+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Big Shots on ABC

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar

Re: Big Shots on ABC

They had to have written this character with Dylan McDermott in mind.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I've read that this show is most likely getting cancelled. That it will not be asked back after the strike is over. I don't know how well this show was doing with the audiences, but I do know it was losing over 1/2 - 3/4 of its lead in audience. Yikes.

Well, if this season is it for it, I enjoyed what I've seen.

I was happy when Michael Vartan and Nia long finally kissed (YAY ). Was also very shocked over the ex-wive's new fiance spilling the beans over the tranny.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Really?? I missed it. Haven't seen this show in a few weeks. Keep forgetting about it.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Aw that's too bad that it might get canceled. I really liked it but purposely didn't get too vested in it (for the above reason.. new shows get dumped so easily these days).

I've noticed that it's been taken off the CTV website. (A Canadian Tv site). I was watching a few of the episodes online, but went to look out of some boredom and they're gone, but they are the only episodes gone.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I'm so sick of the Dylan McDermott and ex-wife storyline. You just know that if they got remarried, he'd cheat on her and screw it up again.

I always liked Michael Vartan and thought he was a good actor. But he just isn't believable to me on this show anymore...but I do still enjoy looking at him...

I hate that Christopher Titus wrote a letter of recommendation for that bully. The nebbish guy told him how the bully had terrorized him all through high school. That's all I'd need to hear to NOT recommend that guy... I did enjoy watching him knock the bully out with a roundhouse kick though.

Anyhow, this show is silly. I hear that it's getting a longer chance than it normally would due to the writers strike and lack of new episodes of shows that are doing well for ABC...otherwise, surely it would've been canceled by now...

I'm still liking it. I'm all about mindless fun combined with hot men. Actually, my husband really enjoys it as well (the show, not the hot men ). Both of us would probably watch anything Titus is in.

To me, this show is a lot like Desperate Housewives, but while I have no use for DH, I love Big Shots. It's a bit silly, yes, but DH is a huge success while this show is suffering. I don't quite understand it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I thought this show had been cancelled because it seemed like it wasn't on for a couple of weeks, but I think I started thinking it was on a different night, so I ended up missing a lot.

Who is James' wife pregnant by? Not his boss that she had the affair with, right?

I agree with Lois Lane, and am also so sick of the Dylan McDermott and ex-wife story line. They obviously got divorced for a reason, so why would they think it could work again. Although, my aunt and uncle were married and then divorced, and remarried 25 years later, and neither had remarried in that 25 years they were divorced.

Anyway...I'll hate to see this show go, and I'm actually surprised ABC hasn't pulled it yet.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

James' wife is pregnant by her boyfriend--the neighbor who tried to pick up the kids from school (and James saw it and was furious).

I had read that this show is still on 'cause of the writers' strike. It has horrible ratings, but since ABC has new episodes of it, it will run them during the strike. If it hadn't been for the strike, it most likely would've been canceled after just those few episodes...

+ Reply to Thread