+ Reply to Thread
Page 79 of 82 FirstFirst ... 296970717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Private Practice

Plus, relatively, pediatricians don't make that much.... they need Charlotte's salary. And if we were talking reality...the chances are greater than an average birth that one or more of the babies will have some special needs...

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I know it's the last season / last few episodes and I don't expect we'll really ever see it play out but I would not foresee Dr. Charlotte King, Chief of Staff at St. Ambrose Hospital, being a stay-at-home mom. Charlotte overcame a lot in her life, worked hard to rise in her career and climb that AdminiCorporate ladder and (IIRC) never planned to ever have children. Now she's found herself to be a mother of four in about a year's time. With her salary... and combined with that of her private-practicing, Pediatrician husband Dr. Cooper Freedman... she's got any and all the options available to her.

I love Charlotte and will miss the character when the series ends
    Charlotte is one of my favorite characters too. However, if the show were to continue, I would expect to see Cooper eventually cheat on her after having a bit too much to drink.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Plus, relatively, pediatricians don't make that much.... they need Charlotte's salary. And if we were talking reality...the chances are greater than an average birth that one or more of the babies will have some special needs...
    Those sextuplets, other than being premature (which is a problem within itself), seem to be relatively normal. I have been looking/listening for somebody with a problem, but they don't seem to have a special needs child in the bunch.....that they have yet to reveal. The parents own their own carpet cleaning business which appears to be successful which, mainly, the dad runs; the mother occasionally works with him. They have a multitude of caregivers who come and go, with mom and dad being the main people. There are teachers who come in to track the progress of the six. Some of the kids DO require/demand more personal attention than the others.

Of course, you do what you have to do, but you always want what's in the best interest of your children. You don't want to short your children nor your customers/clients/patients....but Charlotte is an administrator who seems to be overseen by a board.....remember, she was concerned about being replaced while she was pregnant.

We've seen huge changes in Charlotte since she married Coop. She didn't seem to ever intend to be a mother, but she took to mothering Mason with no difficulty.....something I never thought we would see. Who knows what Shonda will have her do in regards to her passel of kids!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just remembered a real life doctor who had triplets. Dr. Drew and his wife have triplets. I've heard him talk about a few times. I guess he worked and his wife stayed home with help.

Find this article about raising triplets by Dr. Drew's wife.

Multiple Mom Susan Pinsky: Triplets Were A Lot of Work, Now Octuplets...: LAist
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-31-2012 at 12:49 PM.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

If I'm not mistaken, Dr. Drew's triplets are in college now! My, how time flies when you're having fun!

I just can't imagine having more than one baby....OK, maby I could imagine 2...at a time! One was enough of a handful, and I was grateful to have a light load.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    You wonder about a family who, in real life, has triplets??? Have you seen that show where the people have sextuplets???? They are about 2 years old now. They live in Columbus, Ohio. I can't even begin to imagine.
    I have twins and those were hard enough. It was unexpected and I was lucky my other 3 kids were in their teens--closer together and I would have gone mad. I don't know if I could have had one more thrown in the mix. Even being remarried and making more than my husband and lucky enough to have two incomes, there would have been no way I could have stayed home. My other kids, especially my daughter were so helpful and my husband has a large close knit family, so I had plenty of help. My heart goes out to those who are not as financially stable or who do not have family support with multiples. Charlotte and Cooper are fortunate to be wealthy, not that having their family go from 3 to 6 rapidly wouldn't be difficult.
    Last edited by Starbucks880; 01-03-2013 at 04:02 PM.

I haven't watched one episode this season until this last one. I HATE the charactercentric episodes! The reason I liked this show in the first place was for the ensemble cast. And Ameila, being my least favorite, just happened to be the episode I watched. A whole hour of mostly her was excrutiating. I am glad to see her sober and in a new relationship but I really missed the dynamics of the other cast members. I guess because this is the last season Shonda wants to give everyone a proper send off but I also noticed the "Scandal" type photos/camera sound when coming back from commercials. Has it been like this the whole season? Anyway, I will watch the finale just to see how it all wraps up but I don't feel like I've missed anything at all so far.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I've LOVED the character-centric episodes and I really loved Amelia's episode. She's had so much terrible stuff happen to her over the last few seasons that I was glad she finally got a little happiness. I thought Caterina was excellent in the episode. It made me wish she'd gotten even more to do throughout the series.

The closer we've gotten to the finale next week, the more I realize how much I'm going to miss this show.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The finale is next week already? Well there's one reason for the character-centric stuff we've been seeing lately. They are tying up everyone's story lines in a neat little bundle for us. I was kind of eh about the show though. It was boring to me. Glad that Amelia is moving on though.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Yes, I will miss this show.

I did get a little chuckle from Violet this week. As she lamented about how, because of her age, she may spend her life alone, I laughed. Really? I think there are many things about Violet, other than her age, that could keep others away. Like the fact she crazy as hell and does bizarre and annoying things over and over! lol

I liked Amelia's storyline. In building her new relationship, more scenes of other activities together would have been better, IMO, though I do usually love lots of sex scenes. Of course, I LOVE her boyfriend! HOT body. Man he is very attractive, IMO. He's charming too!

I was dismayed to see them having difficulty with the adoption again next week. PLEASE. Enough already. Aren't they other places Shondra could go? IT's so overdone and predictable.

+ Reply to Thread