+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sexy Money

Re: Dirty Sexy Money

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2622811;
    I kept thinking the non-Tripp Darling would be Karen just because she and Peter Kraus had had a thing together, and that's perfectly yucky. Of course Brian would make for good drama too because of how much Brian hates him (for no reason).
    Maybe Brian does know and THAT is why he hates Nick. He said himself that he always felt like an outsider. If the affair was really only going on for 40 years, than Patrick is probably too old to be Dutch's kid. If it were Karen than Leticia would have put a stop to her OBVIOUS obsession with Nick. It could be the twins, but my bet is on Brian. That would be far more interesting.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Wow, the way Tripp was getting on the twin last night, it sure did seem like he was the one who was Dutch's son, but at the end....now I don't know. I'd like to see him mature though, and I was actually liking him and Natalie, maybe there's still hope...And Brian is growing on me, he certainly showed a human, vulnerable side last night. He would definately be a good pick as Nick's brother. But the actor playing the twin (total brian blip, can't think of his name for nuthin'!!) actually resembles Peter Krause as Nick, IMO. They look like they could be related. Anyway, another excellent episode, I love this show!!! (But I have to agree with Nick, I just didn't get the whole ants as art thing....)

At the beginning of the episode, I got the impression that both twins weren't Tripp's. Then I thought it was maybe just Jeremy. Then at times, I thought maybe Brian. I just don't know and I kind of wish they'd tell us, so I can focus more on what's going on rather than trying to interpret Tripp's behaviour towards his children.
    I didn't get the ants pictures either other than insects creep me out.

LG.

I think the ant pictures are a symbol of conspicuous consumption, and Nick's instinct is to reject them on that basis. But then he felt like a hypocrite because he's around such incredibly conspicuous consumption all of the time with the Darlings and now has the resources to "consume like an idiot" too that he decided to indulge his wife with the ugly-ass pictures that I want to squash.

His wife has been struggling with "rich lifestyle" issues for a couple weeks now - first with the fancy shoes that she wanted, but couldn't afford, but Karen gave her as a gift, and then she returned them after Karen pointed out that's she'd deflowered Nick . . . but she did still like those stupid shoes. Anyway, I see that as a direction in Nick's family where he is going to have to draw a line or else lose his wife to that "spending money as a hobby" crowd. Who knows.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2635983;
    I think the ant pictures are a symbol of conspicuous consumption, and Nick's instinct is to reject them on that basis. But then he felt like a hypocrite because he's around such incredibly conspicuous consumption all of the time with the Darlings and now has the resources to "consume like an idiot" too that he decided to indulge his wife with the ugly-ass pictures that I want to squash.

His wife has been struggling with "rich lifestyle" issues for a couple weeks now - first with the fancy shoes that she wanted, but couldn't afford, but Karen gave her as a gift, and then she returned them after Karen pointed out that's she'd deflowered Nick . . . but she did still like those stupid shoes. Anyway, I see that as a direction in Nick's family where he is going to have to draw a line or else lose his wife to that "spending money as a hobby" crowd. Who knows.
    Who do I hate worse, Karen or the wife? Hm, I think the wife! I wish they would squash her or somehow get her off the show (I do agree with you; I'd like to squash those awful ant paintings too). Yuck. After Six Feet Under where his two "wives" were such superb actresses, the casting for his wife on this show is definitely a low point. Too bad, as there are so many good actors on the show. Note I didn't say actresses, as Jill Clayburgh chews up the scenery, and the female twin (formerly from The OC) is just too slurry and dippy -- why does she talk like that when her twin speaks normally? At least the actress who plays Karen is one you love to hate, and I really like her tick of saying "really?" à la SNL's Weekly Update segment.

As for the actors, is the oldest brother a Baldwin? Good casting, he has that hint of weakness around the eyes. Brian is great (the "I hate yous" in the pilot were great, as is his interaction with Brian Jr./"Gustav"). The male twin is kind of stealing the show - love his character, what a good actor. Sometimes Donald Sutherland looks so adorable I just want to give him a hug. And I really liked Peter Krause from Six Feet Under, but his character in this show sure has rotten taste in women!

P.S. I did log on here to see if anyone know what the "Italian banker" was, and the "reverse Italian banker," but the consensus seems to be that it was made up.

Also, what denomination is Rev. Brian? At first I thought he was a priest until it said he had a wife and kids.
    Last edited by Harvest; 10-29-2007 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harvest;2636369;
    As for the actors, is the oldest brother a Baldwin? Good casting, he has that hint of weakness around the eyes.
    Yes, that's Billy Baldwin.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Episcopal religion has married priests, so maybe that's the deal.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2636433;
    Episcopal religion has married priests, so maybe that's the deal.
    Yes, that's one of the big differences between them and the Catholics (plus not feeling they need a Pope of course!). Also it makes sense for the family of a future President (they hope) as so many have been Episcopalians...the church of the WASP establishment. Although a surprisingly liberal one in the US (vs. Church of England in England which is their version)... ok on homosexuality and women as priests.

Well, I think it's safe to say that Karen is Tripp's. I can't see her mother offering to help her win Nick back if that was her brother. I totally called Karen's wedding not lasting, but I was surprised that it was so quick. Though I shouldn't have been. Karen's far too in love/lust with Nick.

Brian's ex-mistress was definitely not the same actress as in the first episode. Either way, I really didn't like her! The whole "you'll make sure he's living in a manner he's accustomed to" made me think she's just back for the money.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That boy is not a ping-pong ball! I think he should have told her, "No!". She seems too flighty.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread