+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sexy Money

Re: Dirty Sexy Money

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3210101;
    As far as I know.. juliette was going to be cut down.. way down because of 'personal issues' that ended Samaire Armstrong up in rehab. She will be guest from time to time.. series creator Craig Wright said he expected her to just show up when it was fun for her then he would be sending her off on new adventures.

I watched last night.. and i liked the show but the big issue I had was.. Justin didn't look as hot as he did last season. Come to think about it.. Karen looked more strung out than last season.

OH-H-H! Rehab - that explains it, thanks! I agree - I thought Karen looked horrible. Last season her hair didn't block her face so much. Did you mean Jeremy? If you did, ITA! I hope Brian keeps his edge, even though he's no longer "Father" Brian - that was stretching it, an Episcopal priest for 10 years!

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Im sorry yes, Jeremy, lol no idea where Justin came from.. but either way, not at all Hot like he was last year.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman;3210173;
    Im sorry yes, Jeremy, lol no idea where Justin came from.. but either way, not at all Hot like he was last year.
    Maybe you had Brothers and Sisters on the brain .

This was one of my must see shows before the strike. I haven't watched the premiere yet though. I hope it's worth the long wait.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan;3210200;
    Maybe you had Brothers and Sisters on the brain .

This was one of my must see shows before the strike. I haven't watched the premiere yet though. I hope it's worth the long wait.
    Nope never seen that show lol. I think it was an old age moment.. and the fact im posting in stealth at work
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I agree, Jeremy not as hot as last year... can't figure out why...not like he gained weight or anything or got wrinkled...
    If I were Jeremy Darling I'd certainly be suspicious of incredibly hot older women who came on to me in bars and had what certainly seemed to be unprotected sex with me in the back of cars... did he learn nothing about being used from last season? Or condoms?
    One question... I must have missed the show where we find out which of Trip's kids is not his... who did it turn out to be?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3210322;
    I agree, Jeremy not as hot as last year... can't figure out why...not like he gained weight or anything or got wrinkled...
    If I were Jeremy Darling I'd certainly be suspicious of incredibly hot older women who came on to me in bars and had what certainly seemed to be unprotected sex with me in the back of cars... did he learn nothing about being used from last season? Or condoms?
    One question... I must have missed the show where we find out which of Trip's kids is not his... who did it turn out to be?
    Sigh there goes my weekend plans :/

Brian is not his.

This is the only one of the "soap opera" shows I watch. Gave up on the mindlessness of Grey's, Housewives, et al., qiute a while ago, Even though I think most, not all, of the actors on those shows are quite good, I don't enjoy the unintelligent story lines. Dirty Sexy Money is the first one since Dallas to get it right, so far.

Donald Sutherland is in the Glenn Close category of acting. I cannot read Tripp Darling -- I'm never sure when he's telling the truth and when he's lying. Did he really expedite the visas for Bryan's son and his mother simply because Bryan refused to talk to Patrick's wife? That's what I thought would happen after Bryan refused, but now I honestly don't know. Blair Underwood is equally superb at playing his character.

I do have some issues, such as why Lisa would be at all attracted to Jeremy. I wouldn't think he could hold her interest for a moment. There are better and more believalbe choices for her in that line.

But all in all, I want to know more about these people -- for me, that's a sign of a good show.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I watched all the episodes aired last season AND last night was glued. I was completely excited for weeks leading up to it. The episode itself? Meh.

I was lost, I'll be the first to admit it.

Karen looks like hell, for whatever reason. "strung out" was a good way to put it

I love Nick. Love love love him. Nick and Tripp are my faves but I also really like Brian and Patrick. I could REALLY do without Leticia... oh yeah, keep her in the cell.

I was really lost in last night's episode. I feel like I missed a lot though I know I watched everything.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just in case I was more lost than I thought, we have NO idea why Leticia is being arrested, do we? Did I hear right, that it was for Nick's dad's murder? Why would they think that?
    Marlene_M---without the cutting back and forth, this is what I saw...Patrick's wife went off the deep end on the bottle (jealous over his trying to find his tranny lover) and took a swing a him in the shower with a golf club, slipped, hit her head and killed herself. Patrick called his dad (whom he'd just said he didn't want more help from). They called Nick away from a birthday (his) dinner with his wife but he refused to help, and we saw Trip's driver wrap the dead wife up in a rug and take her to the country house and set it on fire.
    Nick and his wife had been feeling distanced, the birthday dinner was supposed to be a 'can't miss' event to bring them together. Jeremy had been practically stalking her and she'd been spurning him, but when her hubby didn't show at dinner and Jeremy turned up (he'd called the restaurant to order wine for them as a surprise and was told she was alone) they got drunk together and she kissed him back outside the restaurant, just as hubby turned up. A lot of storming around and meaningful exchanges with Karen (who'd surprised him by stripping in his offce for a birthday present), but in the end we think he was faithful and they reunite at the boat at the end. In the process he punches Jeremy and gives him a black eye.
    Jeremy is hit on by Lucy Liu and after being dumped after the kiss has sex with her in the back of his car...I have no idea why she did this or why he's such an unsuspicious idiot.
    Karen is still having an affair with Simon, supposedly to spy for her dad. Simon says he knows that's why, but he really likes her (loves even) and will give her what she needs for her dad--a vial of what looks like Wesson oil that he says is a new car fuel that is completely non-toxic (he eats some) which her dad's chemists can analyze and Simon will lose a fortune and Trip will make one. A few hours later she gives it back to him and says she doesn't want to betray him...then we see him on the phone saying "we got her" which we think refers to Karen being suckered. Who didn't see that coming? Personally I think the vial was Wesson oil! And not Simon's latest invention at all.
    Brian, now a former priest, has been having 4 month visit with his kid, up from Brazil, and you definitely get the impression that someone has been stalling the kid and his mom's return visa. When Brian refuses to help Trip by talking to Patrick's alkie wife the visas suddenly appear. Next time Trip asks for help (giving Patrick an alibi by pretending they were sailing) he agrees.
    And at the end Trip is giving Nick a birthday party on a boat, gives him the boat as a present, and the police arrive. I don't know about anyone else, but I wondered if there was something wrong with the boat which was now going to be Nick's problem, but no, they were there to arrest Leticia.... although everyone else panicked thinking Nick had called in the dead wife's death and gotten everyone else in trouble over that.
    So that's what I saw...hope it helps...and feel free to jump in with additions/corrections!
    Last edited by PWS; 10-03-2008 at 07:45 PM.

I'm not sure exactly why they arrested Leticia for Nick's dad's murder, but we did learn last season that Letcica had an affair with Dutch andt hat Tripp knows it. I think it was Simon who told Nick that Dutch had been murdered, but I could be wrong about that. Jill Claburgh is a good actress so I'm looking forward to a story line for her.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread