+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 82 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162636465666768 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I thought it became really obvious toward the beginning odf the show when they showed the baby's body but not the head on the ultrasound. And when Amelia said it was too late to terminate.....there was no doubt. Anencephaly.

My "psychic powers" have been on overtime lately!
    GOOD CALL!!!! I'm happy for Addison but I hope she goes back with Jake. I like them together better than I like her with Sam.

What the hell with Pete and Violet? Either stay together or don't. She's no different (read: controlling) than before he married her. She was always like that.

Poor Mason's in all kinds of mourning. I'm glad Charlotte got him to talk, even for a bit. I just hope Coop realizes that Charlotte's intentions are pure - I thought it was mean when he said she wasn't his mother.

Interesting that Amelia called Sheldon.

Sometimes I think Coop is just not so bright or just real stubborn. He needs to learn to listen to advice and how to step back and think things through a little more. He ignores the advice of Charlotte and Violet. I find him rather frustrating. Let Mason grieve, but don't let it go out of control with his obsession. That's what Violet warned him about. Charlotte stepped in, knowing this instinctively. Charlotte's parenting skills seem far better than Cooper's IMO. I guess he resents that.

Violet caught on with the teen killer last night. I'm surprised. She was pretty sharp on a couple of things. Normally, I would expect her to get the teen to babysit her son or something as equally crazy. She's gotten better, but I still cannot forget her history. I certainly cannot stand the bickering with her and her husband. Please, let them move on.

Isn't Amelia pregnant in real life? Man, what a difficult storyline for a truly pregnant person.

Why can't I just enjoy watching Addison love being a mom? I'm too paranoid Shonda Rhymes is going to sabotage it. That's why. It's a shame really.

I've been reading around and it seems last night's episode has many fans steaming that they did not do justice to the Amelia storyline. I read that a child with that condition does not qualify as an organ donor. Also, the child is not born without a brain, but the connection is not right. I don't know all the details, but it seems the writers just blew it big time. AND it's not true that a pregnancy cannot be terminated at anytime with a child with that condition. I feel like they took some cheap shots by not getting major details like that wrong. I hope they straighten it out.

FORT Fanatic

Years ago I remember either reading or watching a "real story" movie that dealt with a couple who were pregnant with
    a baby with what sounds similiar to the condition we are assuming Amelia has with her baby (and this was quite some time ago, so I'm stretching my memory). But it basically told how the parents had to fight the system to allow them to donate their baby's organs. It did eventually happen, but I don't know if the system has gotten any better at allowing this to happen. I think the issue is that that baby will die soon after birth (it is something with the brain stem) and in order to keep it alive they have to keep it on life support. I'm not sure why it is so different than a normal accident and taking someone off life support, but it was for some reason.

But anyway... did you see the previews and Amelia was talking about the baby kicking like a normal baby? Is that something not normal for this condition? And I'm sure after the normal gushing about finally getting a baby, Addision will either lose the baby somehow, or it will just dissappear into Nanny land... I hope not though!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I was very unhappy with just one thing in last night's episode. When Amelia finally opened up to Jake and asked something along the lines of "Is this my fault / Did I do this to my baby?" and he said something along the lines of "no, it's just a bad spin of the genetic wheel". OMG I was yelling at him! I was like yah huh it was too because of her!!! I don't understand how he could tell her it wasn't because of the drugs... unless he was just being nice or something.

It bugged me... and it's still bugging me!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

I Bleed Scarlet And Gray FireWoman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post

Isn't Amelia pregnant in real life? Man, what a difficult storyline for a truly pregnant person.
    Yes Caterina Scorsone is expecting in the Summer.
    "Irregardless? That's not even a real word. You're affixing the negative prefix 'ir-' to 'regardless', but, as 'regardless' is already negative, it's a logical absurdity!" ~Steve Smith

"Once I swore I would die for you, But I never meant it like this."

What I read about the condition that Amelia's baby has can't be printed here, but it was from a woman who had a child like that. The child does have a brain, but it is not connected right. ANd she claimed that the court cases have gone to the US Supreme court on organ donation and it is no allowed. She could be wrong, but that's what she reported. If I have time, I'll research later. I hope that Amelia is not asking Jake to do something that is illegal. I feel for her condition, but, her attack on Addison, after the kind treatment she got from her, was just horrible. I hope she moves on soon.

FORT Fogey

i hope they don't destroy the addison storyline. Let her be happy for once.
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I would be surprised if Henry, Addison's son, isn't going to need an organ. Here's a link with info. I found it interesting. Once again, folic acid can be a strong prevention agent.

FAQ about anencephaly

You can see a picture if you google "anencephaly". The brain is not present, but the brainstem is, and the brainstem is responsible for the body's autonomic functions.

The baby kicking would be a reflex movement, just like there can be twitches after a person dies. And organs can be donated, but it depends on how the ancephalic baby progresses after birth. And it is unlikely that the drug activity of the mother would cause this problem....sometimes, "stuff" just happens. If drug use was a cause, we'd have tons more of babies born like this.

This is heavy stuff.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-26-2012 at 08:38 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

If folic acid can help prevent it and she avoided prenatal care I can see some guilt for her.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread