+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 82 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by causingchaos View Post
    I liked the Mason storyline tonight. I'm hoping the Addison and new boyfriend storyline actually goes forward because I'd like to see that a million times more than her and Sam.
    AMEN! I was hoping that Sam would leave with his sister for a sabbatical and spend a year just working with helping her. He couldn't practice medicine and do that too. I think he did the right thing though. I just want him and Addison APART.

Was this the finale?

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I wasn't completely sold on the "Cooper's instant son" storyline, but man, the actor who plays Mason broke my heart tonight. When he came out of the hospital room and ran into Charlotte's arms telling her he didn't cry when saying goodbye to his mother because he wanted to be smiling and happy the last time she saw him = I was annoyed when Erica was suddenly saved by some miracle surgery because I thought it was kind of simplistic cop-out. Sometimes, I think this show is a bit quick on the trigger finger, killing off characters left and right, but I think Erica dying makes for a much more interesting story.

So sad for Sam tonight too. He did more than many people would even attempt. They both looked like the walking wounded as he was leaving Corrine at the hospital.

This was a a pretty pivotal episode for so many characters. So, how many weeks until the show comes back?
    My heart as well--he's really good. I got the feeling Charlotte might have told him to be brave for his mom, and he was kind of reporting in that he had managed it. Otherwise how would a little kid think to do that? So brave of the mom as well....I don't know if I could have done that.... I'd at least have waited another day or two, but I guess you don't know how fast you will fail.

So Violet is dumped by her boytoy...does this imply she'll go back to her "family"?

I am also rooting for Addison and the B. Bratt character....they seem to have more than she and Sam did...although I admit Addison seems to go overboard too quickly with most men.

Mason delivered with every ounce of emotion and impact. It was absolutely, perfectly, heartbreaking.

It was a great episode overall. Even the annoying characters annoyed me much less than usual!
    Debb70 likes this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Benjamin Bratt is just too thin now.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mason was brave and didn't cry BUT I wasn't - I cried like a baby watching it.
    Jamie5632 likes this.

I have a new love now JunkieGirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    I wasn't completely sold on the "Cooper's instant son" storyline, but man, the actor who plays Mason broke my heart tonight. When he came out of the hospital room and ran into Charlotte's arms telling her he didn't cry when saying goodbye to his mother because he wanted to be smiling and happy the last time she saw him = I was annoyed when Erica was suddenly saved by some miracle surgery because I thought it was kind of simplistic cop-out. Sometimes, I think this show is a bit quick on the trigger finger, killing off characters left and right, but I think Erica dying makes for a much more interesting story.

So sad for Sam tonight too. He did more than many people would even attempt. They both looked like the walking wounded as he was leaving Corrine at the hospital.

This was a a pretty pivotal episode for so many characters. So, how many weeks until the show comes back?
    No new show until April 17th, which is a Tuesday. I wonder if this will be the last season? Moving shows around the schedule seems to be the kiss of death.

My feelings were all over the place with this episode. When Erica said that she didn't want Mason to see her in her final days and not spend her last week with him~~my first thoughts were how selfish is she? Who wouldn't want to spend their remaining days on earth with her child? After her conversation with Charlotte and Amelia, I totally understood where she was coming from. Why would you want your child to see you at your worst? Why would you want to leave him with images of vomiting blood, paralysis, your body decaying right in front of him? Add to that the guilt one must feel if they didn't go to a doctor early on. As a mother, I've never thought about this before...how the heck do you prepare your child for your death? Damn, it seems so unfair. I want a miracle for Erica right about now.

Seeing Coop & Charlotte explain what was going to happen to his mother started the tears. I loved their honesty with Mason, Charlotte in her no-nonsense way telling him facts. The last scene with Mason and his mom led to a full on crying session. This episode brought me back 5 years ago when my child almost lost his best friend in a car accident. How do I tell him the news? What to tell him? How much should I tell him? How much can he handle? Why does my little boy have to experience such tragedy while so young?

I've never liked Sam, but the scenes with his sister are kind of winning me over. Pushing her up against the fridge, forcing her take her meds, trying to "suicide-proof" his house. Being a man and a doctor must put him in a difficult position, since he can't just "fix" her. The actress is doing a wonderful job with the character.

While she was happy for Amelia, I wondered if Addison would shake her and say "I've been wanting a baby forever, you inject drugs into your body and got pregnant while on a bender with some stranger. WTF?" It's obvious where that storyline is going.

So NOT a fan of Violet. When she was talking to Addison, all I could think of was why can't you be Judging Amy?
    Debb70 likes this.
    Sheldon Cooper: Woman, you're playing with forces beyond your ken

Penny: Yeah, well your Ken can kiss my Barbie.

Kids are a lot tougher and smarter than we give them credit for being. It's amazing.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Very good episode Tuesday. I am glad Erica held on long enough for Mason to say goodbye. I think he needed to see that.
    I loved that scene with Cooper and Charlotte and Mason in bed all together as a family. Charlotte is awesome. Loved when she told Erica that "OUR son" needed her.
    I am SO very tired of Addison. SO very tired.

Wonder what will be wrong with Shepard's baby (sorry can't think of her name) Glad to see Pete and Violet back towards each other
    combatcutie likes this.

Here I go guessing about what's wrong with the baby. The first thing that came to my mind was anencephalic....I have no idea why. It's obviously something readily noticeable and visible. Or maybe a teratoma.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-22-2012 at 09:39 PM.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I still love Private Practice. Even if they do some funky things with the storylines/characters, I count this as another Shonda Rhimes success
    I'm glad Addison finally got a baby. Maybe now she can move on with her life and focus on something that matters instead of which-man-should-I-be-with. Oy!
    I don't understand how Violet could ever continue to live in that house. Talk about bad memories? Hellzno, that'd be horrible nightmares on a continual basis!
    Whatever is wrong with Amelia's baby I'm figuring it will be something seriously major. It would be way too easy/convenient/ridiculous to think any other way since she and the father were raging drug addicts before and during the conception... as well as afterward.
    Last edited by Marlena_M; 04-22-2012 at 10:11 PM.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread