+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 82 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

What an episode for the Amelia, Charlotte/Cooper storylines. I could care less about Pete and Violet. Addison is only good when she's actually being a doctor.

Even if it was cleared, I can't imagine what it was like to actually film those scenes for Caterina.

I thought the baby scenes were done very well. I cannot imagine filming those scenes if you are pregnant as that actress is, as stated upthread. UNREAL. She must be very dedicated to her craft. Still, I didn't have much sympathy for the woman until just before the delivery. That's harsh. If you can't have sympathy for a woman getting ready to have a terminally ill baby, who can you have it for? I'm glad they allowed us to see the softer side and empathize. I'm glad they showed the baby. It was shocking, but welcomed IMO. I had wondered about it all along. When those squeaking sounds started, I almost lost it.

Pete and Violet, please go away.

Charolotte is a good mom, which is good, but she may lose her job a the hospital. I hope going against the law and taking those organs is worth it. I think I posted here awhile ago that I had read elsewhere from a lady who actually had a child like Amelia's, that it is ILLEGAL to take the organs of a baby like that. The baby must be declared brain dead first and because of that condition, you can't really do it, until the organs are no longer useful. Just like they FINALLY explained last night. So will there be any repercussions? Who is there to file a complaint? Was it the right or legal thing to do. It's difficult to say, but I would not risk my medical career and personal freedom, for something that my attorneys had told me was not legal. I know Amelia had a goal to help others, but she may have costs most of her best friends their career.

Someone please tell me what happened in the very end. I saw Addison at home with Henry and Sam telling her he wanted in with them. Then Jake was driving his car over to her house with dinner. What happened? I looked away and think I missed something. Did Jake's car crash? Did Addison tell Sam Jake was enroute?

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to rewatch this b/c I was trying to figure out my new phone but from what I saw....WOW. Amelia had me in tears during labor and talking about her son. I couldn't imagine having to go through something like that.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I thought the episode was extremely well done. I liked how Amelia started referring to her "baby" as the "unicorn baby".....magical and working miracles all over the place. I was glad to see Sam come out of his conflicted state after Amelia told him that she had dealt with what was happening, and how many other babies would be helped, so why couldn't he? At that point he stopped making it all about him. Huge moment! Addison never told Sam that Jake was on his way, even efter he proposed. The car did not crash, but they did show Jake driving toward Addison's with the Chinese carryout and a bouquet of flowers on the seat. As usual, like it tends to happen in real life....it's either feast or famine when it comes to love lives! No proposals, or proposals coming from EVERYWHERE!! Looking for the beginning of next season! Pretty deep!!
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Let me guess. Next season Addison will lose Sam, Jake, Henry and maybe her medical license.

I can't imagine a jury convicting the docs for saving/helping so many babies with the organs of a non-viable specimen. I guess only time will tell. Super-early in that pregnance, Amelia was only growning organs, actually. There should be NO conflict, IMO.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by ilja View Post
    Hmmmm, serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . . serving time in prison . . . listening to Violet . . .

decisions, decisions . . .

do these stripes make my butt look big?
    I think Pete saw the benefit of going to prison when he looked at Violet and said, "Do you ever stop talking?" At least in prison he would not ever have to listen to her. I don't blame him, even though I could smack him for his lack of professionalism and reckless and impulsive action in pulling the plug on that patient the way he did. That father could have been reasoned with. It could have all been resolved, with a bit of effort, without an arrest. I am a medical professional and I definitely thought the "right" thing was to follow his wishes, but someone in the healthcare field has to put aside their own personal feelings and beliefs. I think Benjamin Bratt's character is the only one on that show who should have a medical liscence. Can they send Violet off for a book tour or something for the whole of next season? Maybe send her to that place where Celia Solis and the other children of Desperate Housewives went to where the appearances were rare?

I don't know how it works in the medical world but wouldn't the person responsible for the baby's death be the mother? She made the decision and the hospital staff went with it. The lawyers are there to protect the hospital from lawsuits filed by patients or families. I would think the ultimate person who would pay is Amelia. I know that the baby is considered a patient but in the eyes of the law, the responsible parties for the baby are the parents. I think Addison is going to turn Sam down and stay with Jake. Sam has been back and forth with his commitment and Jake has always been in.

Shay I agree. I know that some babies born with this can live for years and years but IMO it is no quality of life. I've learned about quality vs quantity since my son was diagnosed with terminal cancer. How much is too much? It's a slippery slope.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I have read that there are laws that regulate the harvesting of organs for tranplant. Most states subscribe to this national standard. They require that a baby be found to be brain dead to harvest organs. The problem with babies with the condition Amelia's baby had is that the brain stem actually prevents the brain death finding. The baby usually survives for days before the stem will qualify for brain death and by then the organs have usually been damaged. I posted a link for this upthread. I'll try to find another one. I have read some very critical comments from people who had babies like Amelia and they say it is not possible to harvest organs from those babies. So while Amelia may have requested it, it was doctors who made the call. Sooner or later, those doctors are going to not be able to get medical malpractice insurance, due to their blantant disregard of the law. Oh, I forgot. IT's just a tv show. LOL

When the "unicorn baby" was said to be in respiratory distress...thus the "squeaking"....the end was very near. I just think it's stupid and ridiculous to waste quality organs that will not serve any other real purpose. I'd like to believe that this country is not that backward.

+ Reply to Thread