+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Big Shots on ABC

Re: Big Shots on ABC

Accidentally posted this in the wrong thread...

Y-TV is predicting that this show won't be around much longer.

Big Shots is another show with a great cast, a great time slot and sorry ratings. In the much-coveted post- Grey's Anatomy spot, the show thatís been compared to a male Sex and the City has hemorrhaged more than half its lead-in audience. Sounds fatal to us.

I really liked this weeks episode, each week the characters are getting more developed.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

I'm really enjoying this show, along with the rest of you. I started watching from the pilot episode, and mostly because of Michael Vartan and Dylan McDermott.

It will really be too bad if ABC yanks it before giving it a chance, but then...isn't ABC famous for canceling shows before giving them a chance to get off the ground.

I missed the first episode and maybe the second one. But the guy who had sex with the transvestite, is he gay or did he think he was paying a woman or is he bi or is he just so addicted to sex that he doesn't care who he's with?
    I'm not sure how I feel about his character. I love Titus and Michael Vartan.
    This show is pretty good. I hope they find a good time slot for it.

Quote Originally Posted by CantGetNuf;2612518;
    I missed the first episode and maybe the second one. But the guy who had sex with the transvestite, is he gay or did he think he was paying a woman or is he bi or is he just so addicted to sex that he doesn't care who he's with?
    I'm not sure how I feel about his character. I love Titus and Michael Vartan.
    This show is pretty good. I hope they find a good time slot for it.
    He thought the hooker was a woman.

I really like this show & hope ABC gives it a chance to find it's audience. Well written, funny, & it has some great characters.

They didn't have sex though right? He just got a BJ I thought.

Quote Originally Posted by biggbaddgirl;2613087;
    They didn't have sex though right? He just got a BJ I thought.
    Funny thing is that on the show they refer to it as a knobber. I'm surprised they get away with it, but the censors must be getting a bit more lenient all the time.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jette66;2610909;
    ...isn't ABC famous for canceling shows before giving them a chance to get off the ground.
    Too true. Does anyone remember the show Cupid, starring a then very little known Jeremy Piven back in 1997/1998?

Almost ten years later and I STILL haven't been able to find it in my heart to forgive ABC for cancelling it. :
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Yes, and remember "Six Degrees?" Man I was LIVID when they stopped airing it. I watched all of the episodes and then when I went to watch it online, there were no more new episodes! It's so depressing when that happens!

Anyway, back to Big Shots; I like it, but I feel like it's forced. I see what they're trying to do with the guys and their issues, but I feel like it's too forced into what they're trying to make it. Does that even make sense? I will still tune in though because I'm curious about the plot lines.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

I love this show, although I'd rather it wasn't quite as quirky as it is. I was expecting it to be a little edgier, glossier and have more of a "highroller" type of feel to it. Being a little to quirky is exactly the reason Desprate Housewives got old fast, imo. But we'll see. I certainly love the line up of actors on this show. I'll watch anything with Dylan McDermott in it anyway. I like how Chris Titus' character, Brody, seems to be the more grounded guy out of the four of them.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread