+ Reply to Thread
Page 63 of 82 FirstFirst ... 13535455565758596061626364656667686970717273 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Occasional commenter WrigleyDogA2's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    The problem I have with Pete's "wrong" choice is that they never make a "right" choice on this show. I don't expect it to be real and I expect drama but shoot any regular hospital that had this percentage of "wrong" choices and so rarely a right choice would have long since been sanctioned if not shut down. I would feel it would almost be more dramatic if they started making the right choices and just had an occasional wrong choice in that practice.
    I just kind of assume that we get to see the "wrong" times. Like - if this were a reality show and these were real people we wouldn't see all the boring, routine things and are done correctly. We just a glimpse of the abnormal and exciting.

And I feel slightly embarrassed to admit that - but it helps me keep things in perspective - even though these aren't real people.

Quote Originally Posted by WrigleyDogA2 View Post
    I just kind of assume that we get to see the "wrong" times. Like - if this were a reality show and these were real people we wouldn't see all the boring, routine things and are done correctly. We just a glimpse of the abnormal and exciting.

And I feel slightly embarrassed to admit that - but it helps me keep things in perspective - even though these aren't real people.
    Exactly. I doubt anyone would watch a show where mentally healthy patients came in for pap smears and had trouble-free pregnancies!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think doing the wrong thing for them is so common, that I just expect it of them. Recall Charlotte and getting the medical records of her husband's baby mama illegally, when it could have been done correctly with some time and thought.

Then there was Sheldon who practically forces a police officer to confess to killing a guy under questionable circumstances, without legal advice. The guy could have ended up in prison for life or even if he escaped prison, would be fired and lose his health insurance. Sheldon told the guy to confess or he would tell on him! What? He is a mental health professional and the communication was protected by privilege! Sheldon would have lost his license for exposing a client, unless he was an immediate threat to himself or others, which was not the case.

Don't even get me started on Addison threating to tell a patient's husband she had an abortion years ago, UNDER the objection of the patient!

And Violet, OMG.

I do suspend reality when watching this show. Sometimes it makes it very frustrating though. LOL

FORT Fogey
    Pete is really a jerk

Was that the season finale or are there more episodes?

There's one more episode on Tuesday (the season finale).

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    There's one more episode on Tuesday (the season finale).
    Thanks!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Watching the finale now. Amelia's in labor. She is making me cry, talking about her baby with no frontal lobe not being able to cry. I think this has got to be terribly upsetting for Caterina to play this role right now given that she is pregnant in real life. What the heck was Shonda thinking? I know it's fiction but still, I worry about her own real-life baby's gestation.
    Debb70 likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

For some reason I tend to think Shonda discussed this storyline with Caterina Scorsone before "going there". I also tend to think the actress was ok with it. Of course, I could be wrong but I just don't think she was forced into this. But hey, I could be wrong.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

I really liked tonight's episode, very well done. Then the Addison/Jake sex scene ruined it. While I never mind watching him with his shirt off, this scene was out of place. And then the ending? Not gonna spoil, but that was the worst season ending. Blech!

I'm only interested in watching Jake, Charlotte and Amelia right now.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

+ Reply to Thread