+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Big Shots on ABC

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Big Shots on ABC

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2750315;
    I liked Christopher Titus and Charisma Carpenter...I had read a spoiler that she was going to be playing his wife, so I knew that the "affair" was a little role playing to spice up their marriage...
    I'm glad I didn't see that spoiler. Although I knew something was awry (I thought maybe Janelle had hired someone to see if Brody would cheat on her) it was a pleasant device to introduce her to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2750315;
    Paige Turco (Elizabeth) looked horrible in her wedding gown. Why did they squash her boobs in that dress like that? It just looked so ill fitting and uncomfortable! She's so pretty--I wish they had gotten her a better fitting dress.
    Don't ever say anything bad about my Paige!!! I've loved her since long ago when she stared in All My Children. I'm so glad to see her back. Too bad this show isn't long-lived.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle David;2764796;
    Don't ever say anything bad about my Paige!!! I've loved her since long ago when she stared in All My Children. I'm so glad to see her back. Too bad this show isn't long-lived.
    Point taken!!!! Don't get me wrong--she's drop dead gorgeous. I just think they should've gotten her a gown that played up her beauty. It wasn't her--the wardrobe people got her a gown that (to me) looked ill fitting. I really think the casting people did a good job. The actress who plays her daughter looks exactly like a combo of Paige and Dylan...lucky girl!

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2764803;
    Point taken!!!! Don't get me wrong--she's drop dead gorgeous. I just think they should've gotten her a gown that played up her beauty. It wasn't her--the wardrobe people got her a gown that (to me) looked ill fitting. I really think the casting people did a good job. The actress who plays her daughter looks exactly like a combo of Paige and Dylan...lucky girl!
    I was just kidding. I knew what you were referring to.

You're right about the daughter. She's beautiful, but what makes me pause every time she appears on screen are her eyes. Those piercing blue eyes get me every time. Her and the gal who plays Gretchen on 'Prison Break'. I could live in those eyes.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I wonder if we have seen the last of this show with last nights episode? Lot's of good story lines are going to go unanswered.

I missed the last episode. Can anyone clue me in on what I missed?

Duncan: attended Terrence's funeral with the boys and was dissed by Lisbeth, then realized that he'd slept with Terrence's sister once. Lisbeth gets Terrence's shares of Reveal, but ends up selling them to her sister-in-law, who vows to ruin Duncan.
    Brody: rents apartment full of guy toys (wide-screen TVs, video games, massage recliners, foosball table, Matrix poster ) so he can do "Brody-stuff" without Janelle interfering. Janelle discovers his hideaway, and has Brody give everything up - she pays off the movers to ensure Brody doesn't get his stuff back, but Brody's wise to her and HE pays off the movers to keep his toys safe.
    Karl: Marla spills the beans to Wendy about their affair and that she's pregnant with Karl's child. Wendy throws Karl and Marla out, but forgives Marla. Karl tries to woo Wendy back, and finally succeeds when he reads a copy of their wedding vows to her and Wendy reveals that she's pregnant as well.
    James: pines after Katie, and attacks a guy who makes some rude comments about her. Lots of gazing at each other but not much else. They decide to work on separate projects at work.

I wasn't pleased with the addition of Charisma Carpenter. Nothing against her, but I preferred that Janelle stay "hidden". I think that adding Janelle takes away from Brody's character. Not that it matters much, I guess they'll air the final two epis and that will be it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Thanks a lot AJane! So did Duncans "son" get caught as the killer?

Yup. He sent Duncan a news clipping of the murder with "Are you proud of me now Dad?" written across it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

ack! My Tivo didn't pick this up! Thanks for the recap. I'm sorry this show will end. I enjoy it and I thought it was getting better.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2770862;
    Thanks a lot AJane! So did Duncans "son" get caught as the killer?
    He's the suspect, but he hasn't been caught yet.

+ Reply to Thread