+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sexy Money

Re: Dirty Sexy Money

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2598309;
    I'm enjoying the sublety of the emotions and loyalties between the the Sutherland husband character and the Clayburgh wife character. She had an affair for 40 years, and still loved her husband. It seems that Tripp knew about the affair, but doesn't want her to know he knows because he knows it would hurt her to know she hurt him. And he had a chance to say something to her about it tonight, and he didn't, he gracefully let her off the hook by not letting her know he knew when she was expecting to hear it. There may be much more to it than this as the show progresses, but it's an oddly sweet love they seem to have for each other.
    I'm with you Nemeses, I really enjoy the connection between Tripp and and his wife (Tish?). But I don't think he knew for sure about the affair until the end when he gave the lawyer (brain fart, can't think of his name) the combination to his father's brief case. Donald Sutherland was great. You could see the pain in his face as he waited to know whether his wife's birthday would pop that lock. And when it did, his eyes closed briefly and there was a slight tremble in his mouth. He didn't want to believe it of his best friend and trusted advisor and his wife, but that was the proof. I think his throw off "of course I knew" was bull. Good stuff! I am really liking this soap. IMO, the best prime time soap to come around in a looooong time. Hope they keep it up and people actually watch. I want this one to stick around for awhile!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd;2598985;
    I'm with you Nemeses, I really enjoy the connection between Tripp and and his wife (Tish?). But I don't think he knew for sure about the affair until the end when he gave the lawyer (brain fart, can't think of his name) the combination to his father's brief case. Donald Sutherland was great. You could see the pain in his face as he waited to know whether his wife's birthday would pop that lock. And when it did, his eyes closed briefly and there was a slight tremble in his mouth. He didn't want to believe it of his best friend and trusted advisor and his wife, but that was the proof. I think his throw off "of course I knew" was bull. Good stuff! I am really liking this soap. IMO, the best prime time soap to come around in a looooong time. Hope they keep it up and people actually watch. I want this one to stick around for awhile!
    Oh I know! It was heartbreaking to watch Tripp and Nick... and when the seven-twelve combination worked (Laeticia's birthday) it was painful for both of them... but to watch Donald Sutherland's face... oh... just so sad. What a terrific actor he is - especially with the subtle nuances. I still remember him from his wild-young days and really enjoy his work now. Last night, I even liked Jeremy.... he didn't wanna hurt Juliet, but he just couldn't help himself.

Overall, I really like this show and am praying ABC keeps it around

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Marlena, I have to admit, I cried when I saw his face! And I know what you mean about last night you liked Jeremy... that's one thing I really like about this show. About the time you think someone is awful, they turn around and do something that mkes you re-think it all. I think the characters are very well fleshed out for a soap. Even the "villians" have to have some humanity and vulneralbility. At the end, when the minister (I'm terrible with names, clearly) finally took his son home, you could tell that what Nick had said hit home. Not that he'll be taking him to the zoo anytime soon, but I think he may come around....eventually.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

Hey guys, I missed it about WHY Juliet hated that girl in the penthouse hotel suite. Why was Jeremy supposed to say away from her? I took it that Juliet and that girl once were friends, but no longer...but I didn't get why.

The actress that plays Juliet (Samaire Armstrong?)--she used to played Ari's secretary on "Entourage," didn't she?

I really really like this show. Craig Wright is a well respected NY playwright, and he has done what others have tried and failed, created a larger than life primetime soap for the 21st century. What makes it work is its sense of humor. The killer cast doesn't hurt either. Love the Krause. So glad he's back. And Donald, well I heard him say that he has never seen anything he has acted in, which is a damn shame, because he has missed out on some great entertainment.
    Stay Gold, JFlo

"Craft Idea: Want to prevent a rerun of the Gulf of Tonkin off the coast of Iran? Just send Britney to the Strait of Hormuz and drop her on the Frigate USS Ingraham." Paparazzi As Unexploited Guardians of Democracy by Cintra Wilson [cintrawilson.com]

Oh, I also forgot to mention..... I really like the show's theme song.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Yeh I agree with everyone that Donald's acting was sublime. He really did a great job on last night episode. But I just don't think the whole storyline last night was really that good. Juliet and her brother's ( the young one, I forgot the name) storyline kinda ruin it for the show.Their times on screen made it look like Gossip girl, which I like btw, but this is more of a grown up drama. I really hate that teenage ***** they put on the show.

I'd say 6 out of 10 for this episode. Hopefully it gets better from now.

LG.

The part that I liked about Juliet's storyline last night was how her twin Jeremy had "called her out" on her alleged "independence" by pointing out that she wasn't actually paying any of the bills for her extremely pampered digs at the luxury hotel where she was off being "independent." Juliet wants to be Paris Hilton, but unlike Paris, Juliet hasn't really made any of her own money. Paris may not have talent, but people have paid her plenty to do reality shows, make appearances at nightclubs, endorse perfumes, etc. Juliet thinks that because the credit card her dad gave her (and her dad pays for) has Juliet Darling stamped on the front it is somehow "hers" and not her dad's. Delusional fun.

Love Peter Krause. Donald Sutherland was great.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2599184;
    The part that I liked about Juliet's storyline last night was how her twin Jeremy had "called her out" on her alleged "independence" by pointing out that she wasn't actually paying any of the bills for her extremely pampered digs at the luxury hotel where she was off being "independent."
    Yeh my point exactly. That was so stupid, you know to have a stupid charactor like that in this kind of drama. Even the rich and spoiled brats on Gossip girl dont pretend that they can live independently without their parents money. They know who's paying the bills. The show'd be better off changing her storyline. But may be thats too late, cos they probably have fimed up to episode 13 or something by now. Ah well, we'll see how the story unfolds.

LG.

who else thinks Juliet will have an absolute meltdown (with Jeremy bearing the brunt of it) when she sees the "family pictures" with her clone taking her place and nobody missing her at all. How could they possibly do it without ME ME ME?
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread