+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirty Sexy Money

Re: Dirty Sexy Money

Canadian, once again I'm in total agreement with you . Did not like mama at all. Hope Brian goes all Darling on her and stops her from leaving the country (which it appears he is set to do!). I'm also liking Tripp more and more. I think he's got to be a good guy, only because it's impossible to tell who is not his child. Only, like you said, that Karen must be his. He's treating them all the same... big props to him. If I find out he had something to do with Dutch's death at this point, I'm going to be really dissapointed And what about Natalie? Anybody else think she's ready to make up with Juliet so she can make inroads with Jeremy? I think she really does like Jeremy, so I'm hoping for a romance I can actually root for. What's a good soap with-out star crossed young lovers trying to overcome obstacles just to be together.....gack. But still, ya gotta have the love Speaking of which, I just about choked when Ellen told Patrick they needed to have a sit down with Carmelita and go over the "ground rules", cause nothing was going to stop her from getting to Washington. All I could think was.....go Hillary

I really don't like Natalie, I have no doubt her becomming friends with Juliet again has ulterior motives. Everything she does seems to have some type of ulterior motive.
    Nick better not be falling for Karen's schtick. It seemed like he wasn't that quick to back off. It better not go that route. His not being corrupted is one of the strengths of the show (even though part of him is slowly becomming a little bit corrupted).

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Depressing how corrupted his little daughter already is....

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2669882;
    Brian's ex-mistress was definitely not the same actress as in the first episode. Either way, I really didn't like her!
    I know, what's up with that?!? "Hi honey, you look like you had an awful lot of plastic surgery while you were in Brazil!" The "new" one is Sheryl Lee who played Laura Palmer on Twin Peaks, right? No wonder she gives off a creepy vibe.

I love the Brian character and am rooting for him to keep his son even though the kid is already corrupted. Brian's sermon at the wedding was really great.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2670838;
    Nick better not be falling for Karen's schtick. It seemed like he wasn't that quick to back off. It better not go that route. His not being corrupted is one of the strengths of the show (even though part of him is slowly becoming a little bit corrupted).
    He's no saint. The mother asked him to tell Karen there was no chance between them, and he did not do it. He told his wife he only loved her, but he did not tell Karen that. He only told Karen he could not ask her to stop her marriage. Left a lot of room for interpretation.

After the daughter revealed herself to be a money-grubbing evil thing, I began to fantasize that they'd recast her with someone I could stomach watching and then have her try and break up her parents' marriage in hopes that that her dad would marry Karen so that she could become part of the Darling family. I do not like the wife and would have no problem seeing her get written off the show. His attraction to Karen is more plausible. Hopefully this show will last long enough to explore some of those possibilities.
    Last edited by Harvest; 11-17-2007 at 06:52 PM.

I think they did a really poor job casting he wife and re-casting the daughter. The daughter was originally played by Dakota Fanning's sister (She was in the first episode even!). Had they kept Elle (I believe is her name), I think things would be a little different.
    They need Nick to be married for a good while to show how he's torn between the lure of money and the values of not having it. Had the wife been a different actress I'd definitely care more. I don't want Nick cheating for the simple fact, I don't want him completely corrupted in the first season. I don't know, the more kinda smarmy he gets the less I like him. Like the whole kiss thing with Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2675830;
    . . .The daughter was originally played by Dakota Fanning's sister (She was in the first episode even!). Had they kept Elle (I believe is her name), I think things would be a little different. . .
    Elle Fanning is certainly the better actor. With the uncertainly of Dirty Sexy Money's future, and the talent of the Fanning sisters, this was in all likelihood a good career move for young Miss Fanning, albeit bad for us viewers.
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Well, it did get picked up for the full season, even with the strike!!! On the plus side, but on the negative side, she was already committed elsewhere when the second episode began filming. Drats!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2677391;
    Well, it did get picked up for the full season, even with the strike!!!
    Wow -- I'm shocked! (I have this habit of liking serials that don't make it.) I hope my luck holds out for Journeyman as well as DSM. No, I'm not holding my breath -- Book of Daniel and The Nine taught me that lesson!
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel;2677391;
    Well, it did get picked up for the full season, even with the strike!!!
    I want it to last a looong time. I usually don't like hour-long dramas or night-time soaps, but I like this and hope it has staying power like Dynasty or Dallas. We are moving into that type of economic climate again, so why not?

I heard last night it got picked up for a second season! I hope that is true, and they weren't just considering "after the strike" as a second season. Is it too soon to have that info out yet?

+ Reply to Thread