+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 82 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364 ... LastLast
Like Tree122Likes

Thread: Private Practice

Re: Private Practice

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You're going to have to explain that one. How is Sam selfish? Because he knows he doesn't want another child? I'd say that's being honest and true to himself. Would it be better if he just went along with Addy even when he knows he doesn't want to have a baby with her? That would be unfair to all of them, especially the child.

He's intelligent, handsome, kind, has a good career.....not a loser in my book.

I think he's incredibly inept with women. He was with Naomi since they were young and then Addison. So, if he's never met women outside of school, where does he go? He probably has no clue.
    We just disagree on Sam. I find him a total turnoff. Do you recall his behavior back when Addison was having the procedure last season? He stood outside acting like a baby and refused to go in to her, then he shows up last minute to try to ruin it for her. I can't recall his excuse. He just acted so selfish. If the baby thing is a real deal breaker, then leave the woman alone. Stop leading her on. I think Addison is capable of independent thought, but she is out there with Sam. She does not see how bizarre it is to keep a lover who wants to stay your boyfriend, but have nothing to do with your pregnancy or child. IMO if he really loved her as much as she claims he does, he would compromise on the baby issue, but since he won't, she is right to move on. Why she insists on him being perfect is just beyond me. I don't see it at all. OH, I never saw any chemistry between them either. And I used to like the guy.

I didn't see it as Sam being selfish and staying with Addy when she wanted out. I saw it as both of them loving each other and conflicted about breaking up and wanting to stay together, even though they knew it couldn't work. They knew they had to break up and they eventually got there. I don't think Sam is a bad or selfish person - he's just human. No one on this show is all good or all bad - they're just people. I love Charlotte, but she was a witch when Mason first showed up. Good people do bad things sometimes.

I love Sam and I love Taye Diggs and I think they're both wonderful....although Taye might win by a nose since HE can sing!

It seems, based on Pete's reaction to the attack, that his feelings for Violet aren't as dead as he'd thought.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

just watched the 5 show I had recorded. excellent

Watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice together that way made it even clearer to me, how much more I like PP now.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Watching Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice together that way made it even clearer to me, how much more I like PP now.
    Exactly! I still watch both - Grey's with hubby, PP on my own, so not back to back. After seeing them back to back this week it was grossly obvious that I really like PP so much more than Grey's as an overall show.
    Wag more, bark less

I swear I'm not a Sam hater, but I loved the scene where his sister gave him a piece of her mind. (pardon the pun) How she would tell him to go to hell, but she had already been there! I appreciated her sentiments. I do find him very selfish.

I don't think finally losing it after dealing with an addict for so many years means he's selfish. She was alive for years and chose not to tell her family, who thought she was dead and even had a funeral. I'd be pissed off too. I've been on that roller coaster with an addict, so I understand the frustration Sam feels.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I keep expecting Sam's sister to commit suicide, with him close by. I thought she was going to walk into the ocean last week.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I think I like them about equally. The one thing I like a wee bit better about PP is that there is less emphasis on the medical procedures and when they are shown they are less gruesome. I know I am the biggest wuss but I just cannot stand looking at bloody patients on the operating table; even though I know it's fake I spend half the episode with my hands covering my eyes.

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I keep expecting Sam's sister to commit suicide, with him close by. I thought she was going to walk into the ocean last week.
    Yep, I was thinking the same thing too. I love the actress who plays Sam's sister- Anika Noni Rose. She was in the movie Dreamgirls and on this interesting HBO series starring singer Jill Scott called The No.1 Ladies' Detective Agency.

+ Reply to Thread