+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 82 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151656 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

I'm sticking with this show and giving it some time. I'm liking the development of the characters and learning more each episode. It's not Greys, but it's not supposed to be. That's ok with me.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I'm going to give it a few more episodes, but it is not keeping my attention. I only watch it because I love Addison
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

I had a hard time getting into it initially last night, but once I did, I couldn't walk away from the show. (I planned on watching the first half, and then watching the rest this weekend) Strangely enough, I find myself having the opposite reaction of this show to Grey's. On Private Practice, I don't care so much about the personal lives of the doctors, but I get really intrigued by the patient storylines. On Grey's, I get annoyed when they tell patient stories instead of focusing on the lives of the doctors.

FORT Fogey

i am not so sure this serie will last much.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2618158;
    I had a hard time getting into it initially last night, but once I did, I couldn't walk away from the show. (I planned on watching the first half, and then watching the rest this weekend) Strangely enough, I find myself having the opposite reaction of this show to Grey's. On Private Practice, I don't care so much about the personal lives of the doctors, but I get really intrigued by the patient storylines. On Grey's, I get annoyed when they tell patient stories instead of focusing on the lives of the doctors.
    I think I'm in a mix category for both. I like a balance of main character stories and patient stories. Last night was a good episode all around because it really seems like they're finally all coming together in the practice.

justjared is reporting that ABC has just picked up Private Practice for a second season already. It's only the second show to get a renewal... first was Gossip Girl.

Good for them. I'm happiest for Taye Diggs... he's too good of an actor to not have a show that lasts a full season, let alone two. Kevin Hill and Daybreak were both good shows that got screwed over too soon.

There's also reports that David Sutcliffe (aka Christopher, Rory's dad on Gilmore Girls) will be joining the cast. I for one am interested to see what that means.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2619120;
    justjared is reporting that ABC has just picked up Private Practice for a second season already. It's only the second show to get a renewal... first was Gossip Girl.

Good for them. I'm happiest for Taye Diggs... he's too good of an actor to not have a show that lasts a full season, let alone two. Kevin Hill and Daybreak were both good shows that got screwed over too soon.
    And Tim Daly finally gets over his ABC curse! Unfortunately, it's with what was probably the worst of his 3 ABC shows, but still -- he's on my TV.

Quote Originally Posted by laura000;2612516;
    Does it bother anyone else that the doctors do not wear scrubs or even long, white jackets? They don't look like doctors. They all look like models walking around a building.
    The doctors at the practice I go to for checkups and the like do not wear white coats. They had a DO awhile back that did where one but I actually like it more that they don't have the coats on. It makes me feel a little bit more comfortable and able to open up more to my doctor.

I have to say also that I was kinda angry at first when Audra McDonald replaced Merrin Dungey for the part of Naomi. After this week though I think I am sold on Audra. Audra has more of a hard edge that the character needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2619120;
    I'm pretty sure this just means that they picked up the back nine, not an actual second season just yet. (Sadly, because I'd be very happy if that meant Gossip Girl got a second season).

+ Reply to Thread