+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 82 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Do you think there has been a mistake made with the diagnosis of Amelia's baby?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Lord, if so she'll never forgive Addison. I mean she's already beyond furious and full-of-hate... imagine if Addison made a mistake?

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Lord, if so she'll never forgive Addison. I mean she's already beyond furious and full-of-hate... imagine if Addison made a mistake?
    I mean, it's possible. Let's hope Jake has reviewed the case. Wouldn't most people get a second opinion? I think the odds are that her baby will not live. Too many infants on the show will change the dynamics IMO. That's why I'm still not so sure Addison's baby is safe.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

With the way that Addison did a double-take and stared at the ultrasound screen, I seriously doubt that she made a mistake. This is a condition that comes with an obvious cranial deformity. The part of the skull where the brain should be is not there.

How far along is Amelia's pregnancy supposed to be? I'm thinking that it is pretty early.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

For some reason I thought she was 5 months along.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Well, they were looking at the fetus to, among other things, to determine the sex when they saw the anencephaly, so I guess about 20 weeks is what she was supposed to be. Folic acid is especially important before you get pregnant and in early pregnancy, I think; I have not been in the "getting pregnant" mode for quite a while. She wasn't planning to get pregnant, since she was drugging, so she probably didn't take any folic. Don't know how long she was supposed to be pregnant when she found out she was, but the CNS develops early in pregnancy. Poor diet goes hand-in-hand with low folic acid, which is a vitamin B.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I missed the show last night. Can someone do a summary?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I missed the show last night. Can someone do a summary?
    Does nature trump nurture or nurture trump nature? Depends on which answer you want.

I ran across this article on Amelia's baby's condition.

FAQ about anencephaly

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Is it me, or does Kate Walsh's clothes look ridiculous? Her dresses are gorgeous but they're TOO TIGHT. And she's THIN, so it's not like she's trying to squeeze into them. Drives me crazy - she's got a killer bod, but that white dress was ridiculous.

I love the breakthrough Coop had with Mason - I like them.

Sam is an idiot - nobody asked him to watch the baby. And "the nanny cut out?" They don't live in the same house, so unless Sam went over there to check on Henry, the nanny wasn't just walking out. Ugh.

Next week looks interesting with Pete really pushing it.

+ Reply to Thread