+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17575859606162636465666768697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    I've also read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Kate Walsh isn't long for the show either (by her own choice). That next season may be her last. I'm thinking it'll be the last. period. With an already truncated season. Hopefully get to wrap things up.
    Now that would not bother me. I've never been that big of a fan.
    tapper01 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I'm sorry, but if the stupid writers would write better stories, this show wouldn't be doing so bad. It's frustrating b/c it used to be a really good show.
    Sometimes I feel like Shonda is an amazingly talented writer/leader and other times I'm wondering how she even got on tv.
    Marlena_M and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    sometimes i feel like shonda is an amazingly talented writer/leader and other times i'm wondering how she even got on tv.
    great post!

Did anyone else watch Audra McDonald on the Tonys tonight? I never was a big fan of Naomi and wasn't sad to see her go, but part of that was because I think Audra McDonald needs to be where she can SING for a living. She is simply sublime. She absolutely deserved her fifth Tony (but first as Lead Actress) tonight for Porgy and Bess. I adore her, so I think she deserves to win every time she's nominated.
    Tony Awards 2012 - Porgy & Bess - Audra McDonald & Norm Lewis - YouTube

I actually find that I miss Naomi and her common sense on this show. Go figure.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Did anyone else watch Audra McDonald on the Tonys tonight? I never was a big fan of Naomi and wasn't sad to see her go, but part of that was because I think Audra McDonald needs to be where she can SING for a living. She is simply sublime. She absolutely deserved her fifth Tony (but first as Lead Actress) tonight for Porgy and Bess. I adore her, so I think she deserves to win every time she's nominated.
    Tony Awards 2012 - Porgy & Bess - Audra McDonald & Norm Lewis - YouTube

I actually find that I miss Naomi and her common sense on this show. Go figure.
    Wow! I had no idea she could sing. She is fabulous. I miss her too.

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Wow! I had no idea she could sing. She is fabulous. I miss her too.
    It's why I was excited to see her on PP and then not sad that she was leaving. I'm a big fan, but she needs to sing in every job! I first became a fan when she did Ragtime (she won the Tony). IMO, she's one of the great musical theater actresses....I was going to put a "of the last x number of years," but that statement doesn't need anything added to it.

I still do with they'd finished up her story line with Naomi and Fife a little better and at least given us more. I thought they had great chemistry.

Since ABC only renewed the show for 13 episodes and Kate Walsh has said she's done after the upcoming season, I don't think I'm going out on a limb when I say that the show is done after this season. If they plan for the end of the series and wrap it up nicely, I'd be happy with that. Too many shows either stay WAY too long at the party or they get canceled without being able to give fans a satisfying end.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I really do wish they would just do a really good last season and wrap it up too. The show should not continue without Kate Walsh IMO, UNLESS................Do you think any of the Grey's Anatomy doctors will leave Seatle and go on PP? Hmmmm.....Now that might work.

Tonight's the night!! Woo Hoo can't wait to see what the season brings.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm excited too but I really wish they hadn't moved to Tuesday nights. In fact, last season I never got the info they had moved to Tuesdays and missed a few shows. Now, I have to choose between Parenthood and PP as I don't have a DVR. I will have to try to catch one or the other online this season.

You really didn't miss that much last season. It was kind of a blah season. I hope this one is better.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread