+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Big Shots on ABC

FORT Fanatic

Re: Big Shots on ABC

I really enjoyed this show too. IMO, it's the best new show of the season.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Loved it. Like most of the actors on the show so I'll defintely continue to watch. The fact that it is starring one of the sexiest men on tv - Dylan McDermott - gives it my undivided attention.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Hey.... now I loved this episode!

I love how just when you think Duncan's going to get himself out of the hooker mess... something else happens. To have the cops confiscate the tranny's little black book at the end of the episode was hilarious.

I felt sorry for MV's character.. having decided to go back to his wife for the sake of the children only to discover that her affair wasn't the mistake that she had claimed and that she had seriously considered leaving him for his boss.

And Karl's having to go to counseling with both his wife and mistress??? That girl is insane.. truly insane.

I'm feeling sorry for Michael Varton, period. He's got this sad, heavy storyline to cope with, while all the other guys are having fun. Some of the stuff is silly - Brody & Duncan breaking into the reporter's apartment, and Brody stuck hiding under the bed was one, and Karl & Marla's footrace to get to his wife first was another - but I really think the cast is strong enough to overcome those kind of obvious scenarios.

I read in the paper today that the ratings are not that hot. I'm going to be very disappointed if this show doesn't make it, because I'm really enjoying it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I don't think this series is going to make it past one season (if that). Which is a shame 'cause there's some nice eye candy on this show for us! It had bad "press" prior to its debut and not very many people seem to be watching it. I think they had to get Vartan's character divorced so they could sex up his role a bit instead of keeping him in the suburbs with the wife and kids. I can't stand his wife anyhow, so I'm glad he finally left her. And there's something wrong with a show when the nebbish guy has sex with his mistress all the time, but not Vartan's character!

The woman who plays Dylan McDermott's wife--is that Paige Turco? (Didn't she play Bailey's alcoholic girlfriend on "Party of Five"?) She is gorgeous! The actress they cast to play her daughter looks a lot like her, too.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I think Vartan's character and Nia's character might just get it on.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Much better this week. Sadly I agree with others that I think the show will get cut due to ratings, but hopefully that doesn't happen.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Lois Lane;2600403;
    The woman who plays Dylan McDermott's wife--is that Paige Turco? (Didn't she play Bailey's alcoholic girlfriend on "Party of Five"?) She is gorgeous! The actress they cast to play her daughter looks a lot like her, too.
    Yeppers, that's her! She's also in the movie The Game Plan... she's become busy all of a sudden.. good for her!

I was afraid of that happening, the show getting low numbers and being pulled, which was why I was hesitant to commit to it. But.... dang it.... I really like this show!

I want to see the daughter come into her own and the relationship between her and her father become stronger.

I want to see MV's character hook up with the awesome office co-worker.

I want to see more of the zaniness that is the wife and mistress being friends.

*sighs* maybe if they stop pulling shows off the air minutes after they are first shown they would have more people actually watching the first shows. There are a ton of new shows out right now that I haven't bothered to watch because they do get pulled so fast. I usually wait till the second season to start watching and catch the reruns somewhere and I'm sure I'm not the only one to do that. Only exception is reality shows and ones that have actors I really like on it.

I liked the first episode, but think the show has very quickly descended into Desperate Housewife level stupidity.
    The situations are too ridiculous for my liking.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread