+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sexy Money

Re: Dirty Sexy Money

Y-TV is predicting that this show won't be around much longer.

Big Shots is another show with a great cast, a great time slot and sorry ratings. In the much-coveted post- Grey's Anatomy spot, the show thatís been compared to a male Sex and the City has hemorrhaged more than half its lead-in audience. Sounds fatal to us.

Harmony, your quote mentions Big Shots, but not DSM.

I think DSM has a strong enough showing that it'll play out it's 13 episodes even if it doesn't ultimately get the back 9.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree with you about the name...granted it does describe the plotlines, but it doesn't capture the acting, which in many cases (e.g., DS) is really good. But I have to admit, my SO is already on my case about too much TV...to say I"m adding a show called Dirty, Sexy Money is not going to help! I, too, almost didn't watch because of the name.

OOPS I put the quote in the wrong place, sorry about that. It actually listed DSM as having low ratings too but its not one (yet) that they are listing as in danger.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;2609732;
    This show is fun. It reminds me of Aaron Spelling's short-lived Titans. But with good actors. And good writing.
    I loved Titans!!! It was total camp and I thought I was the only one who actually watched it

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Link Here

Samaire Armstrong Enters Outpatient Facility for 'Personal Issues'

FRIDAY OCTOBER 12, 2007 08:00 PM EDT

Dirty Sexy Money star Samaire Armstrong has entered an "outpatient facility" due to "personal issues" but will continue to work on the show, her rep tells PEOPLE.

"Samaire Armstrong decided to enter an outpatient facility to deal with some personal issues in a therapeutic atmosphere and is doing very well," the rep said in a statement Friday. "She continues to work on her show and will be completing her treatment in a matter of weeks.

The nature of the personal issues wasn't revealed.

Armstrong, 26, also appeared on The O.C. and Entourage.
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2610989;
    I loved Titans!!! It was total camp and I thought I was the only one who actually watched it
    And my husband and I thought we were the only ones who watched it! We tuned in to Dirty Sexy Money because we love the title -- what could be campier? The cast and writing are icing -- we tape it and then watch it later when we can enjoy it with popcorn and wine.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

"Italian Banker"

Okay -- here's a question:

While watching Karen's sex tape, a couple of the women said, in reference to what the participants were doing: ooh, they're doing the Italian Banker --or-- that's the Italian Banker! (Or something to that effect.) Is "Italian Banker" a real position (Is it dirty? It seems to be sexy. Does it require much money?), or is it just a term made up for the show? There's a Web site called italianbanker.com without much information, which leads me to think it was just made up for the show.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

They said that's the Italian Banker and then they said that's the Reverse Italian Banker. Also at the very end the banker said that the position was named for his father... least that's what I got out of that exchange.

"It was named for my grandfather, OK?" --Paolo Vova, on the Italian Banker position.
    Far as I can tell it's a made up position for the show, couldn't find anything on it other than others doing searches for the term at various (tv type) sites.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I'm pretty positive that it's made up for the show. In an interview one of the bosses of the show said that there would be a concept that would rival the "Venus butterfly", which was a sexual act on an earlier humorous lawyer show (blanking on the name), and was taught to a sort of nebbishy lawyer by one of his clients as payback....the client was a guy with numerous wives all of whom really wanted to keep him as I recall... because of his um skills. The lawyer used it on his lawyer wife, much to her delight. We never found out what the act was, although it seemed to involve fingers. So for this we have the "Italian banker". And the "reverse Italian banker".

+ Reply to Thread