+ Reply to Thread
Page 78 of 82 FirstFirst ... 28686970717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Thanks prhoshay for filling in the blanks. Much appreciated!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

!

Oh good... I almost never get to watch this, there is so much else on then, just enough to get hooked on something and then don't find out the resolution. Feel mluch better now!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I avoided this thread for weeks since I was two episodes behind. It was torture not reading this thread. Today I caught up on Sheldon meeting the woman with metastatic breast cancer, them finding Sarah Nelson (the little girl who disappeared from the ER) and Charlotte finally going into labor. I was all excited to come here and see what y'all had been saying... only to find very minimal talk. So sad, no one seems to really care about PP anymore. I'll keep watching until the end... and then probably start over on Hulu or something. I didn't watch it all that regularly when the series first started and I'm interested in how it all began (especially since I wasn't all that much into GA early on either).

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I watched the show. Sad that Sheldon has found a soul mate who is terminal. I hope that she recovers by some miracle. Shondra can do it. She does other crazy stuff. lol

It looks like the triplets will survive. That's good. I guess it's good the show is ending because I can't imagine how Charlotte would continue to work in her job and raise triplets at home. Anyone know a family in real life that has triplets?

The show has featured each one of the characters in this last season. I think there are only one or two left to go.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You wonder about a family who, in real life, has triplets??? Have you seen that show where the people have sextuplets???? They are about 2 years old now. They live in Columbus, Ohio. I can't even begin to imagine.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

It's not about the number of children, per se. Of course people raise multiples and it's all fine. It's about whether or not Charlotte could continue on in her position as a mother of four AND a hospital chief-of-staff AND a doctor in private practice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Is this the last season?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    It's not about the number of children, per se. Of course people raise multiples and it's all fine. It's about whether or not Charlotte could continue on in her position as a mother of four AND a hospital chief-of-staff AND a doctor in private practice.
    I don't know what your experiences have been, but the number of children can make a HUGE difference! If it didn't, daycare numbers could be ridiculous, with super-minimal aides. All children need different things, and require different levels of attention....and they don't even have to be special needs children. I'm pretty sure a person with, even triplets, would need to stay at home for a good period of time unless she wanted somebody else raising her children.....probably 2 somebody-elses. So, yes....in my experience, numbers do make a difference.

And, yes, ilja, this is the last season/last few ("couple of") episodes. I am losing a "good friend".
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I don't know what your experiences have been, but the number of children can make a HUGE difference! If it didn't, daycare numbers could be ridiculous, with super-minimal aides. All children need different things, and require different levels of attention....and they don't even have to be special needs children. I'm pretty sure a person with, even triplets, would need to stay at home for a good period of time unless she wanted somebody else raising her children.....probably 2 somebody-elses. So, yes....in my experience, numbers do make a difference.

And, yes, ilja, this is the last season/last few ("couple of") episodes. I am losing a "good friend".
    In my experience the number of children can make a difference but at the same time you do what you have to do. My sister had quadruplets naturally (not with fertility treatments just that's the card nature handed her) and also had two other younger children at that time. Not long after the birth of the babies she left her husband as he was not good to her. She was not wealthy and did not have familial support from pretty much anywhere to care for her kids and had to go work a full time job with 6 kids and one of those kids was special needs as well. So you do not need to stay at home to care for those children. She worked out of the home for years and years even when the kids were babies. You do what you need to do. She didn't have nannies or baby sitters. She did some daycare thing. Not all people who have multiples have the luxury to just stop working and I would bet more often than not most people with multiples go on working because kids one at a time are expensive let alone numerous at at time.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I know it's the last season / last few episodes and I don't expect we'll really ever see it play out but I would not foresee Dr. Charlotte King, Chief of Staff at St. Ambrose Hospital, being a stay-at-home mom. Charlotte overcame a lot in her life, worked hard to rise in her career and climb that AdminiCorporate ladder and (IIRC) never planned to ever have children. Now she's found herself to be a mother of four in about a year's time. With her salary... and combined with that of her private-practicing, Pediatrician husband Dr. Cooper Freedman... she's got any and all the options available to her.

I love Charlotte and will miss the character when the series ends

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread