+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sexy Money

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: Dirty Sexy Money

really enjoyed this show. Looking forward to more. I did not like Juliet at all... and the other sister who has a thing for Nick, well, she bugged me quite a bit... and Jeremy leaves a lot to be desired. Loved Nick, the Atty General and Donald Sutherland's characters the best Again, looking forward to more.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I, too, was surprised that I liked it. I was just eh about it but there was nothing else on so I watched. I'll keep watching. I like when a new show starts and is pretty good then right at the end they throw in an extra "OOOH!" moment to keep me watching to find out about something totally new. (Desperate Housewives did that in it's pilot with the last second revelation that Mary Alice had sent that letter...)

Sadly, though, I will NOT let myself get too excited about this show. It's in the cursed Wednesday, 9pm slot. And we all know what's happened to every show (with the exception of Lost) in the past few years that has been stuck in that slot. It'll be cancelled after a season or half a season and we'll never see it again. Likely with no closure. I hope I'm just generalizing too much. Probably extremee bitterness over Invasion, The Nine and Traveler. I do hope I'm wrong about this one, though...

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2589936;

Sadly, though, I will NOT let myself get too excited about this show. It's in the cursed Wednesday, 9pm slot. And we all know what's happened to every show (with the exception of Lost) in the past few years that has been stuck in that slot. It'll be cancelled after a season or half a season and we'll never see it again. Likely with no closure. I hope I'm just generalizing too much. Probably extremee bitterness over Invasion, The Nine and Traveler. I do hope I'm wrong about this one, though...
    That is exactly why I'm so weary of enjoying any of these new shows.Like you, I kind of get the feeling that it will be cancelled. Which will bum me out cause so far I really enjoyed it.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by talula;2589936;
    OMG you are right - I totally forgot that Wed night dramas usually get the curse of death. But wasn't DSM on at 10pm? Maybe that'll be its' savior? LOL If anything I hope this show survives because the pilot was good enough to get many of us excited. As an aside, ABC did finish up The Nine on the abc website... so at least I was able to see how it all ended/happened.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I effing love this show. I think it's probably one of the best new shows this fall. ABC really needs a show like this now. I'm getting sick of those Wisteria Lane houswewives and Mode EIC's assistant with braces.

By the way, is Lipstick jungle also on ABC ? If so, then we might have too many shows set in NY on ABC when Lucy Liu's Cashmere marfia starts. And one of them might get canned. Hopefully this one stays.

I liked it but I'm scared to like it too much. Lately shows are only given two episodes to make HUGE numbers or they are yanked. I'm getting tired of finding a show I like only to find out that it's been taken off the air already.

do_od... I'm with you! I am not a fan of Desperate Housewives and I like that this show has a lot more bite and wit to it plus the actors are really great.

I'm looking forward to Cashmere Mafia while Lipstick Jungle didn't interest me at all in the write ups so they can go ahead and trash that one. *grins*

I don't think this show will be anything like those other twos so it should be safe unless its yanked early like so many other promising shows are.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;2590619;
    OMG you are right - I totally forgot that Wed night dramas usually get the curse of death. But wasn't DSM on at 10pm? Maybe that'll be its' savior? LOL If anything I hope this show survives because the pilot was good enough to get many of us excited. As an aside, ABC did finish up The Nine on the abc website... so at least I was able to see how it all ended/happened.

I'm sorry- I wasn't clear. I'm in the central time zone so me referring to 9:00 is really 10:00 eastern. To me it's simply the last show before the news. I was thrilled that they put up the remaining episodes of The Nine because I knew they filmed more so it would have been dumb to not show them to the people who wanted to see them. Still, they didn't actually finish the show. I know that major situations such as being in a back robbery can have life long repercussions and that the real story could be never ending. But I wish they would have given us some sort of closure on at least some of the storylines.

Back to topic, though... I will just reiterate that I really hope this is not the fate of Dirty, Sexy Money.

The eyes says everything quangtran's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by do_od;2591098;
    By the way, is Lipstick jungle also on ABC ? If so, then we might have too many shows set in NY on ABC when Lucy Liu's Cashmere marfia starts. And one of them might get canned. Hopefully this one stays.
    Lipstick jungle is on NBC, and is pegged for mid-season, while Cashmere marfia is on ABC and will start December.

I liked this show too and also agree that it's hard to get invested in new shows when history has shown us that all too often they get yanked out from underneath us. Sometimes we aren't even given notice until we tune in to see a repeat of some other lame show in the timeslot. But as long as this one airs, I'll watch it.

I liked it a lot, and that is probably why I fell asleep... Hah! That is a direct portion, it seems...

I will see the end, and keep it on my DVR schedule until further notice...

But then I have WAY more things being recorded than I can possibly watch!

ACK!

;0))
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits. ~Mark Twain

+ Reply to Thread