+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 82 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing too. I love the actress who plays Sam's sister- Anika Noni Rose. She was in the movie Dreamgirls and on this interesting HBO series starring singer Jill Scott called The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency.
    I didn't even realize they made a show from that book series...set in Africa, right?

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    I didn't even realize they made a show from that book series...set in Africa, right?
    It was on HBO a few years ago. I think they only did one season. It's well worth a look

I like the actress, but the character is another matter...
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Yep, it was set in Africa and they only did one season. And I didn't even know it was based on a book series.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I swear I'm not a Sam hater, but I loved the scene where his sister gave him a piece of her mind. (pardon the pun) How she would tell him to go to hell, but she had already been there! I appreciated her sentiments. I do find him very selfish.
    I loved how she said he could't handle it! Bwaaaahahaha! "I'd tell you to go to hell but I've already been there and you can't handle it" Bwaaaaaahahaha!
    combatcutie and Debb70 like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Yep, it was set in Africa and they only did one season. And I didn't even know it was based on a book series.
    Yes, it's a great book series...the #1 LadiesDetective Agency... set in Botswana. If you like the old fashioned non-bloody English type of mysteries, while learning about a very different setting, you'd really enjoy it. You need to read them in order though. Written by a white guy, Alexander McCall Smith, and starring two interesting woman, one plump and middle aged, the other younger but very prim.

And now back to our TV show...count me as those who are glad the relationship seems to have run its course...I never saw the heat really...he was much better with his wife (aka her best friend). Talk about your unforgiveable offenses...even if the marriage is really over it leaves you wondering if your hubby was eyeing the best friend for years and vice versa. You could never trust either again. And once she got so committed to having a baby that was it.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I just watched last weeks episode. I loved when Sam's sister went off on him. He is very self centered, but then again most of the cast is the same way.

Charlotte continues to be my favorite on the show. She is definitely Cooper's rock during this time. I'm glad he realized it and came home to spend time with her. Very nice to hire a night nurse so he could get some rest also.

Amelia, I knew this was going to happen. How much do you want to make a bet that she gives the baby to Addison.
    Debb70 likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    I just watched last weeks episode. I loved when Sam's sister went off on him. He is very self centered, but then again most of the cast is the same way.

Charlotte continues to be my favorite on the show. She is definitely Cooper's rock during this time. I'm glad he realized it and came home to spend time with her. Very nice to hire a night nurse so he could get some rest also.

Amelia, I knew this was going to happen. How much do you want to make a bet that she gives the baby to Addison.
    I was thinking the same thing!

I also have hopes for Addison and Benjamin Brat character. I loved it when he told her he was ready to DO IT ALL, but she wasn't ready. She said. "I can get READY." I love it. LOL

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

You know, I had been thinking that the character of Amelia was looking a little "fuller" in the face prior to her character announcing she was pregnant. She is actually
    expecting in real life, too, with her first child.

Caterina Scorsone Expecting First Child
    Debb70 likes this.

I wasn't completely sold on the "Cooper's instant son" storyline, but man, the actor who plays Mason broke my heart tonight. When he came out of the hospital room and ran into Charlotte's arms telling her he didn't cry when saying goodbye to his mother because he wanted to be smiling and happy the last time she saw him = I was annoyed when Erica was suddenly saved by some miracle surgery because I thought it was kind of simplistic cop-out. Sometimes, I think this show is a bit quick on the trigger finger, killing off characters left and right, but I think Erica dying makes for a much more interesting story.

So sad for Sam tonight too. He did more than many people would even attempt. They both looked like the walking wounded as he was leaving Corrine at the hospital.

This was a a pretty pivotal episode for so many characters. So, how many weeks until the show comes back?
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I liked the Mason storyline tonight. I'm hoping the Addison and new boyfriend storyline actually goes forward because I'd like to see that a million times more than her and Sam.
    Debb70 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread