+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 82 FirstFirst ... 31717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by tapper01 View Post
    Loved Charlotte and Coop having all their girls and getting the house. I will miss this show.
    I'm going to miss Charlotte and Coop the most. I really wish they would have gotten a spin off
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I still haven't watched this week's episode. I will try to do it tonight.

*sniffle*

Perfect wrap up of the series, although I'm so sad to say goodbye to everyone. Now I keep thinking of all the things that could happen to the characters moving forward. I want to see if Violet could have a relationship with that bookseller. I'd love to see Cooper and Charlotte interview nannies. So many other things.

Sweet thank you letter to the fans from Caterina Scorsone:
    Caterina Scorsone: A Letter to the Fans
    Jamie5632 likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I haven't watched a lot since the show moved to Tuesday nights. But I watched last night and I guess I wasn't particularly attached to the characters or what storylines were going on because to me it was just another episode. Oddly I think this was my complaint with the end of ER too but I can't remember. I don't like the series finale looking like its starting various moving forward storylines. I like it better when they wrap things up. But I honestly don't know how much there was to wrap up since I haven't watched for awhile.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

I swore I wouldn't watch this season because at the beginning of this season, I didn't like it. At all. But I stuck with it and I liked it. I liked the character-centric episodes a lot. I enjoyed last night's series finale - funny how she named the book 'private practice'. I never thought Sheldon would end up one of the most endearing characters. While they wrapped up some, they left it open for the imagination what would happen with the rest of the group. I enjoyed. And I'll miss Cooper!!!

I'm still not sure how I feel about last night's episode. I was a little offput that precious time was spent on Sam, whom I dislike, and his ex-wife. I didn't watch much when she was on the show. Once again Sam came off as a jerk. Hurting Stephanie didn't seem to bother him a bit. Lucky for her she escaped from the guy. lol Loved the way he suddenly wants a baby now. Please. It was kind of funny.

I also felt precious time was spent on Violet's patient. I had much rather watched meaningful dialogue between the core characters than to see that. Good story, but I just wanted that screen time with the core characters.

Does anyone recall just when the last 5-6 episodes dropped how the show began and ended. It used to have Addison talking to her therapist. Then it stopped. Last night reminded me of that when she was talking to her camera. I liked that touch. She's happy now and doesn't need therapy. Right?

If it had been business as usual for the past few weeks and then last night's show, I would have been horribly disappointed. Instead I feel like everyone got the attention and send off they deserved and it wasn't all tied up too nicely (poor Sheldon, broke my heart - what great acting and a great finish for him) as there are still 'what if' and 'what happened to' plus a splash as 'life as normal, it goes on'. I agree with Critical, I would LOVE to see Charlotte interview nannies. I am really going to miss this show - for all its ups and downs with me it really felt like saying goodbye to friends last night, especially the King-Freedmans. I really liked the talk about the title at the end and how stupid it was and thought the elevator door closing was just perfect. I also noticed the big heart in the middle of the Shondaland logo at the end deflated, which is exactly how I felt when it was over.
    Wag more, bark less

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie5632 View Post
    {snip} I also noticed the big heart in the middle of the Shondaland logo at the end deflated, which is exactly how I felt when it was over.
    I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who noticed, and was going to comment on, this! I felt like it was saying "ok folks, the ride's over"... which summed up my thoughts quite well.

I loved how things worked out with Naomi and Sam though I really really really hated that he hurt Stephanie who became collateral damage.

I'm glad Addison and Jake look like they'll really be strong. I was also glad he came to grips with his daughter's relationship/life-decisions and communicated them to her. It's something I had wished for my own life so yeah I bawled thru that part.

Speaking of bawling, wow, Sheldon and Miranda... yeah, bawl city. Loved it, hated it, loved it... all in the span of a single hour! LOL!

Charlotte and Cooper... and Mason, Caroline, Georgia and Rachel... all look quite perfectly at home in their new house. Thrilled that Charlotte went back to work and Cooper conceded they need a nanny!!!

I'm sad to see my friends go... but I'm not sad that Shonda can no longer eff up their lives Now they can continue on in MY imagination in the way MY mind feels is "right" for them.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

This is so trivial, but I wanted the triplet's names to be themed. (states) I was rooting that Rachel be named Virginia. (Caroline, Georgia, Virginia). LOL
    WrigleyDogA2 likes this.

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This is so trivial, but I wanted the triplet's names to be themed. (states) I was rooting that Rachel be named Virginia. (Caroline, Georgia, Virginia). LOL
    Me too! I even wanted Virginia as the third name too!
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread