+ Reply to Thread
Page 70 of 82 FirstFirst ... 20606162636465666768697071727374757677787980 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

I hated last night's episode. The whole party for Pete was ridiculous - Violet with a belly shirt? Really? The only one who made sense the whole episode was Mason. And they barely mentioned Mark Sloan dying. Just awkward all around.

I think I'm officially done with this show, sad to say. I think the Shonda is using all her brains on Scandal and less on Grey's so Private Practice gets the fleeting thoughts. Not good.
    JunkieGirl and Debb70 like this.

I just cannot tolerate the Violent character. OMG, she's so annoying. About that outfit. I wore a similar one to a Halloween Party in college when I went as a gennie!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Really enjoyed last night's show. What really struck me was about Sheldon. This man has yet to get around to starting to deal with his cancer (my presumption), and person after person after person has come to him for his help with various issues. It's like he's giving and giving, but has asked no one for help or understanding or a sensitive ear. He's bound to crack.

Thought the marijuana scene was hilarious!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Why is Sam still there? I mean really?

I really enjoyed Charlotte (I really hope that's her name I'm so bad with names) and her comment about when she said she wanted no children what she really meant is she wanted all children. That had me laughing. The show got a little baby centric there for me for awhile.

Also liked the pot scenes in the bathtub. Even Violet here and there but not consistently in those scenes. I'm just not a fan of hers.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M
    Who am I really ultra-sick-of? Cooper. Charlotte tells him to keep his mouth shut and he just cannot do it. It's like he has emotional incontinence or something.
    Hahaha. Your post made me laugh out loud. And they say women gossip? Cooper and Violet are like two high schoolers blabbing and gossiping. Ick.

Once again, Shonda disappoints me. I think she hates us. Why I keep falling for her crap story telling....ugh Even though this epi was to address Pete's death, all of the focus was on Violet AGAIN. Always about her, poor Lucas. Wasn't he being watched by Mason all day and when her and Cooper were getting high? Yet Amelia was taking care of Henry?

The only thing I am interested in right now is Charlotte's pregnancy. (No, not her odds of getting pregnant) Why is she so against having children? Have I missed something? Has she revealed something in her past that caused her to be so adamant about not having children?
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Quote Originally Posted by JunkieGirl View Post
    Hahaha. Your post made me laugh out loud. And they say women gossip? Cooper and Violet are like two high schoolers blabbing and gossiping. Ick.

Once again, Shonda disappoints me. I think she hates us. Why I keep falling for her crap story telling....ugh Even though this epi was to address Pete's death, all of the focus was on Violet AGAIN. Always about her, poor Lucas. Wasn't he being watched by Mason all day and when her and Cooper were getting high? Yet Amelia was taking care of Henry?

The only thing I am interested in right now is Charlotte's pregnancy. (No, not her odds of getting pregnant) Why is she so against having children? Have I missed something? Has she revealed something in her past that caused her to be so adamant about not having children?
    I'm pretty sure Amelia took ALL of the kids over to Sam's house during the wake right at the beginning of the episode. Mason came back over at some point, but I think Amelia had the other two boys with her the whole time.

Of course the focus will be on Violet. Pete was her husband. I'd be surprised if they didn't focus on her.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Of course the focus will be on Violet. Pete was her husband. I'd be surprised if they didn't focus on her.
    Yeah, I didn't articulate my thoughts very well. Violet couldn't have looked more bored or uninterested in hearing the stories that Pete's former patients were telling her. In fact, she didn't even want to be there. I just don't get her attitude especially since she has a young child who would probably love to hear all of the wonderful stories about his father. I just got the impression that she was more annoyed that people weren't addressing her or her loss.

Does anyone know why Charlotte was so against having children?
    Debb70 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Sometimes I come here and read the comments only to wonder if we're all watching the same show. Or if some of us are letting it play in the background while doing other things and then commenting about how bad certain scenes/storylines are
    prhoshay likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Having just lost a loved one, I totally get where Violet was coming from. Pete wanted things light and fun and the patients that she probably hadn't met before were coming forward crying and sharing stories.......I'm at the same place she is. I just don't want to hear it with the crying. I've had too many people come up to me and tell me about stories of losing their own loved ones and part of me wants to scream it isn't about you!!! Sorry, had to vent. I get where her storyline was coming from. She's not my favorite character at all, I could take her or leave her but I totally understand.
    prhoshay likes this.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Having just lost a loved one, I totally get where Violet was coming from. Pete wanted things light and fun and the patients that she probably hadn't met before were coming forward crying and sharing stories.......I'm at the same place she is. I just don't want to hear it with the crying. I've had too many people come up to me and tell me about stories of losing their own loved ones and part of me wants to scream it isn't about you!!! Sorry, had to vent. I get where her storyline was coming from. She's not my favorite character at all, I could take her or leave her but I totally understand.
    I completely agree. I can only imagine the main thought would be... so what my husband saved your life. He just lost his, and there was no one there to save him. It's ok to be a little self absorbed after you've lost a loved one, especially suddenly like that. I am sure its fairly normal. But yeah, Violet on a whole - bleh. Maybe they'll move away now.
    combatcutie likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread