus) is Senior Vice President of Alpha Crisis Management. Despite his professional success, his wife will be judging him by how magnificently he can put together her birthday party.

Karl Mixworthy (Joshua Malina, The West Wing) is the sweet yet always nervous CEO of a large pharmaceutical company. He has a loving wife  and a cunning mistress who is beginning to monopolize whatever free time he can muster.

And Duncan Collinsworth (Dylan McDermott, The Practice) is the sexy, divorced CEO of Reveal Cosmetics. Having built his company into the industry leader, he now finds his personal life threatened by rumor of a personal indiscretion -- which is actually a fact -- that could turn his world upside down.

The concept for Big Shots sprang from creator Jon Harmon Feldman's desire to explore, in comedic and dramatic terms, what it means to be a man in 2007.

Also starring in Big Shots are Paige Turco (Rescue Me) as Lisbeth, Duncan's ex-wife; Peyton List (Day Break) as Cameron Collinsworth, Duncan's 19-year-old daughter; Jessica Collins (Tru Calling) as Marla, Karl's high-strung mistress; Amy Sloan (The Heartbreak Kid) as Wendy, Karl's wife, who hopes that therapy can restore his desire for her; and with Nia Long (Premonition) as Katie Graham, James' "work wife."

Created and executive-produced by Jon Harmon Feldman (Reunion, Tru Calling, American Dreams, Dawson's Creek), Big Shots is from Warner Bros. Television. The pilot was directed by Charles McDougall (Desperate Housewives, Sex and the City). Co-executive producers are Michael Katleman (Primeval, Tru Calling), Emily Whitesell (American Dreams, Once and Again), Danielle Stokdyk (Veronica Mars) and Jennifer Gwartz (Veronica Mars).

Anyone catch this show??

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Big Shots on ABC

I'm actually watching it right now on DVR. I came into FORT to see if there was a thread started yet. Thanks for starting one! I'll post comments after I finish watching it

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I caught it. I'll give it another try, but it's one of those shows where I walked away from it completely unsure as to whether I liked it or not.

Part of it dealt with the fact that Dylan McDermott plays an absolute cad. I don't want my lead character to be someone that I don't like and it just bothered me. Plus it just isn't the DM that I know and love... but that's my problem and I need to get over it. He does show an inkling of a heart at the end, however, with his reaction to his daughter getting in the car and driving away. Enough to have me hoping for a little more next week.

Michael Vartan is Michael Vartan....... gorgeous, sensitive, gorgeous, sensitive.... gorgeous...

The situation with the character of Karl was hilarious. The actor who plays him is perfect with his hyper desperation. Loved how the bizarre mistress wanted to have marriage counseling because that's what he was doing with his wife... and then Karl took her to the very same counselor! YIKES.

Christopher Titus... is adorable in this role. He's turning into a yummy bit of eye candy as well.

The show is a bit quirky and if they fix Duncan's character I just might enjoy this. I'd be interested to know what others thought.

broadway, I agree. I found myself switching to ER and then suddeny thinking, "oh crap, I'm supposed to be giving this show a shot." I LOVE Vartan and Titus but never really paid attention to the other 2.

From what I did watch, I'm enjoying it... kinda like Sex In The City but the characters are guys. I got confused a little bit though, somehow I thought the reporter was also the daughter and and when Dylan's character says "you can call me dad" I was kinda creeped out remembering how he and the reporter was flirting at the beginning. I will still watch it to give it a fair shot.

I wasn't a fan. I only caught about the last 30 minutes, but from that nothing really caught my attention. It seemed like it was trying too hard to be something. I don't know if I'll keep watching, but may give it another chance.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Really liked it. Almost every character is played by someone I know from elsewhere...

James - Michael Vartan - Alias
    Duncan - Dylan McDermott - The Practice
    Brody - Chris Titus - Titus
    Karl - Josh Malina - West Wing
    Katie - Nia Long - Third Watch (and LOTSA movies)
    Stacey - Wendy Moniz - Guiding Light (years ago!)
    Lisbeth - Paige Turco - All My Children (years ago!)
    Cameron - Peyton List - Windfall and As the World Turns

I thought the show was funny to the point of campy sometimes and also engaging (James almost being ousted then becoming CEO of AmeriMart but only after finding out his wife had been sleeping with his boss... Duncan pining for his ex, Lisbeth... Karl and his wife and mistress who has become his wife's best friend... Brody and, well, just how he is!). I liked it for sure. And I'll definitely keep the DVR timer set

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I missed the first 15 minutes but overall enjoyed what I saw. I was pleasantly surprised to see all the ex soap stars, Paige, Wendy and Peyton. I kept looking at Wendy Moniz and then it finally hit me, "Hey, that's Dinah!"

Heh... funny how you guys mention Wendy Moniz as Dinah..... but that's how I know Paige Turco. She played Dinah before Wendy Moniz.

The only reason I tuned into this show was for Christopher Titus, as my husband and I were big fans of Titus when it was on the air. It's not the kind of show I would normally watch, but I plan to tune in for the duration of the season.

I have never liked Dylan McDermott - I thought he was a self-righteous, smug bastard on The Practice (sorry Broadway ) but I like him as a comical cad. It almost goes without saying that my favourite character is Brody - he had some great lines ("You guys looking for a good time?" "I'm married, the good times are over." ) and I thought that never quite showing the demanding, spoiled wife's face or hearing her speak was a clever bit on the writers' part. The other two actors I've never seen before, but I enjoyed them both, particularly Karl.

I wasn't bored a bit. This is the first comedy/light drama show since Ally McBeal that's interested me.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2590813;
    Heh... funny how you guys mention Wendy Moniz as Dinah..... but that's how I know Paige Turco. She played Dinah before Wendy Moniz.

Wow! you're right abpout paige playing Dinah too, I forgot all about that!

I enjoyed the show, Lovde Dylan, and the funny married guy, and Michael Vartan, maybe he will hook up with Nia Long's character who played Kat on the Guiding Light .

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast