+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 123456789101151 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Private Practice

I did an advanced search and didn't see a thread for this although I know we've talked about it. Probably in the GA thread.

Anyway, I wasn't too impressed with the airing during last season's Grey's and figured I'd give it another chance once it came back as it's own show. I'm just not feeling it. It's not horrible but it didn't grab me right from the start the way Grey's, Lost, and Brothers and Sisters did. I'll probably give it a few more tries just because I liked Addison on Grey's but on the premiere she seemed a bit cocky.

Re: Private Practice

It's a lot more quirky than Grey's. Glad they ditched the talking elevator. Dell sure looked different!!
    It's okay. It's good enough for it's slot. But I agree, it's still missing... something.

It was hard to watch because of Bionic woman but i still caught on. I miss Merrin though.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I thought I'd give it another try.... couldn't make it through the episode. I thought that they were trying so hard to be something different from Grey's that they never really settled on what that "something different" would actually be. And a lot of what I gathered were attempts at humor seemed pretty forced and/or juvenile, and oddly timed.

I also thought Merrin Dungey was better than the new Naomi, who, in this episode, could have frozen mercury.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I don't watch Grey's so I'm coming from a different perspective and I actually really enjoyed it! I know nothing about the characters except what I watched on PP. I enjoyed the interaction and the storyline.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I love Addison and wished they didn't do a spin off so soon. But, that being said, it wasn't all that bad. It's different than Grey's. I'll continue watching to see if it keeps me interested
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

The only thing that I don't much like is that Addison is not the Addison that we loved on Grey's. She's like the watered down version... the insecure woman that Alex created, not the strong and confident woman that she used to be. I want the strong and confident Addison back.

I liked it but agree the 1st Naomi was much better than this one. I thought the character interaction was good and I think the stong willful Addison will come out more as she gets into her element.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 10-03-2007 at 11:36 PM.

I only watched the first season of Greys and then they completely lost me so I don't know anything about Addison or her history and I love her! She's so quirky and well damaged somehow that it makes her lovable. Since I don't have the history to fall back on, I am just judging her on what I see now and her insecurities are what make her a great character.

I don't like Naomi. I watched the first episode and I'm with the rest of you, I liked the first one better.

I'm so thrilled to have Tim and Ty back on my tv! And I hope this show is the magic one for Ty. Such a good actor but such bad luck when it comes to shows.

The recent episode with the pregnancy and the donor? Great writing and great acting and the woman who went nuts in the store? Made me almost tear up, it was just really good. I think I like the fringe characters almost as much as Addison.

Okay, this second episode was a HUGE improvement over the first! I loved tonight's show, and cried like a baby in the pivotal scene at the end. How heartbreaking! I'm very sad that the father is getting thrown in jail for the baby switch because I can just imagine the terror that he was dealing with that led to that decision, but....

I thought tonight's show had the perfect balance of humor and drama. This was classic Shonda.. I am so glad she's "back."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 82 123456789101151 ... LastLast