+ Reply to Thread
Page 69 of 82 FirstFirst ... 19596061626364656667686970717273747576777879 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Private Practice

I missed Pete's departure, and now so many comments have me curious...how did they explain it?

I'm upset at myself for missing the first episode last night. I will watch soon and come back here. Can't wait to catch up.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I missed Pete's departure, and now so many comments have me curious...how did they explain it?
    He got up early to go for a run and left Violet either a note or a text (forget which) that told her he was going out for a run and that "whatever happens, it will all work out" , or something to that effect. When he did not show up for his court appearance, Violet incorrectly assumed he just took off. They had had a previous discussion (which was not aired) about the 3 of them taking off for Central America where they could start fresh and practice medicine there. So, Violet assumed Pete took off in order not to wind up in jail. However, much much later she gets a phone call from someone who found Pete's mobile phone. Apparently, Pete suffered a massive heart attack while running in the canyon and since he was off the beaten path, did not get discovered until much later. Pietro morto! Pete is dead!

What I want to know is why did Shonda NOT renew Tim Daly's contract? Do we know if they just could not come to an agreement as to salary? Did Tim want out? I hate, hate, hate this! Pete is my favorite character on the show and I wish it were Violet that was gone and not Pete.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought the way they "exited" Pete was perfect....maybe not desirable, but sensible.
    alizarules likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I don't mean to sound insensitive, but if Pete was leaving, I wish they would have had him take off for South American and take Violet with him. I'm done with her.

I was hoping to see Sandra Oh's character brought to PP from GA, but I doubt that will happen. I would like to watch Sandra get to stretch a little as an actress and bring something new to her character that PP might offer.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... well, thanks for that info on Pete... and being that this is a nighttime soap and not daytime, I guess he's really gone.

I wouldn't mind a thinning of the characters on PP generally speaking. I really never liked Violet. I can't remember his character name but I'm really kind of over Taye Diggs too. I was over Pete for awhile. I watched this episode and wasn't really into Amelia but wouldn't mind her lingering around the background or something.

I am so over Violet and her nutty self. Talk about a danger to herself and others. She needs to be evaluated. What group cleared her to go back to practicing must have been on drugs. lol

Taye Diggs character (Sam) has worn me out. That back and forth stuff with Addison was so overdone. Please no more. All of his fake love professions. It's just too much. They could take the story to such great places with Jake and Addison. I guess we'll see.

I'm okay with most of the other characters, if the writers would just stop making them do unethical things like breach confidential information left and right. That is so annoying to me and constantly reminds me of how I can't buy into the show. But, I want to.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm over Violet and Sam too. I just don't like them and never really have. Naomi was one of my favorite characters and when she left, I thinkthe show went down hill.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I love Jake. Be still my heart

Amelia has gone thru so much - I hope she's back on track now.

Sam is a bit useless now that he's not with Addison - maybe this will provide him some good storylines.

Violet? She's a head case herself. Makes me wonder about therapists in general.

I actually like the way they wrote out Pete. I was pretty angry in thinking he HAD just taken off and been completely irresponsible regarding his family. It made me feel better knowing the reason he didn't show up in court, the reason no one could locate him was because he was dead. For me, that was realistic as it happened to someone I used to work with... he was driving home from work and pulled off because he was not feeling well and apparently he had a heart attack after that.

Who am I really ultra-sick-of? Cooper. Charlotte tells him to keep his mouth shut and he just cannot do it. It's like he has emotional incontinence or something.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread