+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 82 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162636465666768697071 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Private Practice

Well, given Addison hopping into someone else's lap, and being seen by Sam, don't see a future for Sam and Addison! Nor much of one for Pete, since he really did 'murder" the guy, unless the dad lies and says the son didn't want the tubes.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Well, given Addison hopping into someone else's lap, and being seen by Sam, don't see a future for Sam and Addison! Nor much of one for Pete, since he really did 'murder" the guy, unless the dad lies and says the son didn't want the tubes.
    You may have a point! I posted that while I was still watching the episode. Knowing Addy, she'll probably vacillate between the two men and end up ruining her chances with both of them. Addy's her own worst enemy where men are concerned.

I was practically yelling at the TV when Pete was taking that patient off life support. What was he thinking? Why couldn't they have shown the father what his son wrote about not wanting to be kept alive and tried to convince him that way? I agree that they should have let him go and not kept him "alive," but that wasn't the way to go about it. As much as Violet irritates me sometimes, I wanted to smack Pete tonight....and not in a good way!

Poor Sheldon. Even when he's doing the right thing, he can't win!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I finally caught it and breathed a sigh of relief when I found that in my absence from watching this show the doctors are still having considerable problems with legal/ethical issues. You would have thought by no they would have learned by guess not.

Anyhow I liked Jakes discussion with Ameila about relapsing tonight. And was not a fan of Sam who appeared to me to want to just dip his toe into the child rearing water but not take the full jump into fatherhood. Like he seemed most ok if he could just walk away when it got hard.

Please just send Sam away. They could give him a good storyline, like he's going to take a leave to be closer to his sister or take her somewhere for a new treatment. Although, he was right when he was trying to talk some sense into Pete. What a knucklehead. He used zero judgment. He really needs some time away from his job. I do feel the patient's dad will step in and save Pete from prison. I would never put a doctor in a position like that. If they do pursue charges against Pete, perhaps he will use the opportunity to take that trip to South American that he was contemplating.

Regarding the child with the sexual orientation condition. Sam and Amelia didn't know the first thing about it. I'm no doctor, but just watching documentaries on TLC and CBS. gives you more information than those two doctors know. Shoot, I guess they don't watch DWTS either. IF they knew the first thing about Chaz Bono, they would know something about this condition.

I'm loving Henry and Addison. If they take that baby from her by adoption mixup, SIDS, kidnapping, or any other means, I'm done with this show.
    combatcutie likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm loving Henry and Addison. If they take that baby from her by adoption mixup, SIDS, kidnapping, or any other means, I'm done with this show.
    It's a Rhimes show, no one is happy for too long!

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Please just send Sam away. They could give him a good storyline, like he's going to take a leave to be closer to his sister or take her somewhere for a new treatment. Although, he was right when he was trying to talk some sense into Pete. What a knucklehead. He used zero judgment. He really needs some time away from his job. I do feel the patient's dad will step in and save Pete from prison. I would never put a doctor in a position like that. If they do pursue charges against Pete, perhaps he will use the opportunity to take that trip to South American that he was contemplating.
    I think eventually the dad will drop the charges too. But it is a sad reality with people who don't have health care directives and end up in that kind of situation with competing loved ones. I used to have sit over and over again with families who couldn't decide what to do with a loved one and fighting between themselves. Or if someone has a partner who they aren't married too and some random next of kin comes floating in with differing or guilt ridden ideas. I sat down even at a young age and did my health care directive and named proxies because it will be a cold day before some estranged next of kin makes a life or death decision for me.

But I (foolishly) expected Pete to do the more legal thing. I'm surprised that hospital is still up and going with all the bad behavior they have there with doctors.
    combatcutie and Debb70 like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was not surprised that Pete decided to do what he did. People, even healthcare professionals, have strong opinions about this kind of thing, and will do what some people consider "the wrong thing". I don't really think it's the "wrong thing"; it's just not the legal thing. Some people are more driven to do what their conscious dictates instead of what the law mandates. Jack Kevorkian, anyone? I did not think that what he was doing was wrong.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I was not surprised that Pete decided to do what he did. People, even healthcare professionals, have strong opinions about this kind of thing, and will do what some people consider "the wrong thing". I don't really think it's the "wrong thing"; it's just not the legal thing. Some people are more driven to do what their conscious dictates instead of what the law mandates. Jack Kevorkian, anyone? I did not think that what he was doing was wrong.
    I have strong opinions on it too and I agree most all professionals working with people have strong opinions on what should be done. Most health care professionals have to put their own personal feelings of right/wrong aside to handle these kind of cases. One will find many health care professionals, for example, heavily influenced by their personal religion in which unplugging him would be murderous sin. They would have to set aside their personal bias to enact the wishes of the patient. In this case it is unclear what the wishes of the patient were except for something that was typed and could have easily been forged. This was not his regular doctor from my understanding other than Sam who realistically was the only doctor there with any insight on that man's plans for himself. Pete did not have that sort of information but instead acted on his own personal bias and impulse.

Most healthcare professionals would not put their license or livlihood on the line to make an impulsive, poorly informed decision as he did and in the real world they would have worked more aggressively with both the family and the partner or at least that is my experience. I'm yet to meet a single professional that is not professional enough to recognize when they are starting to personalize things and go into with clouded judgement. And more over a professional who works in a vacuum like it seems the people at this fictitious hospital do. He was surrounded by other professionals who should have stepped in at some point when it was obvious he was not thinking clearly anymore.

It is not easy to handle these sorts of cases. In fact is down right miserable and eats you alive. But I would never want someone who can't keep his personal opinions and biases from affecting my treatment to work on me.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    {snip}
    Most healthcare professionals would not put their license or livlihood on the line to make an impulsive, poorly informed decision as he did and in the real world they would have worked more aggressively with both the family and the partner or at least that is my experience. I'm yet to meet a single professional that is not professional enough to recognize when they are starting to personalize things and go into with clouded judgement. And more over a professional who works in a vacuum like it seems the people at this fictitious hospital do. He was surrounded by other professionals who should have stepped in at some point when it was obvious he was not thinking clearly anymore.

It is not easy to handle these sorts of cases. In fact is down right miserable and eats you alive. But I would never want someone who can't keep his personal opinions and biases from affecting my treatment to work on me.
    ^^^ agree
    It's called being a professional. Pete completely showed no professionalism in that situation.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Help - my power went out last night and i only got 1/2 of the show. Saw right up until Amilia went to Talk to Sheldon in his office. What happens next?

+ Reply to Thread